Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

1 minute ago, GNRSkidRow1 said:

Axl still sound Mickey-ish by the way. He will always have a little of that going on no matter what, it seems. 2010 really must've done a number on him.

this is only first show...I think it's pretty solid. I expected to be much worse.

I'm not gonna lie, Axl doesn't sound fantastic, but I don't even care. Just seeing them on stage makes me happy.

I'm a little puzzled as to why they kicked Pitman out but brought in some young girl to replace him. Seems to really stand out on stage and not in a good way. :lol: She looks like she wandered in from the wrong band. But like I said, I'm still happy as hell.

• Like 2

Just now, kwetiauincident said:

I hear some mickey-ish on Axl voice but i think it's better than his voice on 2015 las vegas recidency...

I guess you mean 2014. If you are talking about that Fat lady in that strip club singing GNR songs in 2015, nope that was not Axl. 

10 minutes ago, sonofnazareth said:

I love Slash's playing, Duff's bass/backing vocals, Axl's singing...Fortus even seems to be approaching Izzy's feel, but Frank's drumming is too stiff...no swing at all in that WTTJ clip.

I totally agree with all of that. How I wish they'd managed to find a way to get Steven in there. It does sound good though, doesn't it. Keys & Bongos totally overwhelmed by everything else (I still can't see why they need a second keys player, be it Pitman or Melissa or whoever - they aren't needed). In terms of Axl / Slash / Duff, this is sounding really great though - Axl in particular is looking and sounding energised for the first time in years.

Edited by Ulnar

2 minutes ago, DanGnRose said:

That smile from axl during "I wanna hear you scream" says a lot!! This tour is gonna rock!!!!

He hasn't looked that happy on stage in years. You can tell it's genuine.

Have there been reports yet as to whether Axl acknowledged the Slash reunion on stage, or did they pretty much just walk out, play songs and leave?

I like the clips, and I know people want to hear them. That being said, who the fuck would risk being kicked out of there in order to have short videos of it? I honestly cannot comprehend that. I don't understand filming concerts on your phone in general, but risking getting tossed is just stupidity.

1 minute ago, Estranged Reality said:

I'm not gonna lie, Axl doesn't sound fantastic, but I don't even care. Just seeing them on stage makes me happy.

I'm a little puzzled as to why they kicked Pitman out but brought in some young girl to replace him. Seems to really stand out on stage and not in a good way. :lol: She looks like she wandered in from the wrong band. But like I said, I'm still happy as hell.

Yeah, exactly.

2 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

I disagree. She's terrible. Frank wasn't on the same page with slash completely but that one I have more faith it

Aside from that little intro fuckup, I think it sounds surprisingly good. Frank has a really heavy hitting style, not as groovy as Adler and not as precise as Sorum, but it goes very well with Slash's guitar sound in my opinion.

• Like 1