Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

Slash was more animated at the willie basse all star jam last month at palladinos. But I also think that was zero pressure, messing a around with friends and not under any scrutiny whatsoever. There is not any room to run around at the troub, so what should he really have done?!

6 minutes ago, MichelleRenee said:

Ok, seriously. Someone said something about them playing the whisky tonight?! Wtf?!

I think it's just one of those things - someone on the forum said it, no source, nothing. Anything's possible, but I can't see them doing it all over again tonight in all honesty

1 minute ago, Ulnar said:

I think it's just one of those things - someone on the forum said it, no source, nothing. Anything's possible, but I can't see them doing it all over again tonight in all honesty

Me either. Especially with all the steps they went through to let people into this, I don't think they'd just show up somewhere. But they are all here, so showing up out is not beyond the realm of possibility I guess. But I don't think they would show up at the whisky. Rainbow maybe...

1 minute ago, MichelleRenee said:

Slash was more animated at the willie basse all star jam last month at palladinos. But I also think that was zero pressure, messing a around with friends and not under any scrutiny whatsoever. There is not any room to run around at the troub, so what should he really have done?!

I've seen some shows where Slash is somewhat animated of late...but really from what I've seen, he did not seem to be significantly less animated and active last night than recently. 

One thing is he's not 23 years old and blitzed out of his mind.  Everyone is expecting UYI Slash and that ain't happening for a lot of reasons when it comes to activity level.

However, his body language did appear to me that he was "nervous" and I think that came off as him not being into it.  He just seemed a bit unsure of himself and his surroundings in a way.   Maybe Axl frekaed him out being in such a good mood and all, i dunno.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MichelleRenee said:

good point and its not like he can headbang much..his tophat would fall off. 

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

I've seen some shows where Slash is somewhat animated of late...but really from what I've seen, he did not seem to be significantly less animated and active last night than recently. 

One thing is he's not 23 years old and blitzed out of his mind.  Everyone is expecting UYI Slash and that ain't happening for a lot of reasons when it comes to activity level.

However, his body language did appear to me that he was "nervous" and I think that came off as him not being into it.  He just seemed a bit unsure of himself and his surroundings in a way.   Maybe Axl frekaed him out being in such a good mood and all, i dunno.

I agree, I've seen Slash a ton of times and he's not usually "all over the place". He gets into it, but he's always been a bit more reserved. He'll do a long Rocket Queen solo but just be standing there killing it. There's not much shtick, he just plays. Something that would be key would be knowing if he did the duck walk he always does during Nightrain.

Yeah, I just attribute it to him being stiff. First show back, small place, etc. I expect him to be more like Slash in Vegas. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MichelleRenee said:

Exactly, this is a totally different thing, not just for Slash, for ALL OF THEM

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Remember this is the first time They are play together. We dunno exactly whats happening inside.... I think after couple of shows He will not nervous anymore

Definitely think Slash was just concentrating on playing. The gravity of that first show would make even the most experienced performers a bit nervous. 

He's been playing plenty of those songs in various bands/projects over the years but he hasn't played them as part of GN'R for over 2 decades.

I wouldn't worry about not looking like he was enjoying it. It will just have been adrenaline and him being totally focussed on his playing.

33 minutes ago, Changes said:

So if I understand correctly Axl was in a great mood, hugging slash and goofing around with him while slash did not return the affection and did not seem to be enjoying himself? I would have thought I would be the other way around, it must have been terrifying for Axl to walk on that stage with slash after all he has said and done. So slightly worrisome, is slash not happy with the situation? How does he normally act on stage nowadays? 

Slash was definitely not as relaxed as he is in other shows, but I put that down to the occasion.

Edited by Babooshka

9 minutes ago, Asia said:

Eeeee, come on, we haven't seen anything and in the nothing that we've seen we already saw Slash embracing Axl, so, well... Plus people said they hugged after PC and not that Axl tried to and Slash ran away. Also in those seconds of footage we have we can see Slash leaning on Axl and trying to lean even more but he was a little late as Axl was already walking away in that particular situation. I don't think Slash has any problems here. Or anyone. I think this show proved they really are on great terms now.

I just hope we are given the chance to see more of this. It should be made available. Come on, it is not just one of them concerts, it was a one of a kind thing, a really special celebration and I don't think all of this was prepared for just 200 people. :shrugs:

Your suspicions are correct... it wasn't just prepared for 200 people.  BUT, there are a lot of fans who were led to believe that Coachella and then Vegas were going to be the first shows.  So I'm sure they tried to keep this warm-up as secretive and private as possible out of respect for those fans.  All-the-while knowing that some bits and pieces of the show would leak out to the public (us), knowing they'd need some kick-ass hints as to how bad-ass they were going to sound to help SELL TICKETS TO THEIR STADIUM TOUR!  

It's actually brilliant marketing, and certainly planned.  None of this was an accident or coincidental.  

After the tour I'm sure they'll release the Troubadour show for sale, which will eventually make it's way to Youtube just like any other GNR show from yesteryear. 

PATIENCE!

11 minutes ago, MichelleRenee said:

Yep, and with 7 people on stage it can get very cluttered so I'd wait til Vegas to see how he does there
He hasn't been moving on stage as much as he used to though, at least when i saw him last year with SMKC. Seems to be more focused in playing nowadays or something like that

Edited by slashfan31

Just now, Babooshka said:

Slash was definitely not as relaxed as he is in other shows, but I put that down to the occasion.

Likely a totally weird atmosphere for him too, since he isn't playing with "his conspirators"