Welcome Melissa Reese to Guns N' Roses!

Honestly, I'm indifferent to her - I never noticed Pitman at the shows and don't expect a new 'additional keyboard player' to be any louder in the mix. I already like her music though, which is a bonus. This thread has me going back over Best Regards:

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1

Best Regards is great but Kind Regards has heavier darker songs, there's three discs, one for each members. The disc three, the melissa one, has the greatest songs. Peak, Joan, Pea Body and Bug Spray are really cool.

Edited by Silent Jay
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Ugh, this thread is plagued with tinyrobot's stupid ass reasoning.  :vomit:

Anyways, I don't mind that girl in the band.  As long as Shitman is not ever mentioned along the GN'R name, I'm fine with whoever is behind keyboards.

Yeah, as i read her posts, it reminded me of tinyrobot:lol:

So, it's probably her

shame

She's got a good voice, and I've got no problems with her being with GNR. No different than Sabbath (though Sab keeps their keys offstage, so I guess there's some difference.)

That said, I hate all the fiddle-fuckery and trills people jam into the national anthem.

16 minutes ago, smoke said:

She's got a good voice, and I've got no problems with her being with GNR. No different than Sabbath (though Sab keeps their keys offstage, so I guess there's some difference.)

That said, I hate all the fiddle-fuckery and trills people jam into the national anthem.

someone should mix it with slashs one :D 

10 hours ago, eggers said:

Could be worse, could be Dizzy still up there playing the bongos. Oh wait...

Most are willing to accept/tolerate Dizzy... He has been doing that for 25 years.. This thing with sporty spice is in another stratosphere..

• Like 2

8 hours ago, smoke said:

Michael Jackson had a good voice too.. Don't want him in Gn'R.. Tons of bands have a keyboard player to help out live.. Guns N' Roses have Dizzy.. That is more than enough.. Was the Skin N' Bones tour suffering without some little pop chick singing and dancing? Experimenting with synth sounds over classic rock songs and sticking out like a sore thumb while she is at it? I'm sorry.. The inclusion of her is just god awful.

10 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Michael Jackson had a good voice too.. Don't want him in Gn'R.. Tons of bands have a keyboard player to help out live.. Guns N' Roses have Dizzy.. That is more than enough.. Was the Skin N' Bones tour suffering without some little pop chick singing and dancing? Experimenting with synth sounds over classic rock songs and sticking out like a sore thumb while she is at it? I'm sorry.. The inclusion of her is just god awful.

You're not wrong, I'm just consciously not letting it bug me. Yet, at least. 

5 minutes ago, smoke said:

You're not wrong, I'm just consciously not letting it bug me. Yet, at least. 

Ughhhh. I am going to Vegas.. I don't want it to bug me either! I was happier than Richard Simmons in a bag of dicks for the last two months leading up to Friday!! It was all I could think about.. Now it seems like I am going to see NuGnR more than anything and there was zero about that band I liked..

Axl's voice.. Was willing to accept it is what it is and there would still be some great moments.
Frank.. Can't stand his drumming but was hoping he would pull it together.. Doesn't look like it
CD songs.. Hate that album.. One song as an olive branch would be ok I guess. But two the other night? Expect more in a longer set. Less chance of any classic deeper cuts.

Now you throw in this chick and you have the circus element of NuGnR back.  She is worse than Pittman.. 

Maybe I watch too much movies, but first thing that popped up in my head when I heard her name was "Kyle Reese". As in Terminator, father of John Connor who later in T2 happens to listen to YCBM while driving his honda XR :D

Pretty face and voice, but does she fit in Guns? Guess I'll find out live 26th of june :)

It's been mentioned that there was a pretty huge ensemble backing up the band during UYI -- Tracy, Roberta, Teddy Zig Zag, the three ladies on horns...compared to all the people onstage during UYI this is positively scaled down.

23 minutes ago, stella said:

It's been mentioned that there was a pretty huge ensemble backing up the band during UYI -- Tracy, Roberta, Teddy Zig Zag, the three ladies on horns...compared to all the people onstage during UYI this is positively scaled down.

None of them were official members or on stage the whole show. It was also only one year of the tour when the shows were starting to get bloated anyway.. It was ten times better when they stripped it back down in 1993 for the Skin N' Bones tour.. Dizzy was more than capable of filling out any sound that what needed lol.

She is far more the equivalent of Pittman than anyone else..