Night Train and ticket sales

The Citi presale was 1000000000000% better than Nightrain.

Not sure if this a bad sign for how Chicago is selling, but I snagged two tickets in A6 (row 7) and two GA pit tickets. I'm gonna sell one of them depending on if my friend wants to sit or pit. I kinda feel like the pit might be a little too intense for me since i'm like, a very petite woman. What do you guys think??

I literally can not believe how many good seats were available through Citi, it was like being a kid in a candy store compare to what I experienced with Nightrain.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, axlrosefan4life said:

citi presale had nashville ga tickets but you had to use a citi credit card to check out.... fuck

Fuck a duck... Instead of renewing at Nighttrain, I'm just gonna have to get a Citi card for next time....

Sounds like the tickets are better!

There are pit seats for chicago on stub hub too for much less than the vegas prices. I think if you want the pit, you're going to be okay. 

17 minutes ago, Axl_Fetish said:

I don't know if this will help anyone - but I was sent a Citi presale code... 546616.

Not sure if you need to pay with a Citi card?

You do need the card to purchase the tickets. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, born2boogie said:

The Citi presale was 1000000000000% better than Nightrain.

Not sure if this a bad sign for how Chicago is selling, but I snagged two tickets in A6 (row 7) and two GA pit tickets. I'm gonna sell one of them depending on if my friend wants to sit or pit. I kinda feel like the pit might be a little too intense for me since i'm like, a very petite woman. What do you guys think??

I literally can not believe how many good seats were available through Citi, it was like being a kid in a candy store compare to what I experienced with Nightrain.

What's your goal?  Up front might be rough, but doable. Hanging back a bit you'll be fine for sure. 

• Like 1

Metlife: Have tix in 116 from Nighttrain. Pulled 115C last row for $155 plus fees, but I'd rather be lower than a section closer.  Pulled 135 row 5, so basically the same as 116.  I also pulled the next section over (137) and those were $285 plus fees, so at least I more or less got my answer on how far forward the $155 tix in the 100s reach - 135 and 116 and maybe the higher/last few rows in 137 and 115 A/C.  

• Like 1

I really wish there were some transparency in the way this whole thing is going to work. I feel so anxious because I want to wait until Friday in the hopes that pit tickets will be released after the 4 people that buy the WTTJ VIP packages do so.  I'm pulling decent seats with the citi presale F3 Row 35, but want to wait it out.  If I end up in a bowl because I'm hoping to get pit, I will not be happy. Wonder if there are any ticket brokers around who could get some, and how much a pro agency would upcharge vs Stubhub.

I am utterly annoyed by this ticketmaster bullshit, so much right now that I am close to cancelling my travel plans....How hard can it be to buy tickets online? apparently very hard....

It is not that the nighttrain members get a discount or anything, why the hell do I always get the message that no tickets are available?!? There can`t be millions of nighttrain members, so why don`t they just open all the categories for us?

1 minute ago, God of Thunder said:

I am utterly annoyed by this ticketmaster bullshit, so much right now that I am close to cancelling my travel plans....How hard can it be to buy tickets online? apparently very hard....

It is not that the nighttrain members get a discount or anything, why the hell do I always get the message that no tickets are available?!? There can`t be millions of nighttrain members, so why don`t they just open all the categories for us?

dude nightrain presale was saturday citi presale is today- most of the nightrain tix were gone in a few hours. and as far as the discount axs nightrain presale was a discount when regular tix went onsale they were $100 more for the regular sale.

ticket master is a bullshit hassle i agree but you're a couple days late to the party

2 minutes ago, PITBOSS said:

dude nightrain presale was saturday citi presale is today- most of the nightrain tix were gone in a few hours. and as far as the discount axs nightrain presale was a discount when regular tix went onsale they were $100 more for the regular sale.

ticket master is a bullshit hassle i agree but you're a couple days late to the party

I couldn`t buy any tickets on the weekend either because the ticketmaster website was just loading forever when I wanted to buy a ticket...Also it says that the presale is going until the 8th. It seems very hard to believe that all tickets have been bought by nighttrain members, except they only limited them to a few per show ....But then I don`t really see the point of a presale as opposed to a general sale.

