As a new fan, I second the need to release the UYI doc footage! I really wish they would make a proper documentary a la The Beatles Anthology (obviously much shorter and in a style that is very "them").

But yeah, they need a documentary where all of the band participates in telling their story with a few other 'key' people (I think the only other people allowed to talk in the Beatles Anthology were Sir George Martin, Neil Aspinall and maybe one or two other dudes?)...and not just the salacious stuff, but stuff about the writing/recording process etc. I think that stuff is really interesting.

• Like 1

God, I hope we get it. With a halfway decent edit of all that footage, you could eclipse Spinal Tap in sheer awesomeness!

I also wouldn't be surprised to see some kind of authorized biography, somewhere down the road. Del was ready to release the band's own book "Shattered Illusions," before the break-up. Maybe the original manuscript of that could be collaborated with contemporary perspective and lots of intimate talk from the band about the reunification.

Think how awesome a GN'R version of "The Dirt," would be? 

I´m not very excited about the upcoming reunion-gigs, cause I believe there will be no chemistry between them anymore and its just happening to make some money.

But if they release some of the old stuff from the vaults, espcecially the UYI-Film-Crew material, to promote the new tour, that would be f****g  awesome !!!

Would be great to see at least one concert from every year 91-93 + a lot of backstage and around the tour material.

22 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Uh, isn't this just the Robert John photo book documentary that everybody's already seen?

The "holy grail" would be even better than this, although John's doco is very good too. 

The documentary is only 50 minutes.  It sounded like he did a DVD transfer in case anything happened to the videotapes. I don't know if he was the one doing a documentary on the tour, but he'd be the one the band trusted. 

It's probably some of this but I have no idea. 

6 hours ago, Xedos said:

I´m not very excited about the upcoming reunion-gigs, cause I believe there will be no chemistry between them anymore and its just happening to make some money.

But if they release some of the old stuff from the vaults, espcecially the UYI-Film-Crew material, to promote the new tour, that would be f****g  awesome !!!

Would be great to see at least one concert from every year 91-93 + a lot of backstage and around the tour material.

When a reunion drags out or a band does a "farewell tour" that seems to be when bands go through the motions and there's little chemistry. I was surprised GNR even decided to tour because 5 festivals a year and a couple of arena shows and big money corporate gigs would have paid out very nicely. I'm sure Fernando's getting requests for them to play private parties for 3-5 million dollars, maybe more. Slash and Duff already just show up and play at small fundraisers so it's a matter of Axl wanting to do it as far as charity gigs go. They have a lot of great options they can go with.