Opener for Summer N.A. Tour?

47 minutes ago, PITBOSS said:

ahh, i must have missed that. it would be awesome if they opened for gnr and while i think it's awesome i bet a lot of gnr fans hate rap music.

I would love it!

I'm a huge NWA/rap fan

43 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

That's right! I think A7X would do it! They're huge fans of GNR and they've already done shows with Axl and the other GNR.

I just hope it's someone good and not some boring band no one's heard of!  I would rather GNR played alone.

I don't see Avenged Sevenfold doing it.....they are big enough to do a headline arena tour in North America.

26 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

I don't see Avenged Sevenfold doing it.....they are big enough to do a headline arena tour in North America.

I could see A7X fill the role well.  As you stated before, they are big enough to do a headlining arena tour in NA, but how can they go to the next level in an era where there are few (if any) up-and-coming stadium rock acts?  Something like opening in stadiums for a legendary act could get the job done, especially if you can win the crowd over.  They are already doing a show in the summer opening in a stadium with Metallica headlining, so I think if they do not mind opening in a stadium for Metallica, they do not mind opening for GNR if asked.  They got a good sound.  Can appeal well to a younger generation, and have been influenced by GNR.  I can see it work.

Edited by Anguyen92

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

I saw Queen at a sold out arena show not even 2 years ago in Detroit. They're still huge, dude

I know by they completely vanished from the limelight... I mean, reasonably, but still they are having hard time selling those out.. Anyway, like I stated, not that they need a resurrection, but some kind of acknowledgment would be great..rocking out with GnR in that manner! A two mutually respected bands.. and stylistically reminiscent.

1 hour ago, Anguyen92 said:

I could see A7X fill the role well.  As you stated before, they are big enough to do a headlining arena tour in NA, but how can they go to the next level in an era where there are few (if any) up-and-coming stadium rock acts?  Something like opening in stadiums for a legendary act could get the job done, especially if you can win the crowd over.  They are already doing a show in the summer opening in a stadium with Metallica headlining, so I think if they do not mind opening in a stadium for Metallica, they do not mind opening for GNR if asked.  They got a good sound.  Can appeal well to a younger generation, and have been influenced by GNR.  I can see it work.

I would love it as Avenged Sevenfold are one of my favourite bands, but I don't know I just can't see it for this tour.

1 hour ago, LoadedNightraiN said:

Are they really? Even is so, stadiums are another story.

A7X are pretty popular, for their last album cycle they headlined a North American arena tour.

They also headlined Download festival in England...

6 hours ago, tsinindy said:

This...would be just about perfect.  Though they could really just use Eric's son for the Eazy E parts, I felt he was right on point at Coachella.

Tough part about this is that Eazy has such a distinct sound. Same reason why Biggie cannot be duplicated. Young E is a sentimental choice, but does really look or sound the part.

10 hours ago, vloors said:

HOT off the press and my prediction for opener is Rage Against the Machine. A announcement will be made in 1 week 6 days

http://prophetsofrage.com

It looks like they're going on tour with public enemy, which would be a big show in its own right 

it's not happening, but a Public Ennemy/Rage/GNR is the show to end all shows. 

Edited by KiernanProud
  • Like 1

Just now, KiernanProud said:

They could be doing the California or other August dates. Kravitz is a pretty big name. 

I know A7X opened for GnR in early 00's and Guns are their main influence...would be great seeing them together once again!! On a stadium!! 

23 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

I would love it!

I'm a huge NWA/rap fan

I'm sorry, you hope for NWA but think Avenged sevenfold are too big to open? NWA are riding on the success of a blockbuster movie and are super hip again at the moment, and their fans are mostly in a completely different demographic. It was widely reported that ice cube drew the biggest crowd at coachella. I think "A7X" is a safer bet. 

20 hours ago, PirateRadio said:

GNR fans are bringing a lot more wives, fiances, and girlfriends to the these concerts than they were 25 years ago. Throw the ladies a bone...Pink opens for Guns N Roses.

Some "GNR fans" bring their boyfriends and couldn't give less of a fuck about Pink.