21 hours ago, GunsDK said:

I'm also outside the US and I faced the exact same issue. What worked for me was using the mobile version of the website: m.ticketmaster.com on my phone.

The app is also an option but you need a US iTunes account. It's easy to set up. I was able to download and open the app once I got that, but it wouldn't open any events though. Not sure if this is because I'm using a phone outside the US..

God lately ticketmaster.com has been doing this for a lot of shows.

I tried to get Korn and Rob Zombie tickets and this kept showing up. I waited a bit and then I was able to select my tickets from the map, but then another box would show up saying OOPS! some other fan got your tickets.

Then when I checked those tickets again, they were priced at over $1000. This re-sale shit sucks. so called fans get the tickets you select and then charge triple what the price of the tickets are.

I don't like this new thing. It's making the real fans feel like suckers and then you have to settle for other tickets/seats.

I have to wait until the official sale on Friday because I need to get 3 tickets. I wish the Nightrain fan club would have let you purchase more than 2 tickets.

The Nightrain pre sale for the Mexico city-show done by ticketsmaster ran so much smoother then this one. No problems trying to put an order in from Europe for Mexico. This USA pre-sale it was hopeless getting an order through.

3 minutes ago, Ender04 said:

The Nightrain pre sale for the Mexico city-show done by ticketsmaster ran so much smoother then this one. No problems trying to put an order in from Europe for Mexico. This USA pre-sale it was hopeless getting an order through.

You're right there. I still haven't managed it.

This was very disappointing. Thankfully I was an older Nighttrain member but I feel like there was no point getting a membership. There were no GA's and I tried multiple venues at once and at 10:00:01 it was offering rear floor sections for a big price. 

U2 and Pearl Jam fan club pre sales always have great tix available the credit card presale and General presale are not as good. Definitely wasn't the case here. 

I feel it is fucked up that you can buy tickets + Nightrain membership at once now. To me it comes across that the pre sale is no longer one of the special membership perks.

To me it means that now anyone willing to pay some extra can get tickets at a increased price early on, without previously having invested in the fanclub. So, the pre sale is basically open for the general audiance now and ticketprices have gone up.

It's an interesting business model, I understand. But why not doing something nice just for the fans, You don't have to maximize profits always and everwhere you know.

• Like 2

Really disappointed in the Nightrain options. I could only afford lower level bowl seats and got stuck in a corner. 

Citicard has a much better presale with better seats at the same price points. I even tried to exchange mine and they wouldn't let me. 

I think from now on I am going to skip presales. Nighttrain got me okay seats but Citi let me get Pit but only 1. Might try to sell the other 2 from nighttrain and buy a second pit on either the regular sale or stubhub.

It is almost like ticketmaster want to screw people over and give them terrible seats. I got lucky this time with the pit. I would have had 2 but Ticketmaster kept screwing up and kicking me back to the last page after I had bought the 1st one. Every other presale I have been apart of sucked. Really didn't help to be a nighttrain member at all.

Edited by Tourettes2400

I wonder how many NT members there are and if they took any consideration into where the members live in relation to the venue. Sure, some people are willing to travel 100's/1000's of miles to see a show, but the vast majority are within a couple of hours. It is hard to believe that there were really that many tickets for Toronto. My membership was a waste, I've paid every year and ended up with fuck all. I understand this sort of thing has to be outsourced to companies with exisiting infrastucture, I just wish they were not so removed from the ones that pay the bills tour after tour for decades.

I'm going to hit it up on Friday though and hopefully karma pays off somehow. I have pulled front row tickets to GNR on a previous concert (2002), so anything is possible I suppose.

At least I'm excited to see what happens on Friday :) I've always enjoyed the concerts regardless of where I sat though.