97.9 Loop says they are giving away FREE Tickets this weekend for Guns N' Roses Chicago show

Stations let you win tickets before you can buy them. If they are giving them away this weekend, I'd assume the on sale date is next weekend (April 9th) but the fan club pre sale /venue pre sale/season ticket holder pre sale/credit card pre sale would be during the week beginning Monday April 4th.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Subtle Signs said:

Stations let you win tickets before you can buy them. If they are giving them away this weekend, I'd assume the on sale date is next weekend (April 9th) but the fan club pre sale /venue pre sale/season ticket holder pre sale/credit card pre sale would be during the week beginning Monday April 4th.

April 9th is my biggest fear...

2 minutes ago, James Bond said:

The 8th (Friday) is more likely for the general on-sale I would imagine. You'd also have plenty of pre-sale opportunities during the week ahead of the 8th.

TM on general on sakes are generally Saturday mornings...again generally.  There are a lot of exceptions 

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

TM on general on sakes are generally Saturday mornings...again generally.  There are a lot of exceptions 

True, but there are enough exceptions to that rule that I don't think they'll try to screw the people who are doing Saturday's Vegas show. Nevertheless, if it does happen to be the Saturday sale we'll have plenty of pre-sales during the week anyways.

anyone think they might give the fans in the venue for the 8th and 9th shows a special code to get tickets ahead of everyone/the same time as nightrain members? i feel like that sort of thing has been done before. they have to know people are traveling all over the world for these shows, meaning they would travel again for more shows, so why not grant the die hards access to tickets earlier? 

With a lot of bands they will give the fan club a chance to purchase day or two before the other presales start. Then they usually do american express or citi cards and local presales.So with these being in stadiums everyone should be able to get a ticket. Guess it just depends how many they allocate to each presale. 

Edited by Tourettes2400

You misheard. The Loop said they were giving away free tickets to the FIRST Guns N' Roses show on their tour (after these initial six dates). Unless the Chicago show is the first. But they didn't specify, only saying that wherever it is, whether it's St. Louis or Detroit, the winner will receive those tickets.

This doesn't mean an impending tour announcement is on its way at all, although judging by the revamped official GNR site, they've gotta be close to an announcement.

1 minute ago, GnR Chris said:

You misheard. The Loop said they were giving away free tickets to the FIRST Guns N' Roses show on their tour (after these initial six dates). Unless the Chicago show is the first. But they didn't specify, only saying that wherever it is, whether it's St. Louis or Detroit, the winner will receive those tickets.

This doesn't mean an impending tour announcement is on its way at all, although judging by the revamped official GNR site, they've gotta be close to an announcement.

Actually it does mean an announcement is pending bc on Facebook the loop said they had to wait for band to announce first.

4 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

I am sure an announcement is coming very soon on dates.

But Loop could be saying they're waiting for the band meaning they have no idea where the first show will be. 

Gotcha!  I didn't hear that was said on air...just on their Facebook page.