Welcome Melissa Reese to Guns N' Roses!

6 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Yeah he really is one of the few. She's useless but hey everyone's replaceable. No where in that troubadour crowd were people going crazy for a spare part that's useless

I cannot believe the discussion going on here. 

1) She is not useless 

2) Dizzy could not do her parts as he is busy doing other things like playing a piano or percussion. 

3) Clearly people have no clue what a keybaordist does on stage. This is a part from this interview in which they interview the keyboardist from kiss at one point, for those who dont know what a keyboard player does while onstage.

http://www.laweekly.com/music/inside-the-strange-hidden-world-of-offstage-touring-musicians-6539027

A keyboard was set up onstage for then-guitarist Bruce Kulick to play along with Corbett’s offstage keys for the first third of the song, “and then when it came to the chorus, Bruce switched to his guitar and people weren’t supposed to notice the keyboards were still playing.”

Whether a Kiss song contained keyboard parts or not, Corbett says he played on every number at every concert he ever did with the band. Instead of adding, say, piano fills, he’d double rhythm guitar parts with a gnarly, guitar-ish synth tone. “Those guys put on such a show. Gene and Paul are running around so much, and sometimes the playing takes a backseat to the show. So in order for certain parts to never stop, you reinforce Paul’s guitar parts or you're doubling the bass on certain things to fill out the bottom end.”

• Like 2

Eh, anyone else tried to purchase the Melissa + Bucket + Brain tracks? Is it even possible to buy those online? Like it is cool to have real CDs, but with the international shipping I'd be really glad to pay for a download only :/

Anyone came across anything other interesting with Melissa on it? I really like her and am excited to have her on the tour, but most of her music I've heard so far..eh

Edited by BatVin

22 minutes ago, Redout said:

I cannot believe the discussion going on here. 

1) She is not useless 

2) Dizzy could not do her parts as he is busy doing other things like playing a piano or percussion. 

3) Clearly people have no clue what a keybaordist does on stage. This is a part from this interview in which they interview the keyboardist from kiss at one point, for those who dont know what a keyboard player does while onstage.

http://www.laweekly.com/music/inside-the-strange-hidden-world-of-offstage-touring-musicians-6539027

A keyboard was set up onstage for then-guitarist Bruce Kulick to play along with Corbett’s offstage keys for the first third of the song, “and then when it came to the chorus, Bruce switched to his guitar and people weren’t supposed to notice the keyboards were still playing.”

Whether a Kiss song contained keyboard parts or not, Corbett says he played on every number at every concert he ever did with the band. Instead of adding, say, piano fills, he’d double rhythm guitar parts with a gnarly, guitar-ish synth tone. “Those guys put on such a show. Gene and Paul are running around so much, and sometimes the playing takes a backseat to the show. So in order for certain parts to never stop, you reinforce Paul’s guitar parts or you're doubling the bass on certain things to fill out the bottom end.”

Comparing GNR to kiss. Nice. Really gets the point across :lol:

7 minutes ago, Redout said:

Really? Come on i know you can read, at no point did i compare Kiss to GNR, simply stating what an on stage keyboardist does.

Oh your a bills fan. Makes sense now.

:lol: Atta boy. Thanks for that. This post proves to be as useless as Melissa Pittman. 

Edited by Billsfan

22 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

Combo Guns sounds awful, like a Burger King special deal or somethin!

Can I get the ComboGuns platter with a side of Cool Ranch Dressing?

Do you want fries with that?

Do you know where you are?

16 hours ago, SEPTEM said:

I dont know about that.

1-  a bands like a sports team. U need stars and u also need workers.  Pitman stoped comprehending his low profile roll in one of the greatest/bigest bands ever.  Im sure melissa gets it.

2 - obviusly is too early,  but ive been doin some research and i think melissa will bring powerfull things to GNR sound. (Vocally, efects, sounds, etc)

she is conected ( for obvius reasons) to this days sounds/style/tastes/beats/etc, so im guessing she will be even more helpfull with gnr studio material

Lol... sounds crucial too GnRs sound. She isnt needed for shit. The position should have been eliinated.

Edited by Tom-Ass

I'm sorry..

