Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

6 minutes ago, flickn said:

Friday comes and we are right or wrong...

If we are right epic #CSIMYGNR insuing

And just like the show "CSI" is supposed to take place in Las Vegas, it's actually happening in LA....:P

12 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

Hmm I suppose it could go either way.

Faith No More played a secret show at the troubadour in September. It was announced day of and went on sale online billed as the band "lump" and was will call only.

good to know.

either way, tickets will most likely be tied to your ID in some capacity. if it's box office sales only, they could potentially put your name on a list where you'd still have to show ID to gain entrance for the actual show. or if it's online sales only like you said, then yeah, show ID at will call.

people can still scalp tickets if it's online purchases only. they'd just meet their buyer at will call in that case and hand them the ticket.

for other bands/acts, i've actually bought tickets from scalpers a few times when it's been will-call only shows. in those cases, the scalpers were attending the show as well, so i lined-up with them to ensure my ticket wasn't fake.

I thought you guys meant Diamond David Lee Roth,not some random dude with 500 likes on a Facebook page that is now the source for the gig. The butt-hurt on here will be STRONG if Izzy and Adler make appearances at the club show but not Vegas. After almost a quarter century,Axl,Slash, and Duff are gonna take the stage with Frank and Fortus:max::facepalm::shrugs: That just doesn't seem right. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

I thought you guys meant Diamond David Lee Roth,not some random dude with 500 likes on a Facebook page that is now the source for the gig. The butt-hurt on here will be STRONG if Izzy and Adler make appearances at the club show but not Vegas. After almost a quarter century,Axl,Slash, and Duff are gonna take the stage with Frank and Fortus:max::facepalm::shrugs: That just doesn't seem right. 

Yeah! I thought everyone was talking about DLR at first and totally got excited!

Has anybody ever heard of this Diamond Dave guy before tonight?

3 hours ago, doakes said:

Yeah! I thought everyone was talking about DLR at first and totally got excited!

Has anybody ever heard of this Diamond Dave guy before tonight?

Apparently he's been around the LA entertainment scene for a while.  But I have no idea if he is a legitimate source or not.

Edit:  He does have some pics with celebrities on his Facebook, including one with Axl Rose and Sebastian Bach.  So take it for what it is.

Edited by Kasanova King

On 30-3-2016 at 6:37 AM, Billsfan said:

If they do it under a different name, like other bands such as Metallica Under "deehan" have done in the past, then they wouldn't be breaking any rules by written technicality. So if they do a secret show they couldnt be booked as guns n roses, they would have to be booked under a different name. 

an other name? such as hollywood roses perhaps?

how epic would it be if a show was billed as a GNR tribute band, and then the real gunners take the stage. plus you have the "1 april" factor for added confusion. i can imagine the headlines and the discussion that would ensue

I see no reason why that Dave guy would bullshit if he's friends or has any relations with axl, he won't risk that by spreading some bull online, and considering all the other stuff like the billboard report and the extremely suspicious GRS (Guns N Roses, Suckers?). I really didnt want to give myself any false hopes or get hyped up for nothing but I am 99% sure at this point that SHIT IS ABOUT TO GO DOWN IN LESS THAN 48H FROM NOW

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

3 hours ago, action said:

an other name? such as hollywood roses perhaps?

how epic would it be if a show was billed as a GNR tribute band, and then the real gunners take the stage. plus you have the "1 april" factor for added confusion. i can imagine the headlines and the discussion that would ensue

They're booked under Girl Rock Showcase.

G R Show

Guns N' Roses Show

16 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Apparently he's been around the LA entertainment scene for a while.  But I have no idea if he is a legitimate source or not.

Edit:  He does have some pics with celebrities on his Facebook, including one with Axl Rose and Sebastian Bach.  So take it for what it is.

Well the guy tweets like crazy and is no stranger to promotion, but he seems cool/ real enough to be able to have access to these musicians & Axl especially... That's fairly difficult considering the man's a phantom.

And for what it's worth-- on his twitter comments, there's a guy who is disputing Diamond Dave on there, because this dude supposedly has friends at the Whiskey that deny Guns N' Roses will be there... But if anything-- to me-- than just means that the doubter isn't considering the possibility of a club other than the Whiskey, and just further rules out the whiskey.

Check it

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, doakes said:

Well the guy tweets like crazy and is no stranger to promotion, but he seems cool/ real enough to be able to have access to these musicians & Axl especially... That's fairly difficult considering the man's a phantom.

And for what it's worth-- on his twitter comments, there's a guy who is disputing Diamond Dave on there, because this dude supposedly has friends at the Whiskey that deny Guns N' Roses will be there... But if anything-- to me-- than just means that the doubter isn't considering the possibility of a club other than the Whiskey, and just further rules out the whiskey.

Check it

He never mentioned the Whisky so the guy commenting is full of it! Looks like troubadour

3 hours ago, doakes said:

Check it

And 1700 followers for a guy who isn't a celebrity isn't all that bad, actually. 

3 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

This is reminds Me about Their secret show before They're worldwide famous

I read that on Reckless Road

*They are using different name, I forgot what it is. Anyone could tell Me? I'm really curious*

the drunk fux?

3 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

BOOM!!!!!!!

ANYONE IN LA GET OUT THERE NOW!!!!

that picture is from like 1988

15 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

the drunk fux?

that picture is from like 1988

No... I think the initial name is F.B

It wasnt Drunk Fux: Slash Duff Del Todd West

It was Guns N' Roses line up: Axl Slash Izzy Duff Adler

From what I read... back then Geffen forbid Them to do a show on Sunset Strip L.A Their usual place so that They can focus on the making AFD Album...

But They can't sit N' doin' nothing. So They do a secret show under name something I forgot, I think the name was taken from a movie

Edited by SerenityScorp

Man when they played under the name Drunk Fux they played some weird (and new shit) like a then completely unknown Yesterdays, which by the way wipes the floor with the version from UYI. I have a feeling you wont see any Jungle or Sweet Child at this gig. God I wish I could be in LA right now

Edited by StrangerInThisTown