Welcome Melissa Reese to Guns N' Roses!

1 minute ago, Chuerta86 said:

Nope, Frank started with a drum thing and Slash did the guitar intro riff. It was very stripped and punkish!

That's cool, kind of expected as it wasn't the first song. Slash actually played the riff? Was it more bluesy?

1 hour ago, Ak1nney said:

I do think the role of this part of the band is debated on too much. I didn't notice Chris or Dizzy at the show I went to in 2011... They were just kinda in the background with the drums. A lot of that has to do with the stage setup too. I will be mainly focused on Axl, Slash, and Duff. She was really noticeable last night due to the stage setup. If you spend the whole show looking at the additional players, I'm not sure what you're doing.

It's a good point; the Troubadour stage is a fraction of the size of the ones they'll be on for this stadium tour so everyone was crunched in together. On larger stages the keys are always in the back and barely noticeable.

25 minutes ago, Chuerta86 said:

Not bluesy just not over produced with a more raw, aggressive punk vibe to it.

Sounds good, a bit like the early 2002 version, that was more laid back though. Hopefully some vids of Chi dem and better turn up.

38 minutes ago, Chuerta86 said:

Not bluesy just not over produced with a more raw, aggressive punk vibe to it.

and that's good. ChiDem always deserved to be grungey and punkish. not neccessary to be bloated, overproduced thing. sounds a bit like "back to the 1998 roots", which sounds interesting!

13 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Just what Guns have been missing all these years..

"Her name is Melissa Reese, a musician and model, who wore glittery kicks and bounced around behind the keys like a raver (she also has greenish hair), while experimenting with various sound effects"

It just doesn't fit, she doesn't have a RnR look at all.  There are women in rock and metal, and a lot of them are awesome.  This isn't about sex, at all. It's about fit.  Just looks like she was pulled from the DJ booth at an EDM club. 

It's Axl's band though, if he wants Brain's gf in the band, it is what it is.  Whatever, I guess.  I'm over the initial kneejerk reaction...for now. lol

Edited by HuskerTornado
  • Like 1

After re-viewing the jungle footage, I don't think she's awful for the band (sorry folks for what I said last night :lol:). Her background vocals on WTTJ suited the song more than the Shitman. But I still think Pitman fit the vibe of the band more. Melissa isn't bad talent-wise and I do like her background vocals, but she's terribly out of place in Guns n' Roses. She looks 25 and works on what...Taylor Swift remixes? The Shitman had more to his name and as much as I absolutely despised him, I feel like he fit the band's mood more than Melissa. Still cool to see a new face. Maybe she'll add more, but for now I'm not too fond of her. And what exactly is she playing on the keys during the songs? I literally can't hear shit...is that sub bass or piano notes? Because I don't hear anything. 

Honestly, I just wish GNR didn't have a second keyboardist. I don't see the point of it. Why can't Dizzy play the synth in Paradise City? What else is he doing? 

She's actually worked with some pretty high-profile people, including Chuck D and Bootsy Collins, and has a very long resume, completely separate from her work with Brain. And with Brain she apparently did some of the Chinese Democracy remixes that haven't been released. Whatever one says about her, she's done way more than just Taylor Swift's music (and that's nothing to sneeze at; she's a top recording artist, even if she's not one's personal cup of tea).

4 hours ago, HuskerTornado said:

It just doesn't fit, she doesn't have a RnR look at all.  There are women in rock and metal, and a lot of them are awesome.  This isn't about sex, at all. It's about fit.  Just looks like she was pulled from the DJ booth at an EDM club. 

It's Axl's band though, if he wants Brain's gf in the band, it is what it is.  Whatever, I guess.  I'm over the initial kneejerk reaction...for now. lol

When Robin came into GNR looking like Riff Raff from Rocky Horror, he looked like he belonged in GNR? If she is a featured player where the spotlight is going to be on her, she'll probably glam it up a bit, but we're also talking about a band where most of the members are in their mid 40s-mid 50s. Most of the photos didn't even have her in it except that one grainy one and it could have passed for Pitman. 

13 hours ago, madison said:

A little harsh perhaps - but this post sums up the way I look at it too. I don't understand why Slash and Duff didn't insist on an equal partnership here and why in the world they'd allow a former housekeeper to be managing the band. It's quite mindboggling. I totally agree with your comments about the CD songs too - Why would they play CD songs at a "reunion" show?  And why are we seeing some of Axl's "replacement" band members at this reunion show when all of the original members are alive and wanted to be part of the reunion?   ... Makes it seem as if Slash and Duff had little input in all of this.  I

I noticed quite a few people commenting on Slash's demeanor during the show - he seemed a little standoffish while Axl was trying to be friendly. Maybe it's nerves - but maybe he's not comfortable with all of these decisions. Guess time will tell.

Ok, this post made me laugh out loud. :lol:

Funnilly enough, you've been kissing their asses for years and banned a lot of people who talk shit about the management or Axl or anybody whom talked about Slash in a positive way before you've been called out by Axl himself when you started to spread lies about him....

That is quite mindboggling!

I think it's more than clear than Axl wanted some continuation in this band to maintain "stability" in his actions. Maybe playing 2-3 CD tracks doesnt have much affection on the overall picture, after all, until new music comes out, this is a nostalgia toruing band. I thought this is clear for every oldtimers here. Seems ike it's not...

