Opener for Summer N.A. Tour?

Does anyone think Aerosmith would do it? They're scheduling tour dates now for the fall in South America, and would be a nice lead in to those dates. 

Obviously a long shot, but how awesome. 

Edited by KiernanProud
  • Like 1

Is a Danzig/Misfits reunion big enough? We're talking about needing an opener that can help fill stadiums. Is there any market that GNR can't sell out along that Danzig helps? It's cool, don't get me wrong. But I just don't think they have the mainstream modern cache that GNR would want from their opener.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, axlslash said:

Is a Danzig/Misfits reunion big enough? We're talking about needing an opener that can help fill stadiums. Is there any market that GNR can't sell out along that Danzig helps? It's cool, don't get me wrong. But I just don't think they have the mainstream modern cache that GNR would want from their opener.

If it was an arena tour I'd say Misfits could be a good fit. But no way in stadiums. That said, a co-reunion tour would be cool as shit, and it's not really something that's ever been done before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

If it was an arena tour I'd say Misfits could be a good fit. But no way in stadiums. That said, a co-reunion tour would be cool as shit, and it's not really something that's ever been done before.

Misfits are huge. Fans of all ages all over the world.

For some reason radio never played their songs. Maybe because they were lumped in with the other underground punk bands but they are more than that. They wrote countless timeless songs and albums

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/misfits-jerry-only-explains-how-he-reunited-with-glenn-danzig-20160513?page=2

That description of the drummer - a family man who lost gigs for family commitments - sounds an awful lot like Brain. If he's their drummer, odds of them being in the Guns opener conversation seem a lot higher to me.

11 hours ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Misfits are huge. Fans of all ages all over the world.

For some reason radio never played their songs. Maybe because they were lumped in with the other underground punk bands but they are more than that. They wrote countless timeless songs and albums

I'm not disagreeing with you. We live in the age of materialism though and capitalism matters, especially in America. I did a quick google search and it looks like they weren't an overly impressive commercial band. I read their 2 best selling records went gold, selling 500,000 to date. The Spaghetti Incident trumps this for perspective. 

Legendary and influential as they are, a co headlining tour with an artist who's sold over 100 million records seems like a stretch. Maybe they just never had the outlet in America that Guns did. But i'd be willing to bet if you took a random poll in 2016 America, the vast majority has not even heard of them, as unfortunate as that may be. 

But Rock and Roll isn't about that. It's essence is literally the opposite, especially a band like the Misfits. But I could climb aboard!! "GNR/Misfits coming to a town near you!!" sounds good to me.

They don't need a big name opener. Shows are selling well enough, some sold out, without an opener even being announced. AC/DC didn't have a big name opener on their stadium tour last summer, it was some band called Vintage Trouble. When the Foo Fighters played Wrigley Field last summer they had Urge Overkill, hardly a "big name".

3 hours ago, axlslash said:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/misfits-jerry-only-explains-how-he-reunited-with-glenn-danzig-20160513?page=2

That description of the drummer - a family man who lost gigs for family commitments - sounds an awful lot like Brain. If he's their drummer, odds of them being in the Guns opener conversation seem a lot higher to me.

Ha I highly doubt it but that would be amazing!

i can see the Misfits at some point with Guns. They have to announce a full tour first. They may only be doing big festivals for all we know. 

Also Guns would have to feel them out and make sure they don't get caught in the middle of unwanted drama. Misfits like GN'R were a very volatile band. Maybe they've grown out of that. Certainly don't need another GNR/Metallica or Motley/Godsmack type situation happening at this stage. There would have to be a lot of mutual respect and understanding each other. 

The conspirators would be great for some select dates!