Troubadour Show - 1st April 2016 - Review Thread

2 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

If you're over the age of 8 and you still feel betrayed by things popstars do i think it's reasonable to assume that there's something profoundly wrong with your life.  Honestly, it's like all the little girls crying when Take That broke up, fuckin' get over it :lol:

True. Axl could never betray me :wub:

:lol:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lio said:

True. Axl could never betray me :wub:

:lol:

Mark Owen could never betray me :lol: (it's disgraceful that i remember their names at 32, Mark Owen, Robbie Williams, Gary Barlow and Jason Orange :lol:)  Not my fault, the girls on the fuckin' school bus wouldn't SHUT THE FUCK UP about em! :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have to say that this give me goosbumps,

and I - as you lot know - am a cynical bastard so this is heady praise indeed. Axl looks a new man from how he was 2011-14.

This!

I've seen "Axl and Band" twice the last couple of years. And both concerts were really great, and I enjoyed them. What I want to say is, that I tought Axl is doing ok. I was never the "I want a reunion"-type-of-guy...

BUT actually seeing Axl with Slash and Duff together again is somewhat surreal and overwhelming at the same time. And man, Axl is seemingly in a damn fuckin' great place... Great for him, for the Band and of course for us!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have to say that this give me goosbumps,

and I - as you lot know - am a cynical bastard so this is heady praise indeed. Axl looks a new man from how he was 2011-14.

Frank owns that intro to ISE, in my opinion

I saw NuGNR once during the CD tour (06 I believe) and everything was fine - the show was played great, Axl was before time, he sang very well, all fine except one thing - Axl was not Axl. None of the passion, dedication, enjoyment or happiness was there. This was not the guy I remebered form back in the day. It was a good professional who did his job, took the money and left. I found the whole experience very sad and did not attend any more shows, especially that there was no new music, so what for?

Now the old Axl is back and I love it. I see the mimics, the face expressions and smiles of the 90-s. There's a 100 times more of those in this 9 minutes than there was in the last 23 years. Can't wait for Vegas and finally a recording of an entire show!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

Y'know what, I was wrong.  From what little can be gleaned from a short clip, i was wrong about my consistent assertion that they should never get back together cuz musicians kind of move apart and chemistry fades and dies, in my defence it probably does with many but that actually sounded like that band that I spent a most of my 20s on here ranting about how they were the dogs bollocks.  I think the club setting has a lot to do with it also but this is it, this is that thing that I've been talking about. 

Y'know what'd be fuckin' amazing?  A tour full of these, just randomly fuckin' pop up in a different club in a different place all across the world, a tour of suprise gigs if you like.  Dunno why but i think they'll suffer on the larger stage, i hope not for the simple sake of the fans paying all that fuckin' money to go see em but, yeah, that did sound alright, i must say.  Better than alright, good.

What i wanna know is, where all those cunts that was slagging off Slash all them years they were suckin' on NuGnR, where are ya eh, where are ya? :lol:  Nice to see em getting on too.  For all the chat and bad blood that went on you can see ginger bollocks missed it too, bless him.  Same for the rest of em really.  Tell ya what though, get Izzy in on that and you got a fuckin' blinder there. 

I've been waiting for your thoughts on this. They actually look and sound like Guns n Roses again. We all started out as fans of that band (well most of us anyways), but we lost our way. All the drama, all the bs made us (the fans) forget why we are here in the first place. Its really nice to get that little reminder, oh ya, these guys were fucking legends together. Sure we miss Adler and Izzy, hopefully they show up at some point. But right now, we have the best version of Guns n Roses since 1993. That's pretty fucking awesome if you ask me.

On 4/2/2016 at 8:04 PM, Ulnar said:

Update: The booker of the Troubadour reports that there were around 500 people at the show, not 250 as we originally reported. Also, during "Mr. Brownstone," Axl Rose lost his footing and tumbled to the floor. We've received a report that Axl left the Troubadour immediately following the set and may have injured his foot. There's no update on the severity of his injury. 

11 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

If he injured his foot during Brownstone then he either powered through the rest of the show like a champ or it wasn't that severe because he seemed fine the rest of the show.

