Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

1 minute ago, SerenityScorp said:

April 8 = Vegas Show = Izzy's Birthday

Surprise Guest : Izzy Stradlin

I really hope this will happens in vegas show later

Would be an awesome compensation for the Vegas crowd. 

For everyone saying Slash was too quiet, the dude has to be, because of his pacemaker:

“When the doctors put the defibrillator in me, it was for maintaining a normal heart rate. For most people this isn’t a problem, but it was for me.

“Once I get up onstage my heart rate sky-rockets. When I took the stage with Michael and got into it, I was suddenly hit in the chest by a shock and my vision flooded with electric blue light.

“This happened about four times during each song, and I had no idea what was going on.

“I thought I had a short-circuit in a guitar cable or a photographer’s flash had popped in my eyes.

“Each time it happened I had to stand there and make it look as if everything was normal. I saw it later on TV and you couldn’t tell, so I guess I pulled it off.

“It was extremely disconcerting until I figured out what was what.”

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/former-guns-n-roses-guitarist-241200

You can imagine that his heart rate could have easily skyrocketed during last nights show if he was not careful!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hpantazo said:

For everyone saying Slash was too quiet, the dude has to be, because of his pacemaker:

“When the doctors put the defibrillator in me, it was for maintaining a normal heart rate. For most people this isn’t a problem, but it was for me.

“Once I get up onstage my heart rate sky-rockets. When I took the stage with Michael and got into it, I was suddenly hit in the chest by a shock and my vision flooded with electric blue light.

“This happened about four times during each song, and I had no idea what was going on.

“I thought I had a short-circuit in a guitar cable or a photographer’s flash had popped in my eyes.

“Each time it happened I had to stand there and make it look as if everything was normal. I saw it later on TV and you couldn’t tell, so I guess I pulled it off.

“It was extremely disconcerting until I figured out what was what.”

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/former-guns-n-roses-guitarist-241200

You can imagine that his heart rate could have easily skyrocketed during last nights show if he was not careful!

I'm thinking that too.... Poor Slash though. If He's have no problem with something like that, He maybe will get into it, smiling N' grinning with Axl. Probably He nervous because He is afraid of the shock in His chest again

Just now, to the moon said:

Whoever is producing this GNR reunion tour has a really good handle on what needs to be done. The fact that it is named the "Not In This Lifetime" tour shows they understand. 

Axl is bringing his A+ game. The higher ups are bringing their A game. When Izzy is ready he will show but even when he's not there the big 3 are enough to drive this baby for a couple of years. Adler will be healed up enough to step in and he will get his glorious day in the sun.

The Chi Dem songs will have a fresh start with Slash playing them. They probably will release some new songs which will make us all cream our pants. Documentary about the show last night/reunion will be made. 

Lastly, old songs/lyrics take on a new meaning. Listening to the band play "Patience" now will be the most spine chilling moment. 

Fuck yes!

Ahhhhhh I really want to listening Chidem with AFD line up!!!!

50 minutes ago, madison said:

Yep that would do it. Lol

Good find.

As for people who claim Axl just brought in Slash and Duff to "replace" band members who had left - and that Slash and Duff wouldn't feel comfy suggesting Axl toss aside the remaining "replacements" - that's ridiculous.

Slash and Duff aren't just "replacements" or Axl's "hired hands." These are the guys who created the music that made GNR the biggest band on the planet. This whole tour - which is being booked in stadiums - is being billed as a "reunion" tour. That's right - a REUNION tour where people will see the real GNR reunite for the first time in 23 years.

So, I just think that if you're going to promote this as a true reunion - then I don't think it should be done halfway or - excuse the expression - half-assed. Go all the way. All the original members are (miraculously) still alive and ALL wanted to be part of this reunion. There's just no excuse for them not to be there.  If you want to add a few of the replacement members to play on some CD songs, fine. But only AFTER the original lineup is in place.

