Welcome Melissa Reese to Guns N' Roses!

• 2 weeks later...

She's not only a good asset musically, she brings a whole new chemistry into the band. Her role seems to be by far bigger, than most people think right now. Bring in a woman into a group of men and everyone is acting different, compared to their behaviour without that woman. It's of course working vice versa with a group of women, being complimented by a man. From what I've seen so far, she adds on many levels to the band.

A warm Welcome to u Melissa!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, HWolllert said:

She's not only a good asset musically, she brings a whole new chemistry into the band. Her role seems to be by far bigger, than most people think right now. Bring in a woman into a group of men and everyone is acting different, compared to their behaviour without that woman. It's of course working vice versa with a group of women, being complimented by a man. From what I've seen so far, she adds on many levels to the band.

A warm Welcome to u Melissa!

I like the pics we get from her instagram.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2016 at 4:55 PM, Patience 4 Axl said:

Can't say I ever listened to Appetite and thought "oh Brownstone would sound so much better with female backing vocals and synth". Just like I never thought mindless shredding made the songs better either.  People have lost sight of what this band was actually about. The best part of these shows by far have been Slash's guitar work, Duff's bass playing, and Axl's surprisingly decent vocals.  Just like it was in the beginning.  

On 10.4.2016 at 4:55 PM, Patience 4 Axl said:

People have lost sight of what this band was actually about.

Personally I would have preferred a return to a 5 piece band like back in the 80s. But I have no problems acknowledging that some fans might prefer a larger band with keyboards. It doesn't mean they have "lost sight of what this band was actually about" 20 years ago, it could simply mean they don't see that return probable or desirable. And that is okay.

She's nice to look at and seems to actually bring something to the table, unlike that idiot Pittman. It says something when half of us spell his name with 2 t's and the other half with 1. We don't care to know how it's spelled and that's ok because he's useless.

I do hope Gilby gets a guest spot at some point though. Sorum too.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

it could simply mean they don't see that return probable or desirable. And that is okay.

I doubt that is the case if you look at every band Slash and Duff have been in.. She is 100% Axl and NuGuns

On 4/23/2016 at 1:48 AM, SlashisGOD said:

I do hope Gilby gets a guest spot at some point though. Sorum too.

Or permanent spots.. I was listening to a bootleg today from 93 and the chemistry between that band was incredible.. The intros and jams before songs like Double Talking Jive, Paradise City and Brownstone were off the charts.. Gilby, Duff and Matt covered the background vocals.. Dizzy was more than capable on the keys..

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 4

Why didnt Axl choose this girl at first place? lol 
Not sure if I care for her in the band but just listen to the shit she composed for Bloodborne.

Melissa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> shitman.

Edited by default_
  • Like 2

On 4/23/2016 at 6:09 PM, default_ said:

Not sure if I care for her in the band but just listen to the shit she composed for Bloodborne.

I'm out of Likes, but that's excellent, thanks for sharing. 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2016 at 9:48 AM, Stress Fracture said:

She's Tracey, Roberta and Teddy Zig Zag all rolled into one small space on the stage.

That's an upgrade in my book.

Sounds about right. Wasn't expecting much to be honest, but her singing is good and compliments the music really well. Brings a younger energy to the band which is kinda cool.

Edited by moreblack

On 23/04/2016 at 0:09 AM, default_ said:

That's a Ryan Amon track... Maybe she sings on it ?

I like Melissa, great backing vocals yada yada.

Seeing her tweets on the front page here makes me uncomfortable. '' Going s*a*v*a*g*e af ''

Being used to the fact that GN'R is mostly men in their 40's-50's and seeing a tweet that looks like it was composed by a preteen girl makes me very uncomfortable.

Are the asterisks necessary, Melissa? Are they?!?

• Like 1