I wouldn't give any credence to that report at all...

first off it doesn't surprise axl got out as soon as it was over.

Moreover the guy says it was reported there were only 250 people there...no one ever said that.

there were only 250 tix given to the general public...or sold at Tower records.  That's confirmed by people that were there.  The remaining 250 attendees were "VIPs", filling the place to its 500 capacity.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

Mark Owen could never betray me :lol: (it's disgraceful that i remember their names at 32, Mark Owen, Robbie Williams, Gary Barlow and Jason Orange :lol:)  Not my fault, the girls on the fuckin' school bus wouldn't SHUT THE FUCK UP about em! :lol:

How could you forget Howard Donald :lol: call yourself a fan? You were probably more of an E 17 man weren't you. A bit of rough. Right up your alley. You could take Gary Barlow home to meet your mum but if you took them cockney scrag ends home they'd just try and shag her and nick stuff.

Where am I going with this. I have no fucking idea :lol:

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

How could you forget Howard Donald :lol: call yourself a fan? You were probably more of an E 17 man weren't you. A bit of rough. Right up your alley. You could take Gary Barlow home to meet your mum but if you took them cockney scrag ends home they'd just try and shag her and nick stuff.

Where am I going with this. I have no fucking idea :lol:

More like how could anyone remember Howard Donald :lol:. East 17 were rudies mate!  'Nuffink wrong with exstacy, i do it all the time, its why i've got this orange puffa jacket!' :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

40 minutes ago, Bobby Salsa said:

Hey everyone,  

This is kind of random to slide in to this discussion for a very first post but I was at the Troubadour show and wrote up a recap of the whole day. A buddy suggested it would be worth sharing here. 

You can check it out if you like: http://unicornbattleground.com/post/142213392798/guns-n-roses-troubadour

Happy to answer any questions about the show too. It was incredible to say the least. I don't recall Axl ever hitting the deck so I'd be highly skeptical about the report that he injured his foot. 

Sir, I have no questions, just wanted to say that was a great read...brilliant.

Thank you for posting and sharing your experience.

1 hour ago, Bobby Salsa said:

Hey everyone,  

This is kind of random to slide in to this discussion for a very first post but I was at the Troubadour show and wrote up a recap of the whole day. A buddy suggested it would be worth sharing here. 

You can check it out if you like: http://unicornbattleground.com/post/142213392798/guns-n-roses-troubadour

Happy to answer any questions about the show too. It was incredible to say the least. I don't recall Axl ever hitting the deck so I'd be highly skeptical about the report that he injured his foot. 

Fantastic review. Thanks for posting.

Hey everyone,  

You made me cry ?

Hey everyone,  

Very cool write up. Thanks for sharing that!

2 hours ago, Bobby Salsa said:

Hey everyone,  

Thanks for sharing, this was amazing. I can't wait for this weekend to get some more footage of the boys, but I'm glad they kept the cameras out of the Troub so you guys could get that once in a lifetime experience uninterrupted.

Is that your pick in the picture at the end? Was that a souvenir purchase or a pick someone used during the show?

10 minutes ago, axlslash said:

Thanks for sharing, this was amazing. I can't wait for this weekend to get some more footage of the boys, but I'm glad they kept the cameras out of the Troub so you guys could get that once in a lifetime experience uninterrupted.

Is that your pick in the picture at the end? Was that a souvenir purchase or a pick someone used during the show?

The no cameras policy such a good idea. 

I found the pick on the floor during the show. I don't was using it but they were getting tossed from the stage all night. Based on what I saw on Instagram there were a few different versions used. 

I was in front of Tower Records by 9:30 after dropping my son at the school. Too late! The cops let us know there were no more tickets anymore. Late at night I went to the Troubadour with my wife to check the atmosphere and who knows maybe have some luck. Beta Lebeis passed by us with her kids, and since my wife and I are from Brazil I  quickly understood them talking Portuguese. I didn't want to ask for anything. It was just surreal to see all that happening in front of us... Still can't believe we were so close. Saw Mike Clink, Del James and a couple of other around was kinda cool as well.