Slash 's demeanor could be the magnitude of this event and this was the first show, try walking in his shoes for a mile in this situation after 20-23 years absence and all that shit

All these decisions? If he wasn't comfortable with it, then he would not participate in this whole thing. Maybe they just come to a place in life, where they can accept Axl's decisions  or just they wanted the money so bad....Axl said that Slash and Duff  picked the setlist but if you're refering to the new chick, i don't think he has a problem because he was sitting on backstage with her, chilling out

Edited by Strange Broue
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Strange Broue said:

Funnilly enough, you've been kissing their asses for years and banned a lot of people who talk shit about the management or Axl or anybody whom talked about Slash in a positive way before you've been called out by Axl himself when you started to spread lies about him....

That is quite mindboggling!

Check my record, my friend. I never kissed anyone's asses - ever. I always politely declined Beta & Co's requests to censor news and discussions. If this wasn't the case, you would never have seen Merck's letter. As for Slash - I have always wanted a reunion - I never hid that fact. Yes, I always supported Axl's side project, but I never hid the fact that a reunion of the original lineup was the holy grail for me.  Check my record. 

As for your other accusation - that I "spread lies" about Axl - Nothing could be further from the truth.  I made sure any news we posted was backed up by credible sources or a published news article.  But hey - keep making up lies if it makes you feel better about yourself.  

• Like 1

She sings background vocals too.... I was hoping she was an April fools joke.. This is all typical of Axl.. NuGuns has been a joke the whole time.. I was hoping Slash and Duff would bring some credibility back to the whole thing. Very disappointed in them two..

I think Slash's response to two keyboardists in 2016 is certainly much different than what it might have hypothetically been in 1996. Prior to Slash quitting there was clearly a divide between the creative direction of the band. It's been 20 years and Slash has plenty of other side projects to keep his creative juices going in whatever manner he pleases. I'm sure if the exchange for having an old friend back in his life and rejoining the band that made him a household name is that some band decisions have to be compromised upon, then he couldn't care less if Axl still likes having a second keyboardist around. I honestly believe "the big three" went into this with a mutual respect. Axl obviously respects Slash enough to ditch the idea of a third guitarist (we never needed Ashba but Axl, at that time, still wanted a third player) just as Slash probably respects Axl's loyalty to Richard and Frank. They keyboard is almost a non-issue because she'll be buried at the back just as Pitman/Teddy once was.

The same goes for Duff. I see it as the three of them finding peace with one another (mostly between Axl and Slash obviously) and just being happy to be playing together again and throwing the twenty years of bullshit aside. I say good for them, and for once the future of Guns actually looks exciting. Let's bring on the tour and hopefully some new music too.

Do I really think Guns needs a second keyboard player? Hell no, but her presence isn't going to ruin the shows for me. I'm just glad if it's anybody that it's not Pitman.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, tat2d1 said:

Half the crowd was probably like "Is that Duff's daughter on keyboards?" LMAO

She looks totally out of place on stage with GnR.

Talking of Duff's daughter, I wonder if her band will be an opener at some point in the future? Probably not this initial tour maybe a later one though.

3 hours ago, madison said:

Check my record, my friend. I never kissed anyone's asses - ever. I always politely declined Beta & Co's requests to censor news and discussions. If this wasn't the case, you would never have seen Merck's letter. As for Slash - I have always wanted a reunion - I never hid that fact. Yes, I always supported Axl's side project, but I never hid the fact that a reunion of the original lineup was the holy grail for me.  Check my record. 

As for your other accusation - that I "spread lies" about Axl - Nothing could be further from the truth.  I made sure any news we posted was backed up by credible sources or a published news article.  But hey - keep making up lies if it makes you feel better about yourself.  

You was called out by the man himself

That's quite speaks for itself

Btw i how can i "check" your record when most of the threads got deleted or hid from the public? As far as i know, half of the forum users celebrated Axl's rant  and even if they disagree with his tone, they know what you did here for years....

Axl's side project? fucking lol

8-10 years ago you said the complete opposite... that's what 90% of the (former) userbase told me about you

But i digress

This is enough attention that you've got today

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Strange Broue said:

You was called out by the man himself

That's quite speaks for itself

Btw i how can i "check" your record when most of the threads got deleted or hid from the public? As far as i know, half of the forum users celebrated Axl's rant  and even if they disagree with his tone, they know what you did here for years....

Axl's side project? fucking lol

8-10 years ago you said the complete opposite... that's what 90% of the (former) userbase told me about you

But i digress

This is enough attention that you've got today

1. Clearly, you have no clue about the events leading up to Axl's rant. I did nothing wrong - other than decline requests from Beta & Co. to censor news on the forum.

2. I never allowed any news to be posted that wasn't backed up by credible sources or a published news article.

3. Relying on former banned members - who were banned for good reason - isn't a reliable source for info, Broue.  

4. And "what I did for this forum?"  .. I built this forum from scratch - from 400 members (when I took over as admin) to more than 35,000 when I left.  I spent countless hours - every day - for more than eight years building the forum, finding and verifying news, recruiting members, and breaking up fights between forum members - and most of it at a time when GNR wasn't very active. And I'm proud of this. 

Yes, I always supported Axl's band, the old band, and every side project individual band members did. But I NEVER hid the fact that my preference - my holy grail - was to see the original band reunite - afterall, it was the original lineup that got all of us long-time fans into GNR in the first place. I always said this. 

Now, if you have further lies you wish to spread about me, please use the pm system.  It's not fair to derail this thread. 

Edited by madison
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, alfierose said:

Talking of Duff's daughter, I wonder if her band will be an opener at some point in the future? Probably not this initial tour maybe a later one though.

That would be pretty awesome. Didn't they open at least a few shows for Loaded or one of Duff's other bands?

I personally would love to see the Hollywood Vampires open, or make some sort of guest appearance...

• Like 1