Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

From what we hear so far, Axl sounds "last few shows of 2014 Vegas run" in these videos. That's the bare minimum of how he needs to sound so no complaints from me. If he can kick it into 2010 gear by the time the tour proper rolls around and after a few shows, then we'll really be in for a treat. However, if it helps his voice at all to stay "2014 Vegas" for the whole tour then I'd say it's passable.

It's so nice to hear Slash's little licks in the Jungle verse again even in just that short clip.

9 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

It will always be the newest lineup, unless the reunite a former lineup. I wouldn't refer this era to "nuGuns", though. This is a chimeric lineup, something entirely new, old and new combined. It is neither "old guns" or "new guns".

Welcome to Chimerica. 

Two worlds collide
Rival nations
It's a primitive clash
Venting years of frustrations
Bravely we hope
Against all hope
There is so much at stake
Seems our freedom's up
Against the ropes
Does the crowd understand?
Is it East versus West
Or man against man
Can any nation stand alone

Survivor - Burning Heart

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ultrastar said:

From all the clips I have seen Slash seemed to have very little energy. He just walked around like a zombie in all the clips I have seen. He doesn't seem to be enjoying himself or the music. Maybe that is due to the small stage. 

On the bright side, Axl sounds great, as does the music. Can't wait to see them in Nashville!

I think it depends on the fact that he's not used to be on the same stage as Axl hopefully things will go better

3 minutes ago, starlight said:

I think it depends on the fact that he's not used to be on the same stage as Axl hopefully things will go better

It was probably nerves more than anything!

I'd imagine he'll be a bit more animated a couple of shows in and he gets used to being in front of a GN'R crowd again.

I too want to hear Slash's take on Chinese and Better. Looks like Richard trade the leads on those songs (from that HTGTH review), which actually means two things:

- the songs must have been stripped down. Chinese specially, as it had Bumble fretless riffs and Bucket leads all over the place while the other guys played chords and bits. 

- I think Richard is playing Bucket/Bumble leads. Which is what he was supposed to do way back in 2006. As far as I heard back then, he even rehearsed doing Bucket solos like in IRS, trading solos with Robin. Guess now it must be the same, but with Slash playing what Robin played. 

I wish the official site would release some Instagram videos of that.. Anything really would be awesome.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StoneTempleRoses said:

I wish someone would just put up one complete song. chinese or better would be nice. Those people who posted a few clips have to have more right?

Remember the show didn't start until midnight.

The majority of folks who attended are likely now asleep.

Would expect more videos to surface later in the day when people wake up.

4 minutes ago, SheldonR311 said:

I think the potential quality of Axl's voice is an important topic to discuss, obviously it shouldn't overshadow what was legitimately history in the making last night, but it's still important.

It's important only to those who cannot fathom that a 54 yr old man can't sing the same way when he was younger. Axl's singing was/is unique. It is a fact of life he will not be able to sing like he used to. Not because he's "lazy" but because he's vocal chords have aged. Many young singers can't hit the notes "old" Axl is still hitting even today. Why don't we make THAT an important topic? But hey, some people will just never be happy..

I never said I wouldn't be happy even if Axl sounds like shit, but one can hope that he's pulled himself together as he's proven he can do with some actual effort i.e. Philly 2012, quite a few of the 2011 shows, the last Vegas shows, etc.

2 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I too want to hear Slash's take on Chinese and Better. Looks like Richard trade the leads on those songs (from that HTGTH review), which actually means two things:

- the songs must have been stripped down. Chinese specially, as it had Bumble fretless riffs and Bucket leads all over the place while the other guys played chords and bits. 

- I think Richard is playing Bucket/Bumble leads. Which is what he was supposed to do way back in 2006. As far as I heard back then, he even rehearsed doing Bucket solos like in IRS, trading solos with Robin. Guess now it must be the same, but with Slash playing what Robin played. 

I wish the official site would release some Instagram videos of that.. Anything really would be awesome.

It's interesting logistically yes, but by most accounts ChiDem the song is as weak as piss so I doubt if the full video would be a great revelation. I doubt if even Slash could polish that turd. 

Better on the other hand has a killer riff so there's something for the OGs to work with there.

how many tours have we on this board gone through Axl's voice always starts out like this but as the tour goes on he improves.....I know last night a majority of the UYI line up was on stage last night Axl isn't going to have the rasp like we are all familiar with. the same people that complain about his voice just for once enjoy the fact that we are following a tour that we thought we would never see.

9 minutes ago, HubbaBubba said:

It's interesting logistically yes, but by most accounts ChiDem the song is as weak as piss so I doubt if the full video would be a great revelation. I doubt if even Slash could polish that turd. 

Better on the other hand has a killer riff so there's something for the OGs to work with there.

I think that may be a matter of opinion.

Edited by Shaolin Punk

10 minutes ago, HubbaBubba said:

We didn't hear anything yet, so I'll wait a bit to have an opinion on Chinese. But well, the song is almost a grunge/punk structure, Slash wouldn't make much difference there. Anyways, its much more a curiosity on this one. I agree with you on Better (tho I love Robin's original solo). 

6 minutes ago, Kenan said:

It's important only to those who cannot fathom that a 54 yr old man can't sing the same way when he was younger. Axl's singing was/is unique. It is a fact of life he will not be able to sing like he used to. Not because he's "lazy" but because he's vocal chords have aged. Many young singers can't hit the notes "old" Axl is still hitting even today. Why don't we make THAT an important topic? But hey, some people will just never be happy..

I'm not buying that age makes him sound like mickey (on certain songs).. he sounded the same way in 01-02.. I truly believe it's a choice.. considering how he sounded in south america/rock gods and weeks later in vegas he improved drastically.. it's probably just safer/more energy efficient to sing the way he does and choose where to rasp it up instead of rasp on every lyric like he did in 2010 

4 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

So, no Adler.  No Izzy.  No Patience.  They play 2 songs off of CD and a Who cover.  Axl voice shot.

Hmmmmm...........

it was just a little show, they didn't even play november rain, patience, don't cry, etc.

they'll bring their "a" game later.

Edited by supercool