She's pretty, I'm sure  she's a nice girl,  but I can't stand her in guns n roses.

For me it has always been hard to accept dizzy Reed. So now Another member, using keyboards: no thanks.

It makes me think to Duran Duran...

• Like 4

I'd like to know why Pitman was replaced. Was he fired because of the "money grab"-rant or did he rant because he was fired? Or did he leave by choice? It seems so strange to replace him cause he wasn't in the way of the reunion in any way. Personally I never had much against Pitman, although he was a songwriter on two of my least favorite CD songs and the whole Riad N The Bedouins/Ulrich Schnauss thing was lame. Also he kinda seemed like a dork on some of the interviews. Ok, perhaps I had something against him.

Still, it seems strange that he was replaced. I don't really care who the keyboardist is though. Melissa seems fine. At least she's eye candy if nothing else. I like her backing vocals on November Rain also. Hopefully she's a good songwriter too. Yes, I'm expecting new music at some point.

What do you think about the new hair colour? I personally preferred the light blue to this darker blue. Also, I liked her Troubadour stage clothes better than the Vegas one, but I suppose it's just a matter of personal taste. 

Edited by BatVin
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Italian girl said:

I'm sorry..

She's pretty, I'm sure  she's a nice girl,  but I can't stand her in guns n roses.

For me it has always been hard to accept dizzy Reed. So now Another member, using keyboards: no thanks.

Actually Guns N' Roses could learn something from Duran Duran - they have one keyboardist (Nick Rhodes) who does both the sampling and playing and we're talking songs that are full of various samples and synth riffing. That's a fine case for proving that one keyboardist for Guns could handle it all.

2 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

I'd like to know why Pitman was replaced. Was he fired because of the "money grab"-rant or did he rant because he was fired? Or did he leave by choice? It seems so strange to replace him cause he wasn't in the way of the reunion in any way. Personally I never had much against Pitman, although he was a songwriter on two of my least favorite CD songs and the whole Riad N The Bedouins/Ulrich Schnauss thing was lame. Also he kinda seemed like a dork on some of the interviews. Ok, perhaps I had something against him.

Still, it seems strange that he was replaced. I don't really care who the keyboardist is though. Melissa seems fine. At least she's eye candy if nothing else. I like her backing vocals on November Rain also. Hopefully she's a good songwriter too. Yes, I'm expecting new music at some point.

The fact that they brought her In really makes me believe there'll be new music. The songs they're  currently playing don't require her/pitman.

7 hours ago, BatVin said:

What do you think about the new hair colour? I personally preferred the light blue to this darker blue. Also, I liked her Troubadour stage clothes better than the Vegas one, but I suppose it's just a matter of personal taste. 

Looked green on the stream I watched.  And it is obnoxious as hell.

Guns N Roses have been my favorite band since I was in the 2nd grade in 1992. I stole my older brother copy of AFD, my aunt bought me UYI 1 and my mom got me UYI 2. I remember copying TSI from my friends older brother. When SFTD came out i bought the single it cost 20.00 bucks in canada where I had moved, the first snakepit album was the only copy in my little Canadian town on tape in paid 25 bucks. Anyways I've been though quietness then 2002 the nu guns blew me away. Made me excited. Best lineup since slash and duff. I've gone though assba and bumble fuck and all that shit. I've been excited since they announced this tour! I'm fucking giddy. I finally get to see GNFR. Melissa is better then shitman but i don't get why it's bitching about not having izzy, not have stephen or gilby and havimg melissa. Who fucking cares. We haven't seen this band and haven't heard these songs in how long. I mean Coma was played last night! And here we are bitching about Melissa and not having two other old members. I didn't get pit tickets and I dont care I get to see them I get to take my wife who isn't a fan but knows only 3 concerts would make my lifetime. GNR,Rammstein & Zao I'm like a little kid live streaming vegas and singing along

Edited by Hollywood Zombie

20 hours ago, Italian girl said:

I'm sorry..

Cazzo se c'hai ragione...

A morte Dizzy e 'sta Melissa.. :-)

How long till we hear Axl say: yea, she's Gunner number 7! She really is. Fuck it Axl, don't sell me shit I don't wanna swallow.

Edited by AncientEvil80