Welcome Melissa Reese to Guns N' Roses!

15 hours ago, AslatIE said:

Being used to the fact that GN'R is mostly men in their 40's-50's and seeing a tweet that looks like it was composed by a preteen girl makes me very uncomfortable.

You clearly weren't around for the DJ "swag" Ashba era. :lol:

• Like 3

On 4/23/2016 at 0:09 AM, default_ said:

Why didnt Axl choose this girl at first place? lol 
Not sure if I care for her in the band but just listen to the shit she composed for Bloodborne.

Melissa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> shitman.

Howard Shore and Hans Zimmer called, they want their LOTR's brass and Gladiator wailing back. ;)

15 hours ago, AslatIE said:

I like Melissa, great backing vocals yada yada.

Seeing her tweets on the front page here makes me uncomfortable. '' Going s*a*v*a*g*e af ''

Being used to the fact that GN'R is mostly men in their 40's-50's and seeing a tweet that looks like it was composed by a preteen girl makes me very uncomfortable.

Are the asterisks necessary, Melissa? Are they?!?

That's nothing. After all these years I still haven't gotten over the apostrophe in GN'R.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AslatIE said:

Seeing her tweets on the front page here makes me uncomfortable. '' Going s*a*v*a*g*e af ''

Not to mention all the clothing lines she tags.. So fucking rock n' roll.. She is hot an I am sure she is nice but she is out of place and adds a NuGnR circus factor to this whole thing. 

That being said I haven't noticed a negative (or positive) effect on the actual music unlike F&F who screw something up every other song. 

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

Not to mention all the clothing lines she tags.. So fucking rock n' roll.. She is hot an I am sure she is nice but she is out of place and adds a NuGnR circus factor to this whole thing. 

That being said I haven't noticed a negative (or positive) effect on the actual music unlike F&F who screw something up every other song. 

I like Melissa, she's definitely more positive and overall nicer than Pitman. Plus the backing vocals are amazing.
I like Fortus and Ferrer. But I wonder when Ferrer has his birthday, thinking about gifting him a metronome...

• Like 1

After seeing her at the Troubador, both Vegas shows and Mexico City I can say that she's a blessing. I'm still not sure what she does musically other than perhaps the intro to Better but her backing vocals are spot on and elevate the band to a whole new level. Sort of like the Eagles, but obviously in a different style. She makes the band sound more professional and mature without really losing any of the edge these, now mature members, have.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

At first I didn't see any reason for her to be part of the band but now she's growing on me...

She doesn't butcher the songs like Pitman and actually has added some nice backing vocals!

That's how I'm feeling at this point. I remember my heart sinking when those early pictures of the Troubadour show hit and there was the second keyboard. I was so excited for Pitman to be gone. I was happy with the idea of being back to a six man line-up. It truly would have been a slight variation of the Illusions-era. The next day, we find out we had a new keyboard player. I still think it's a pretty pointless position for Guns N' Roses and part of me wishes they hadn't fill the spot vacated by Pitman. However, her backing vocals more than make up for it and for those alone she's at least worth having up there. It's not like she's center stage or anything.

She's likeable and doesn't affect the songs negatively. Tracey and Roberta rolled into one, and she can do the horns/strings too. If we must have a second keyboardist for whatever reason, she's a great compromise. She's not Pitman and it's actually working positively.

• Like 3

On ‎25‎.‎04‎.‎2016 at 5:59 PM, AslatIE said:

...Says the preteen kid! :lol:

• Like 1

She is nice too look at but one of the turn offs besides the music about NuGuns was the 8 man circus.. Guns were at their best when they were a 5 or 6 man unit.. It worked for well for them. Good backing vocals or not she is not needed and adds a cheese factor.  Duff's bucking vocals are awesome for Gn'R.. Another reason to boot Frank and Richard if they can't help with that..

All that said.. Melissa has not has a negative effect on the actual music that I have noticed.. Unlike Frank and Fortus.. I'd vote them off the island long before her at this point.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2016 at 0:53 PM, PsychoKiss344 said:

At first I didn't see any reason for her to be part of the band but now she's growing on me...

She doesn't butcher the songs like Pitman and actually has added some nice backing vocals!

Melissa is looking pretty badass in this video too

Now that's something I can get behind. Whaa...No good? Too soon?

On 4/26/2016 at 11:32 AM, starlight said:

Was that difficult to keep Dizzy as the only keyboardist in the band? I hope they drop her from the upcoming shows

Dizzy hasn't been the only keyboardist in a long long time.   Chris joined in the late 90s.

Still hope to hear what happened to him.   But digging Melissa in the band so far.

1 hour ago, CardinalGunner said:

Dizzy hasn't been the only keyboardist in a long long time.   Chris joined in the late 90s.

Still hope to hear what happened to him.   But digging Melissa in the band so far.

Isn't it already clear? He left because he didn't want to play 30 year old songs.

:rolleyes:   :awesomeface:   :lol:

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They've had two keyboards since the UYI tour.

Teddy Zig Zag's dancing > Chris Pitman's towel solo. :lol:

The key difference is that, since Pittman, the second keyboardist is an official member of the band. IMO, this is unnecessary!