Most diehard fans - who have followed the band from day one - would tell you their wet dream is to see a REAL reunion with the original lineup - possibly with Matt and Steven alternating on drums the way they did at the Rock Hall of Fame.  Frank? No thanks.

I'm hoping last night's show was just a warm-up - and that we will see Izzy, Stevie and perhaps Matt during the tour.

Don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled - ecstatic - to see Axl, Slash and Duff sharing a stage again. It gave me chills just watching those short clips.  But ultimately, I hope it's a  full reunion by the time the band pulls into New York this summer.

It would be nice to see Steven and Izzy back on stage but I think I disagree on calling the reunion half assed.  I'm fine with considering the position of drummer and rythym guitar interchangeable since both were replaced successfully at the height of GNR career and fame, with Axl, Slash and Duff pushing forward and keeping it together for a bunch of massive tours and epic shows and writing much of the bands most important history.

Then when you consider the reasons why Izzy and Duff departed in the first place:  Izzy never having wanted the fortune and fame in the first place and Adler not being able to manage it - it may be best in the long run to keep it that way.   This is arguably the biggest and most significant even in rock of the past several decades and there will surely be a lot of fortune, fame and the itty gritty bits that come along with it.

Ive always had mixed feelings about Matt and would be impartial if he joined up or not, same goes for Gilby. In fact I like Richard more than Gilby since he reminds me of Izzy in both presence and sound so if I can't have Mr Straddlin' himself, I say 4tus 4 the win. 

Dont get get me wrong, to have the complete AFD lineup on stage together would be great, but to do a full scale tour including one man who doesn't really want to be there and another who may be in real danger of death by substance just doesn't seem like the best idea. 

A8R

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

I fail to see this tour "being billed as a "reunion" tour"  Where did anyone say that?

Anybody who doesn't follow this stuff closely  would see something like this and think 'reunion'.

58 minutes ago, madison said:

Slash and Duff aren't just "replacements" or Axl's "hired hands." These are the guys who created the music that made GNR the biggest band on the planet. This whole tour - which is being booked in stadiums - is being billed as a "reunion" tour. That's right - a REUNION tour where people will see the real GNR reunite for the first time in 23 years.

It is a reunion between Axl, Slash and Duff. But it isn't a reunion of a particular lineup and hence not a band reunion. No band is being reunited. What we have now is something entirely new, a mix of old and new. Hopefully it till be cool.

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

It is a reunion between Axl, Slash and Duff. But it isn't a reunion of a particular lineup and hence not a band reunion. No band is being reunited. What we have now is something entirely new, a mix of old and new. Hopefully it till be cool.

Ahhhhh.....OK dude.  Go ahead and downplay it.  I wanna party with you! 

8 minutes ago, Original said:

Ahhhhh.....OK dude.  Go ahead and downplay it.  I wanna party with you! 

I would say it is those that use the word "reunion" who are overplaying it. At least it isn't a reunion in the normal sense of the word where a lineup is reformed. But this is just semantics, and I understand why it is important to many that what we have now is a reunited lineup and not a hybrid lineup of old and new. I get the psychology.

42 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

I'm thinking that too.... Poor Slash though. If He's have no problem with something like that, He maybe will get into it, smiling N' grinning with Axl. Probably He nervous because He is afraid of the shock in His chest again

there is a (legal) drug, (politicians are using it all the time) it flattens your heart rate. sometimes you can even notice, if you follow debates for example, some of them appear a little bit too calm and slightly in slow motion.

perhaps he took that just to make sure. the side effect is that you may appear slightly tranquilized. whatever it is (or not) - did not affect his performances one bit, judging from these short clips he nailed it down to perfection.
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Saw an interview with slash recently where he said he got it taken out. I'll have to look that up again to find out

1 hour ago, SmackMaster511 said:

Didn't Axl blow up on Madison over her calling bullshit on the "no top hats or pictures of Slash" requirement at shows? What happened with all that?

I hear axl had security remove a guy wearing a Chris Pitman shirt.

• Like 1