Portland Neighborhood Divided Over ‘British Colonial’ Restaurant

Amir

1 minute ago, Jumpin' Jack Flash said:

It would not have been a synecdoche, but it would have articulated your point much more effectively because there would have been no doubt that you were referring to my peers and not to me. Does that make sense? Be honest.

Then why do you keep insisting that I don't know how to use a synecdoche if my use of said synecdoche is what is causing you such consternation? You may feel that it would have made more sense to have used "they" in both cases, and that is fair, but what is not fair is to try and insist that my intended meaning was different to my stated meaning. Like I said, if you had simply asked me to clarify, because you were unsure, then I would have done so. Instead, you decided to take a different approach. In short, if you don't like the fact that I used a synecdoche because you found it confusing then say so, but don't keep parroting that a synecdoche is incorrect because it confused you.

On that note I am going to hit the sack. After that I'm going to bed.

1 minute ago, PappyTron said:

Then why do you keep insisting that I don't know how to use a synecdoche if my use of said synecdoche is what is causing you such consternation? You may feel that it would have made more sense to have used "they" in both cases, and that is fair, but what is not fair is to try and insist that my intended meaning was different to my stated meaning. Like I said, if you had simply asked me to clarify, because you were unsure, then I would have done so. Instead, you decided to take a different approach. In short, if you don't like the fact that I used a synecdoche because you found it confusing then say so, but don't keep parroting that a synecdoche is incorrect because it confused you.

On that note I am going to hit the sack. After that I'm going to bed.

Where have I said it was incorrect? Lmao 

14 minutes ago, Jumpin' Jack Flash said:

Where have I said it was incorrect? Lmao 

It was used in a film entitled Tombstone. What I don't understand is why you don't know how to use synecdoches properly.

Do I need to explain to you the linguistic relationship between "incorrect" and "improper"? Do your college professors offer as much latitude on your lack of fundamental understanding of the language in which they teach as I have? The above quote of yours is not the only one, either; you actually used the word "incorrect" for my use of synecdoche in the post of yours that was deleted, yet here you are, still mewling like a whelp.