Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

3 minutes ago, Philipm787 said:

That's what I keep saying! The venues are fucking massive haha. I can't imagine what kind of stage design they're gonna have.... it's new territory for the band for sure. Stadium shows now are a lot different than 25 years ago.  

Most of these stadiums are fucking domes! 85k-125k max capacity stadiums. I mean in Latin America they could easily sell out  stadiums that big with this line up... But can they do this in the United States in 2016? is the question. Let's hope Axl, Slash, Duff and the rest of them and management know what they're getting themselves into here.

2 minutes ago, madison said:

I think he was making a joke by suggesting that if he hadn't stepped in, then Frank wouldn't have been admitted to the venue - and they could have gotten Matt to play drums. 

Well if that was a joke, then I'd agree...but his post says nothing about Matt and seems to be a matter of fact account that I can actually see happening.  

Not sure what Matt has to do with any of it, other than he was coincidentally across the street.  But, they aren't gonna just walk over and be like "Matt dude, Frank just got arrested, can you come do us a solid and fill in".  

If he'd had said, "Yah, I told the cop it was actually Frank and saved them from having to get Matt to bail their ass out", then I'd see the joke.  But, he didn't.  At any rate, we just interpret it differntly obviously.  

2 minutes ago, thirdeyeuss400 said:

Most of these stadiums are fucking domes! 85k-125k max capacity stadiums. I mean in Latin America they could easily sell out  stadiums that big with this line up... But can they do this in the United States in 2016? is the question. Let's hope Axl, Slash, Duff and the rest of them and management know what they're getting themselves into here.

Do you rally think LiveNation just sat back and said, "Hey, let's manage and promote this tour...hopefully GnR can pull it off"?

The answer is no......they clearly know what they are getting into based solely on the fairly massively marketing and promotion campaign going on.   

3 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Do you rally think LiveNation just sat back and said, "Hey, let's manage and promote this tour...hopefully GnR can pull it off"?

The answer is no......they clearly know what they are getting into based solely on the fairly massively marketing and promotion campaign going on.   

Exactly.  G N' R are mainstream again in the U.S.  You can't turn on a rock or classic rock station anywhere in the U.S. without hearing one of their songs, a radio spot or them being mentioned within minutes...maybe an hour, tops.

This is the tour of the summer, the place to be.  It's a very similar feeling as 1991 when they launched the Illusions tour in the U.S.  It's uncanny. 

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Exactly.  G N' R are mainstream again in the U.S.  You can't turn on a rock or classic rock station anywhere in the U.S. without hearing one of their songs, a radio spot or them being mentioned within minutes...maybe an hour tops.

This is the tour of the summer, the place to be.  It's a very similar feeling as 1991 when they launched the Illusions tour in the U.S.  It's uncanny. 

Wish I could hear the U.S radio

Just now, shjtjustgotreal said:

Sounds believable doesn't it?

I don't know man... It just sounds too raspy for what we've seen so far from other videos. But acording to the reviews from people that were there, Axl sounded almost like 2010. IDK what to believe haha

2 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

So... Do we know if this is true or not?

I think someone said that Slash used a bit his talkbox before the slide solo, so if he's right this video must be a fake

5 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Exactly.  G N' R are mainstream again in the U.S.  You can't turn on a rock or classic rock station anywhere in the U.S. without hearing one of their songs, a radio spot or them being mentioned within minutes...maybe an hour tops.

Very true! This tour will also introduce them to a whole new generation of fans I bet. I just checked itunes and their greatest hits CD is currently #25. The hype seems to be paying off and it's only just begun.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, born2boogie said:

Very true! This tour will also introduce them to a whole new generation of fans I bet. I just checked itunes and their greatest hits CD is currently #25. The hype seems to be paying off and it's only just begun.

After couple of Shows N' Tour.... AFD #1, UYI 1 & 2 #2 #3, greatest Hits #4...... :headbang: 

Edited by SerenityScorp
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Smoofy said:

I think someone said that Slash used a bit his talkbox before the slide solo, so if he's right this video must be a fake

This. And also the reviewer said Slash did the slide and that recording has Richard playing it. 

I asked about the recording on YouTube and the guy said his friend sent to him. Either he or his friend lied. 

45 minutes ago, Kapitch_77 said:

4. Ron's tone is awful

5. Pitman's back vocals are terrible

6. No need for 3 guitars

7. the giants screens are cheezy and distracting

8. nugnr were always a big joke

Number 8 is just false. It's funny that people think the new band is some piece of crap, but then assume that without it, Axl would've been perfectly fine to reunite with older band members if he hadn't been active since 1997. Come on.

People make fun of Axl now? Imagine what he would've been like without any kind of activity for almost 20 years. I would imagine it would be less pretty than this.

53 minutes ago, Kapitch_77 said:

4. Ron's tone is awful

5. Pitman's back vocals are terrible

6. No need for 3 guitars

7. the giants screens are cheezy and distracting

8. nugnr were always a big joke

Lol... 

You do realize this is a stadium Tour right??? You do realize there are going to be SEVERAL big screens at these venues 

3 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

Not a big fan of Frank, but he fucking rocks on that clip. 

Aside from the little flub in the intro I can't fault anything about Frank's playing in that clip. He hits the drums hard and looks totally into it.

48 minutes ago, Original said:

Was there any merchandise at the Troub?

Yes.  The same shirts they had at Tower Records and a poster they didn't have there.  Also the same hoodie.

Edited by jnine