04/19/16 - Mexico City - Foro Sol

downzy

1 hour ago, SerenityScorp said:

FB_IMG_1461089371558.jpg

So they are transporting the equipment with C - 130 over Mexico and then they drop it with parachutes so it safely lands.. like in Fast & Furious 7.. That's why there is some sort of net covering it, right? Correct me if I'm wrong...

There was a picture of the full setlist (for the tour) that Eddie Trunk mentioned with alternating songs on the HTGTHT forum, but I can't seem to find it now. There weren't many UYI songs on that setlist. Apart from the main set, the songs included were My Michelle, TWAT, Yesterdays, Think About You and Used To Love Her. 

Edited by sonofnazareth

It's crazy how different this are this year. Axl taking part in the soundcheck, not being late to get on stage... Do you guys think these things may have been settled before, like conditions for Slash and Duff to return to the band?

1 minute ago, emybdc said:

It's crazy how different this are this year. Axl taking part in the soundcheck, not being late to get on stage... Do you guys think these things may have been settled before, like conditions for Slash and Duff to return to the band?

It's not like he can... you know... run away and hide from everyone with his current condition, so maybe that's why xD

• Like 1

1 minute ago, emybdc said:

i think they must have 'the talk' about Axl's behaviour because that was a massive issue for all of them!

7 minutes ago, emybdc said:

I think the difference is that axl and slash have made up their differences, plus axl has grown up. But I think him being friendly with all the guys in the band definitely helps explain him being there for soundcheck. And axl not being late probably was worked out when they booked the gigs. Gnr may have lost a few venues because of axl being late in the past. Not 100% sure if this is true but I heard they were trying to play some big show in Germany but the venue said no because of gnr's unreliability. 

So axl knows he better show up on time or else the band probably faces a lot of consequences.

Edited by Slashmatt98

10 minutes ago, emybdc said:

Its pretty crazy.....makes me want to buy a lottery ticket or build a fallout shelter lol.

But its awesome to see he seems to be in a great place these days.

6 minutes ago, Slashmatt98 said:

I think the difference is that axl and slash have made up their differences, plus axl has grown up. But I think him being friendly with all the guys in the bad definitely helps explain him being there for soundcheck. And axl not being late probably was worked out when they booked the gigs. Gnr may have lost a few venues because of axl being late in the past. Not 100% sure if this is true but I heard they were trying to play some big show I'm Germany but the venue said no because of gnr's unreliability. 

So axl knows he better show up on time or else the band probably faces a lot of consequences.

I think you're right about Axl growing older (and wiser). His absence in soundchecks and tardiness to start the show have never had anything to do with animosity towards his band mates or anything like that, as far as I'm concerned.
I thought he was a lost case as to getting on stage on time, cause he always said it was something related with him feeling ready to do so. This scenario shows that apparently he got over whatever it was that kept him from getting on stage on time, that's huge personal growth.

Edited by emybdc
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, emybdc said:

I think you're right about Axl growing older (and wiser). His absence in soundchecks and tardiness to start the show have never had anything to do with animosity towards his band mates or anything like that, as far as I'm concerned.
I thought he was a lost case as to getting on stage on time, cause he always said it was something related with him feeling ready to do so. This scenario shows that apparently he got over whatever it was that kept him from getting on stage on time, that's huge personal growth.

nah he just loves jim morrison

1 minute ago, axlsnutsack said:

Its pretty crazy.....makes me want to buy a lottery ticket or build a fallout shelter lol.

But its awesome to see he seems to be in a great place these days.

Yeah, I know! He really looks happy and just in a good place. It's awesome to see that. 

1 minute ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Promoter probably put it in the actual contracts with a massive penalty against Axl if he screws up.

If Axl wasn't in a good place, there's no contract in the world that would make him do what he didn't wanna do.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, emybdc said:

Didn't former Guns manager Alan Niven say that Axl has stage fright pretty bad?