Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

2 minutes ago, Ulnar said:

Well, lets not get ahead of ourselves - we saw evidence of an official film crew, yes - but there's no guarantee that's for public consumption. (I think we'll see some of it at some point, if I'm honest, but there's no point expecting anything! ;))

Yah, I wouldn't necessarily expect anything either....though there could be something for sure.  I was at the Rage Against The Machine Show at Alpine Valley in 2007 and there were several official crew camera dudes capturing the event including a Boom Camera over the audience.  These were not for the big screens either.  Speculation was something official would be released and still to do this day there is nothing from that at all.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

I was at the Rage Against The Machine Show at Alpine Valley in 2007 and there were several official crew camera dudes capturing the event including a Boom Camera over the audience.  These were not for the big screens either.  Speculation was something official would be released and still to do this day there is nothing from that at all.  

Case in point. It's not uncommon at all for bands to film their shows for non-release. It happens all the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

Yah, I wouldn't necessarily expect anything either....though there could be something for sure.  I was at the Rage Against The Machine Show at Alpine Valley in 2007 and there were several official crew camera dudes capturing the event including a Boom Camera over the audience.  These were not for the big screens either.  Speculation was something official would be released and still to do this day there is nothing from that at all.  

They also filmed, edited, and produced an entire 2006 tour documentary that is sitting in a vault somewhere.  Believe it or not, Springsteen does similar things.  I've been at several shows with booms, etc. that never get released. 

5 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

yeah, it can be a documentary also, kindo of "The rise of Guns N' Roses" Lol.

Edited by mikebones

Glad to see that Axl seems to have pulled it off. 

25% of the show was cover songs. Hopefully that will change with the bigger shows.  And hopefully GnR will give the fans some new material. 

And the people complaining about people complaining are just as annoying as the people they are complaining about. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. 

So does a B rating seem reasonable?

Axl in good spirits, sounded great for the most part. Show went off without a hitch or being super late. 

Band played great. 

The whole tower record museum and $10 tickets was a brilliant idea.

cons - no phones allowed, no Izzy or Adler, no new songs and four covers. Axl's voice got shaky at the end. 

An A would have been Izzy and Adler make an appearance and a couple new songs were played.

If u take away the "haters" and the fan boys (somebody NOT at the show actually said this was the best night of their life - wow) and just look at it objectively.......this seems like a solid B. 

Good job boys!

• Like 1

From What I heard and read here and then, it seems that the Slash/Fortus combo is perfect. Great sound together.

Richard Fortus also played lead guitar and solos.

I'm happy for Richard Fortus, because he has been in Guns N' Roses for 15 years and it's just natural seeing him play with Slash. now in 2016.

Very promising guitar combo, both for live concerts and for studio material.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Apollo said:

25% of the show was cover songs.

cons - no phones allowed, no Izzy or Adler, no new songs and four covers. Axl's voice got shaky at the end.  

While that may be true regarding the cover songs, they are still GNR staples, so I don't know how much of that is a negative thing. Live & Let Die, Heaven's Door have been part of the GNR catalogue for so long. It's like complaining that Aerosmith always do Train Kept A Rollin'. Sure, it's a cover, but it's so ingrained it might as well be their own...

Agree that no Izzy or Steven is a shame, though, but I think it's great that they did a no phones thing. As much as I'd like to see more footage, people with their fucking phones everywhere really can ruin gigs for me, so - even though I wasn't there & would like to be able to view from afar - I applaud them for having a no phone rule.

29 minutes ago, LandOla said:

Underneath this Rolling Stones article:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/see-first-photos-of-axl-rose-and-slash-reunited-in-guns-n-roses-20160402

We need that soundboard recording :o

photos of Axl and Slash, together again, a sight GNR fans believed they would never witness again

Uh huh,, What about Vegas? Coachella? Mexico? Not In This Lifetime Tour?

5 minutes ago, Caraibes said:

From What I heard and read here and then, it seems that the Slash/Fortus combo is perfect. Great sound together.

Richard Fortus also played lead guitar and solos.

I'm happy for Richard Fortus, because he has been in Guns N' Roses for 15 years and it's just natural seeing him play with Slash. now in 2016.

Very promising guitar combo, both for live concerts and for studio material.

I know it sounds cruel... N' sorry 

But in My mind it feels like this is just like the elimination of rythm Guitarist N' Richard made it

1 minute ago, BadApples87 said:

It is great to see Axl and Slash together again.  They go together like Page/Plant, Tyler/Perry, Jagger/Richards.

List of the best duo!

Pitchfork laying down their take on the show:
http://pitchfork.com/news/64553-guns-n-roses-play-first-reunion-show-watch/

Last night, the Guns N' Roses reunion tour kicked off at the Troubadour in West Hollywood, California. The "original" lineup included Axl Rose, Slash, and Duff McKagan (drummer Izzy Stradlin has confirmed he will not participate in the reunion). 

It goes to show that the casual fans in the audience likely thought all the people on stage were in the band in the 80's :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, SerenityScorp said:

photos of Axl and Slash, together again, a sight GNR fans believed they would never witness again

Uh huh,, What about Vegas? Coachella? Mexico? Not In This Lifetime Tour?

lol, it's a reference to the past,

nobody believed it would happen about a year or so ago...