A new song HAS to follow...

3 minutes ago, axlslash said:

I'm not sure that "most" of their tours were named for albums - the Dust N' Bones tour, the Get In The Ring tour, etc. all come to mind. I think it'd make a fine album name, but I would more likely expect this to be the initial tour, with future tours to be named after whatever album they're promoting at the time (if we're being optimistic and assuming new music).

Those two tours were legs in the Use Your Illusion tour?

17 minutes ago, axlslash said:

I'm not sure that "most" of their tours were named for albums - the Dust N' Bones tour, the Get In The Ring tour, etc. all come to mind. I think it'd make a fine album name, but I would more likely expect this to be the initial tour, with future tours to be named after whatever album they're promoting at the time (if we're being optimistic and assuming new music).

Those were the 2 legs of the UYI Tour. plus, correct me if im wrong, but dont you mean the "Skin N Bones Tour"

Just now, NicDwolfwood said:

Those were the 2 legs of the UYI Tour. plus, correct me if im wrong, but dont you mean the "Skin N Bones Tour"

Yup, my bad there.

Even if they were sort of "legs" of the tour, they still got their own distinct names. Not sure most bands typically rename legs of tours apart from the general name of the tour. In any event, I don't think the name of this tour necessarily needs to be the name of an album, nor do I expect a tour name that predates an album to carry over to the album.

Except for the Chinese Democracy world tour, I suppose :lol:

If it makes sense or not doesn't really matter to me, I just think it would be a great album title. 
Would be curious as well how the album cover would look like; I never really liked the CD artwork.

Since they hate making up album titles or so they always claimed posting the possible titles here is a great idea, they might use it so let's go. Not in this life time is great, Better than the old one, too :lol:

1 hour ago, Feibo said:

I've been a member since 2005 and a GN'R fan since 1989, yes I feel old :-) I was wondering: we had Appetite for Destruction tour, Use Your Illusion Tour, Chinese Democracy tour etc. And most of the GN'R tours were named after the album. When you think of it: wouldn't 'Not In This Lifetime' be a great title for their new album? I think it would! 

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let's just hope they make it through this tour in one piece. I doubt Axl would do any recording while out on tour. After this tour, would be amazing if they had some new material to record. 

It's kinda cool to know Axl (or someone from the band) got the tour name by reading these forums. I remember someone posted about the "Not in this lifetime" tour name on these forums some time ago (or was it GNRTruth). I am pretty much sure they got the name from the forum(s).

2 minutes ago, Kenan said:

It's kinda cool to know Axl (or someone from the band) got the tour name by reading these forums. I remember someone posted about the "Not in this lifetime" tour name on these forums some time ago (or was it GNRTruth). I am pretty much sure they got the name from the forum(s).

I think it was here. Someone should bump that thread!

12 hours ago, Kenan said:

I'm not so sure about this. The whole saying originated from Axl himself, and he was probably aware he said that and just thought okay that'd be quite funny to put that remark as tour name.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

On 2.4.2016 at 3:43 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Guns N' Roses are now a corporate 'legacy act' and have been for some time, well back into the 'nu' era. The idea of new music from this band should be consigned to the dust bin.

But we still don't know what this line up's intention are. I think it's too early to cry how this is not legit. If Axl really wants to he has a lot of material and talented people to work with now that hopefully he believes in. We don't know if all he wants is money yet or another artistic statement. You don't know it won't happen or that Axl is disinterested.

Perhaps it's cause Izzy is not a part of this for you.

Edited by Rovim

57 minutes ago, Rovim said:

But we still don't know what this line up's intention are. I think it's too early to cry how this is not legit. If Axl really wants to he has a lot of material and talented people to work with now that hopefully he believes in. We don't know if all he wants is money yet or another artistic statement. You don't know it won't happen or that Axl is disinterested.

Perhaps it's cause Izzy is not a part of this for you.

That's not what he's saying. He's saying the public wouldn't care about a new GN'R album which is, of course, absurd.

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

That's not what he's saying. He's saying the public wouldn't care about a new GN'R album which is, of course, absurd.

He's saying it's a corporate thing though? like it had become something without any artistic progress, just about the money and touring? and he's talking about this new current line up, like it is an exact copy of the previous old new ones.

I just think that if Axl will release another Guns album that means it has value and is not finished like Daisy is saying. There is a lot of material already completed according to Axl and others so that is a positive factor that is relevant imo. Or maybe I'm just too stoned.

Edited by Rovim

New versions of old songs would be cool: 

• Locomotive ─ New instrumental version
  • Paradise City ─ Slowed down, half-acoustic version
  • KOHD ─ nu Gnr studio version
  • TWAT ─ New version with Slash on, a bit rawer and sleazier than CD version
  • Double Talkin' Jive ─ The UYI version is good, but the song could need an update

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

He's saying it's a corporate thing though? like it had become something without any artistic progress, just about the money and touring? and he's talking about this new current line up, like it is an exact copy of the previous old new ones.

I just think that if Axl will release another Guns album that means it has value and is not finished like Daisy is saying. There is a lot of material already completed according to Axl and others so that is a positive factor that is relevant imo. Or maybe I'm just too stoned.

Well they are marketing it up as a nostalgia show, right down to the old style fonts and logo, and the fact Axl released only one album in fifteen years with people like Buckethead - presumably the time when he should have been making new music - leaves me very doubtful.

Or to put it another way, the 'nu' band had been essentially a legacy act since c.2011. Reuniting - reunions are inherently nostalgia shows - reinforces that.

35 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well they are marketing it up as a nostalgia show, right down to the old style fonts and logo, and the fact Axl released only one album in fifteen years with people like Buckethead - presumably the time when he should have been making new music - leaves me very doubtful.

Or to put it another way, the 'nu' band had been essentially a legacy act since c.2011. Reuniting - reunions are inherently nostalgia shows - reinforces that.

I don't know about this one. Yea they are using the old logo but they also modernized it. Which doesn't really mean much but it has some importance. Along with the fact that Slash is always making new music on the road and he'll have his old buddys around him to bounce back ideas and come up with material. 

We can even go further to the reports from a few months back that the band was recording. 90% of the information we've gotten about this reunion that was leaked months prior has eventually led to be true. So in theory, a new song(s) is on the horizon for sure.

Edited by tajandreas