Night Train and ticket sales

I feel like they have to have some GA Pit seats trickle out for the other presale and general sales. I bought the membership but feel like I'm just as likely to get a great field level or pit seat Friday at 10am as I was yesterday. I'll try a couple times per day but won't get my hopes up. I don't see why, if there are no GA Pit tickets not tied to VIP, TM has them as a $250 (obviously not VIP) option

Sorry for being a little offtopic here, but I have a general question about the Tickets. 

I live in Germany and I'm thinking about going to the San Francisco Show as kind of an awesome Summer vacation.

I just wanted to check prices or generally check the layout of the Ticketmaster Homepage in advance so I won't have any difficulties when the general public onsale starts.

Now this is my question (probably I just didn't get something right) : Whenever I click on "Nightrain Membership (45$)" and search for tickets, the Captcha pops up and afterwards I only get this screen:

Can someone please explain this to me, or tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks guys, I love this forum :D Plus this will be my first trip to the US of A ever... pretty excited!

Bildschirmfoto 2016-04-03 um 16.02.28.png

I got what I was looking for with the pre-sale.  First try had 22nd row, floor, right side of stage. 

I let those go back and then landed section F3 (Citrus Bowl Orlando) which is center stage, 11th row on the floor.  Great seats for a stadium show, imo.  I'm pumped. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rocco said:

Sorry for being a little offtopic here, but I have a general question about the Tickets. 

I live in Germany and I'm thinking about going to the San Francisco Show as kind of an awesome Summer vacation.

I just wanted to check prices or generally check the layout of the Ticketmaster Homepage in advance so I won't have any difficulties when the general public onsale starts.

Now this is my question (probably I just didn't get something right) : Whenever I click on "Nightrain Membership (45$)" and search for tickets, the Captcha pops up and afterwards I only get this screen:

Can someone please explain this to me, or tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks guys, I love this forum :D Plus this will be my first trip to the US of A ever... pretty excited!

A lot of people outside the US were getting this. Try a different browser or incognito mode. 

15 minutes ago, billsguy said:

A lot of people outside the US were getting this. Try a different browser or incognito mode. 

Well... fuck. I better find a way to get this to work. Thanks for the information!

On a side note, anyone notice the huge gaps in the back corners in most of the stadium configurations?  All that space must be for sound equipment/cameras I'm guessing? Just seems like a ton of space.

Edited by Kasanova King

Im assuming hopefully that thr TM prices are much cheaper than stub hubs? Jus on stub n ranged from 150 (upper bowl) to like well over 600bux (GA pit)... A bit overkill i would think.  Btw this is for Toronto's show

24 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I got what I was looking for with the pre-sale.  First try had 22nd row, floor, right side of stage. 

I let those go back and then landed section F3 (Citrus Bowl Orlando) which is center stage, 11th row on the floor.  Great seats for a stadium show, imo.  I'm pumped. 

We grabbed f3 11 as well. Very exciting

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ceres said:

I found a way around the 2 ticket limit.  The 'Welcome to the Jungle VIP package' will allow you to buy 3.  Hahaha.  

True, and it should definitely help speed up my divorce as well. Nice side benefit. 

• Like 2

On 4/2/2016 at 7:52 AM, born2boogie said:

About to buy my Chicago tickets!! I agree with lhalver, in my experience the app often gives you better seat options too. Good Luck everyone!

is there a consensus on whether to use browser on phone incognito mode, or ticketmaster app on phone?

1 hour ago, rocco said:

Well... fuck. I better find a way to get this to work. Thanks for the information!

I'm in the UK and tried for 3 hours yesterday on phones and laptops and kept getting the same message. I tried to download the Ticketmaster app (USA) and got the message "This item is not available in your country" we have to use Ticketmaster UK which of course has no Guns n Roses events. I wish you good luck, I ended up with nothing.

15 hours ago, Original said:

That's the thing- a stadium really messes things up (LOL) for me and my seating preference.  I'm not jugging anyone on their seats, you will be dead center and have a great jumbo view I'm guessing.  Me- I gotta be closer, but that's just me.  I changed Vegas seats a few times....I finally have what meets my standards (LOL).  For arena's I have different standards....I sound like a chick- all high maintenance LOL.  I also scored Soldier Field section B, row 1- which for now I'll keep.  Gonna try to make a pit move at some point since it's a stadium. 

