Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

Just now, Philipm787 said:

Guys don't mean to put a downer on things but did you guys not notice axls scream into the mic at 1:50 mark in jungle video? He screams into mic, but no sound comes out.. Screams are samples? God I hope not..

Nah man he just held the mic a little too far and it got buried a bit.

2 minutes ago, Philipm787 said:

Guys don't mean to put a downer on things but did you guys not notice axls scream into the mic at 1:50 mark in jungle video? He screams into mic, but no sound comes out.. Screams are samples? God I hope not..

you could be right..its very odd

3 minutes ago, Philipm787 said:

Yeah I noticed that too, I just hope it was a problem with the mic. 

7 minutes ago, Estranged Reality said:

Honestly? I don't think Axl sounds much better than he did in this video, but I'm sure in the live setting it's less noticeable.

Can't wait to see them.

100% man!

If you look at that Golden Gods performance, he was winded very easily and wouldn't manage to get through the verses. I know people hate how he has sounded from 2011 onward, but at least in 2011-12 he sounded strong while singing high pitched. That just sounds weak.

Then compare it to last nights performance. He sounds fucking throaty for the majority and sings it better than he has done in some of the past shows in recent years. I'm excited to see what happens next. This will only get better.

1 minute ago, Slash787 said:

Yeah I noticed that too, I just hope it was a problem with the mic. 

I don't think he was screaming there...he does that grimacing face similar to when he screams sometimes when he takes a deep breath in/pauses before another verse.  I've seen it in other clips over the years.

Just now, davhern said:

I don't think he was screaming there...he does that grimacing face similar to when he screams sometimes when he takes a deep breath in/pauses before another verse.  I've seen it in other clips over the years.

It looked like he was definitely going in for the scream..his whole body was into it

5 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

Nah man he just held the mic a little too far and it got buried a bit.

Listen on quality PC stereo speakers. Sound cuts out from the recording. It's not Axl's voice.

2 minutes ago, Forsaken said:

I am not too sure about Melissa being in the band. Seems out of place and unneeded TBH. Do we really need a second keyboardist with Slash and Duff back? How many Chinese songs are gonna be played? 

Then delete your account and forget this band exists if it's so traumatic for you.

Ill try and post full review later....havent seen Axl sing with a fire like that since 2010...Chinese and Bettrr were very raw and sounded awesome! Seeing Slash rock the fuck out on Better was a very strange and comepletely amazing thing all at once! Ha. Ill post more complete later.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Forsaken said:

I am not too sure about Melissa being in the band. Seems out of place and unneeded TBH. Do we really need a second keyboardist with Slash and Duff back? How many Chinese songs are gonna be played? 

100% agree with you on this, During the Jungle clip, she seemed like a female Chris Pitman. The only difference was she din't have a wobbling keyboard and a Towel. 

There is no need of a 2nd keyboard player. Even if they play CD stuff. Its really not needed apart from Madagascar. 

Dizzy Reed is more than enough!

• Like 1

so has anyone who was at this from the forum posted like a detailed recap anywhere? if this has already been discussed sorry but I don't have time to read thru all the posts. running around doing errands pertaining to the Vegas show on Friday. so if anyone can help out with a link or where I can find such a recap ( if one exists ) I would be very appreciative! :) 

Just now, ChineseIRS said:

Ill try and post full review later....havent seen Axl sing with a fire like that since 2010...Chinese and Bettrr were very raw and sounded awesome! Seeing Slash rock the fuck out on Better was a very strange and comepletely amazing thing all at once! Ha. Ill post more complete later.

Please do!!! Can't wait to read about your experience.

1 minute ago, Philipm787 said:

Maybe he held the mic too far away and it got buried in the mix? Clutching at straws here..

no, some sound would have come out if that were the case (Axl has a very loud singing voice). It looks as though he put a lot of effort into that probable scream..either the mic malfunctioned or something else happened..

Edited by sonofnazareth