La Weekly reunion concert review. Confirms Adler is injured with back surgery

http://www.laweekly.com/music/heres-what-it-felt-like-seeing-guns-n-roses-at-the-troubadour-6784478

When Steven Adler's current band Adler cancelled an April 1 show the Whisky, GNR fans saw this as a sign that Steven was joining GNR. But that's not the case. A source close to the band told me that Adler is having back surgery, which is the real reason he pulled out of the Whisky show. I've also been told he's not ready to tour with GNR, not yet, and maybe not ever. 

Yeah, I would have thought the minute reunion talk came, Steven would have said something about it.

You know he's been wanting and waiting for a reunion since the 80's.

I hoped he could do some songs in some shows. I know it would make him so happy.

If he's having back surgery, I wish him well.

He will be missed on the GNR tour.

26 minutes ago, BigD62 said:

Then what was the whole drumstick picture about?

This. I mean honestly, you never know. They could very well just not have had him at the troubadour because it was last minute and they didn't get a deal done. Or he and Izzy could have select dates they can be used and they already mapped out which shows they wanna use them for. It may not sound normal, but this band never does anything normal. 

If neither Adler or even Izzy are in Vegas, then I'll be concerned. Probably even certain this is the reason. But til then, I think fans should keep the faith. We've just heard so many rumors that until anything is concrete it's tough to believe anything..

I have to wonder if the back surgery announcement is a way for him to save face, if he really is not going to be involved in the reunion or if something else bad has happened to him. None of the GnR accounts have sent a "get well soon" or anything that would imply that he's involved with them... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Drama said:

The idea or surgery worries me not for anything...but the painkillers? Surely he'd need to be on opioids?

IF true yes this could be a major issue for him.  I know a few that have struggled with these things later in life and when surgery comes they must kill the pain, it opens up the door to problems.  It really sucks, hopefully he has alot of support if true.

• Like 1

What a horrible case of bad luck for Steven.  He was at least going to be a guest role in the tour, and now this.  He's been waiting since 1990 for a call back up to the big leagues. 

I hope he mends well and gets out there this Summer.

• Like 1

Hello all,

I have recently signed back up to MyGnr after many years of being away (i'm back), I have been viewing but not so much posting since 2003 under the name of SuperMull (not a big poster!).

What are everyones thoughts on Steven missing from the show as there were rumors (as always with GNR) he was playing how ever I cam across an article mentioning he is going for back surgery.. any thoughts? is it true? hope not.

Source  http://www.alternativenation.net/steven-adler-reportedly-injures-back-can-he-tour-with-guns-n-roses/ 

Here is a picture of me and Steven from a Adlers appetite show in Grimsby (Of all places) Lincolnshire uk from 2011.

Thanks

Steven Adler.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mulligan said:

Hello all,

I have recently signed back up to MyGnr after many years of being away (i'm back), I have been viewing but not so much posting since 2003 under the name of SuperMull (not a big poster!).

What are everyones thoughts on Steven missing from the show as there were rumors (as always with GNR) he was playing how ever I cam across an article mentioning he is going for back surgery.. any thoughts? is it true? hope not.

Source  http://www.alternativenation.net/steven-adler-reportedly-injures-back-can-he-tour-with-guns-n-roses/ 

Here is a picture of me and Steven from a Adlers appetite show in Grimsby (Of all places) Lincolnshire uk from 2011.

Thanks

Steven Adler.jpg

Hi, Glad you have found us again. We already have a few Steven threads running so I merged yours with the most current.

Nice Pic :)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Hi, Glad you have found us again. We already have a few Steven threads running so I merged yours with the most current.

Nice Pic :)

Ah, it's already been discussed hope he's ok.

Thanks it's good to be back, this picture although poor quality is my favorite ever!.

• Like 1

Wasn't there a quote saying that aside from the backs surgery, Alder wasn't ready to tour with GNR, now or maybe ever? That didn't sound like it was about the back injury to me, it sounded like he's still not ready to tour for the reasons we all know he shouldn't be touring.