I went with the Welcome to the Jungle package instead and got second row seats right behind the pit on the left side of the stage. This will be my first and likely last chance to see Guns in my life time and I want to make sure it's a great experience. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nintari said:

I went with the Welcome to the Jungle package instead and got second row seats right behind the pit on the left side of the stage. This will be my first and likely last chance to see Guns in my life time and I want to make sure it's a great experience. 

Awesome.   Yeah- I'd sit(stand) there all day long.   Nice seat! 

2 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Same here. I got exactly what I wanted. Pricing wise, I wanted to be in the $150 range, so I was able to pull up awesome lower bowl seats that are 2 sections from the stage. That'll work out great for me!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NTONIUS said:

Im assuming hopefully that thr TM prices are much cheaper than stub hubs? Jus on stub n ranged from 150 (upper bowl) to like well over 600bux (GA pit)... A bit overkill i would think.  Btw this is for Toronto's show

StubHub is resale so yes, Ticketmaster is cheaper.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rocco said:

I'm also outside the US and I faced the exact same issue. What worked for me was using the mobile version of the website: m.ticketmaster.com on my phone.

The app is also an option but you need a US iTunes account. It's easy to set up. I was able to download and open the app once I got that, but it wouldn't open any events though. Not sure if this is because I'm using a phone outside the US..

Edited by GunsDK

2 minutes ago, GunsDK said:

I'm also outside the US and I faced the exact same issue. What worked for me was using the mobile version of the website: m.ticketmaster.com on my phone.

The app is also an option but you need a US iTunes account. It's easy to set up. I was able to download and open the app once I got that, but it wouldn't open any events though. Not sure if this is because I'm using a phone outside the US..

I'm in the UK and I tried to download the Ticketmaster app (USA) and got the message "This item is not available in your country" didn't know you had to have a US iTunes account to make it work.

2 minutes ago, axlsend said:

I'm in the UK and I tried to download the Ticketmaster app (USA) and got the message "This item is not available in your country" didn't know you had to have a US iTunes account to make it work.

Yup, once you have a US iTunes account you can download stuff from the US version of the app store.

Here is a guide to setting up a US iTunes account: http://technologyfueled.com/ipad-tricks/2014/2/26/how-to-create-a-us-itunes-account-without-a-credit-card

Ticketmaster sucks....everytime I want to buy tickets the please wait animation loads and loads and loads and nothing ever happens.

Also I have to say, I am very happy to live in Europe if I see this ridiculous setup with 200 different ticket categories and VIP and not so VIP and everything in between packages. I feel ripped off already.....

I have been to hundreds of shows in Europe and the most they had were 4-5 different categories. And usually for the floor they only have 2 categories (front of stage and the rest; many bands like AC/DC only have 1 GA category and if you are early at the venue you can get front of stage).

Do I understand this correctly that most venues have seating on the floor (checked San Fran and Chicago)? How weird is that for a hard rock stadium concert? How does this work practically? Are all these sections on the floor in "little cages" so nobody walks up front? 

18 minutes ago, God of Thunder said:

Ticketmaster sucks....everytime I want to buy tickets the please wait animation loads and loads and loads and nothing ever happens.

Also I have to say, I am very happy to live in Europe if I see this ridiculous setup with 200 different ticket categories and VIP and not so VIP and everything in between packages. I feel ripped off already.....

I have been to hundreds of shows in Europe and the most they had were 4-5 different categories. And usually for the floor they only have 2 categories (front of stage and the rest; many bands like AC/DC only have 1 GA category and if you are early at the venue you can get front of stage).

Do I understand this correctly that most venues have seating on the floor (checked San Fran and Chicago)? How weird is that for a hard rock stadium concert? How does this work practically? Are all these sections on the floor in "little cages" so nobody walks up front? 

No telling how this will actually work, but what I have seen is each section is fenced off from the other with those slightly higher than waist high metal fences.  Rows of seats are set up in each section and typically people stay in their row and things go as smooth as they can.

I have been to shows where the entire floor is one big pit and it can become chaos.  I haven't seen that in year so I'm guess insurance/safety has taken over and they have to police this and set it up much better.

I want no parts of a pit or an entire GA floor at my age.  I'm very happy with my club seats.  Very happy.