Troubadour Show - 1st April 2016 - Review Thread

"Her name is Melissa Reese, a musician and model, who wore glittery kicks and bounced around behind the keys like a raver (she also has greenish hair), while experimenting with various sound effects." 

Now that is Rock N Roll..

1 hour ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

From the reviews, it seems like everyone had a great time, including the band themselves. I just hope it lasts. I have the feeling Axl is going to try REALLY hard to keep slash happy.

Needs to show up earlier. Midnight start is rough for normal 50 year olds. Axl is a night owl though and always will be.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Needs to show up earlier. Midnight start is rough for normal 50 year olds. Axl is a night owl though and always will be.

I don't think he'll be showing up around midnight for the stadium shows. I'm guessing around 10.

Sounds like Slash was very reserved out of all of them though. It'll be okay. 

8 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

I don't think he'll be showing up around midnight for the stadium shows. I'm guessing around 10.

Sounds like Slash was very reserved out of all of them though. It'll be okay. 

I think Slash was very very nervous. Shy dude. No matter how much of a legend you are, 23 freaking years is a long time.

Throw in the later start and he was probably a bit tired. Probably his #1 focus was just don't butcher his guitar parts. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

I think Slash was very very nervous. Shy dude. No matter how much of a legend you are, 23 freaking years is a long time.

Throw in the later start and he was probably a bit tired. Probably his #1 focus was just don't butcher his guitar parts. 

Seems pretty likely! This gig would have been as much of a big deal to him as it was to any of us, and then the rest!

EDIT: And another review is in....

Leah Cevoli, the woman who was on Periscope all the way through sleeping in line outside Tower Records, through getting her wristband & making it to the Troubadour show has posted a new Periscope video of her experience at the show; https://www.periscope.tv/Leah_Cevoli/1kvJpBnAbgbKE

Edited by Ulnar
Additional info
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Someone said Axl and Slash hugged at the end of the night, which is a good sign. 

The fact that Axl seemed to be in such good spirits is also a good sign. If he is genuinely happy, he is probably much easier to deal with. 

Axl seems to be in great spirits. The self-deprecating humor in the tour name, similar humor comparing himself to Donald Trump, etc. 

2 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Axl seems to be in great spirits. The self-deprecating humor in the tour name, similar humor comparing himself to Donald Trump, etc. 

Yeah from what I heard there was good vibes. The chemistry will probably improve as the tour moves along and they get more used to each other after 23 years. Looking forward to it!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

In every clip I've seen so far, he seems completely focused and zoned in.  It was very apparent he knew this was an historic night. Awesome to see.

7 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Congrats on being there!

Can you confirm the setlist:

01. It's So Easy
02. Mr. Brownstone
03. Welcome to the Jungle
04. Double Talkin Jive
05. Live and Let Die (unconfirmed)
06. Chinese Democracy
07. Rocket Queen
08. You Could Be Mine
Godfather theme
09. Sweet Child O' Mine
10. New Rose (unconfirmed)
11. Better
12. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
13. My Michelle
14. Nightrain
15. The Seeker (unconfirmed)
16. Paradise City

Not sure if the order is exact but that setlist is correct. New Rose, The Seeker and LALD were all played. I will post my review later when i get home. Still processing the whole night! It was incredible.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, McCoyGNR said:

I was there also and will post a review tomorrow. Bottom line is that this performance shattered anything I heard in my 17 shows attended since 2006. 

SPOILER ALERT:  I confirm that Coma was played during soundcheck. 

Looking forward to your review. If they bust of Coma in Vegas, I'll be quite the happy man.