Night Train and ticket sales

12 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I think from now on I am going to skip presales. Nighttrain got me okay seats but Citi let me get Pit but only 1. Might try to sell the other 2 from nighttrain and buy a second pit on either the regular sale or stubhub.

It is almost like ticketmaster want to screw people over and give them terrible seats. I got lucky this time with the pit. I would have had 2 but Ticketmaster kept screwing up and kicking me back to the last page after I had bought the 1st one. Every other presale I have been apart of sucked. Really didn't help to be a nighttrain member at all.

Nice job on PIT only.  What show?

31 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I think from now on I am going to skip presales. Nighttrain got me okay seats but Citi let me get Pit but only 1. Might try to sell the other 2 from nighttrain and buy a second pit on either the regular sale or stubhub.

It is almost like ticketmaster want to screw people over and give them terrible seats. I got lucky this time with the pit. I would have had 2 but Ticketmaster kept screwing up and kicking me back to the last page after I had bought the 1st one. Every other presale I have been apart of sucked. Really didn't help to be a nighttrain member at all.

thanks for this tip!

just scored 2 pit tickets for seattle through the citi sale. I had to buy them one at a time, but i got 2 total.

I also wasted 85 bucks on the nightrain membership as the sale was complete bullshit.

1 hour ago, Drakestar said:

I wonder how many NT members there are and if they took any consideration into where the members live in relation to the venue. Sure, some people are willing to travel 100's/1000's of miles to see a show, but the vast majority are within a couple of hours. It is hard to believe that there were really that many tickets for Toronto. My membership was a waste, I've paid every year and ended up with fuck all. I understand this sort of thing has to be outsourced to companies with exisiting infrastucture, I just wish they were not so removed from the ones that pay the bills tour after tour for decades.

I'm going to hit it up on Friday though and hopefully karma pays off somehow. I have pulled front row tickets to GNR on a previous concert (2002), so anything is possible I suppose.

At least I'm excited to see what happens on Friday :) I've always enjoyed the concerts regardless of where I sat though.

I've also been a Nightrain member from the start. Got tickets to the other tours with no problem. I was willing to travel from the UK for the New Jersey gig but ended up like you with nothing after three hours trying when I suppose people who were joining there and then were able to get tickets.. Don't know if I will renew my membership, but I will be looking for a friend with a Citi card.:lol:

• Like 1

I'm sorry I'm a little late to the party.. but are these shows expected to sell out quick? Should I make a nighttrain membership for a presale or is that too late? I'm only wanting to go to the Seattle show and I don't need close tickets, I just want in. Any tips/advice? Anything would be appreciated.

4 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Haha I know exactly what you mean man. I bought two tickets section 110 row A for the NT presale at Heinz field pgh, now these were actually really really good seats overall I do believe, but I didn't want seats I wanted pit. I managed to get one PIT ticket today w the citi card presale. I found myself in the exact same boat though, I had two on the hook and was filling out the payment info and flubbed a key, so I hit backspace to delete the information and didnt realize I wasn't clicked in the box anymore so instead of deleting the incorrect information, it took me back a page and I lost those 2 pit tickets... Then I was like FUUUUCKKKING NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... then I had to explain to all my co-workers why I was swearing at the computer whilst crying.. It was ackward for everyone :lol: but at least I managed to get the one w/o fucking it all up. Overall Id say the NT sale fucking sucked, which is complete and utter bullshit. Those tickets should be ear-marked in small quantities with some of the best seats available for the real fans.

Edited by challenger70rt

I only joined NT late last year or so, and at the time totally got older members feeling like they were getting set up to get screwed by brand new members. 

I got great tickets so I'm happy, but PC VIP as NT wasn't turning up shit for Gillette in MA. That said, WTF is with being able to join NT at the same time you're buying tix? If that's a presale, then I hope that's not a new trend. It's just a "presale" where you can throw an extra $50 or whatever at the ticket and you're in. 

Weird way to position fan club perks. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

So if these pre-sales aren't moving like some other members are remarking elsewhere on this board, then why am I reading quite a lot of people are having problems getting anything?

Are we only talking certain cities?

It seems like a mixture of technical issues, and TM not coughing up the seats people are looking for. I know for me, I couldn't even get in til I went into incognito mode for whatever reason. And a lot of the complaints I'm seeing seem to be about the difficulty of getting pit tickets, combined with high prices for not so great seats.

I'm not super ticket savvy, but it sounds like the guys who are feel pretty good about just biding their time to get good seats at good prices.

On April 3, 2016 at 10:53 AM, Subtle Signs said:

If tickets were only sold to fan club members ,how is anyone selling anything on Stubhub? I thought there was a two week hold before tickets were released to everyone who purchased them yesterday? 

there in lies the problem with these secondary markets, alot of these people sell speculative tickets, which basically means they are selling tickets they dont have but think they can get, and if they can't they'll send you same priced tickets in a different section. as far as the ticketmaster re-sale in ticketmaster, i have my own theory on that where ticketmaster buys up their own tickets & then re-sells them on their site to make more money. lucky for me i had 6 for metlife before 10:01

Edited by the_estranged1

Hi all, kinda new here, hope you could help me out.

Been trying to get tickets via Nightrain (no luck) and am now thinking of the VIP packages. They say you get a reserved, numbered, seat down in the field (or whatever you call it). Since I am from Europe this gets confusing, back here it's usually only standing room (GA I guess is the term). So the field actually has physical seats in US stadiums?

I know, dumb question, but thanks for your help. 

2 hours ago, JM24 said:

Been trying to get tickets via Nightrain (no luck) and am now thinking of the VIP packages. They say you get a reserved, numbered, seat down in the field (or whatever you call it). Since I am from Europe this gets confusing, back here it's usually only standing room (GA I guess is the term). So the field actually has physical seats in US stadiums?

It can go either way here depending on the concert and that may even be dictated by the stage layout, fire regulations, greed.

Yes, in this series of concerts, the field has physical seats along with some premium general admission (standing/pit). The seats are usually attached together (often zip ties) so thing stay organized.

2 hours ago, JM24 said:

I had the same problem; as European it was very hard for me to believe that there are seats on the floor in a stadium at a rock concert. As far as I know in most venues they have a GA pit right in front which is standing only and seem to go for absolutely ridiculous prices. 

8 hours ago, grogmug said:

I got ROW A in 210 (I believe on Slash's side of the stage) for Nashville...I got to pick my seats. I feel like I scored pretty nicely on this one...just hope I'm not blocked by anything.

How did you get to pick your Seats?