04/19/16 - Mexico City - Foro Sol

downzy

2 minutes ago, Chilliconcarne said:

Nightrain? The audio clearly isn't keeping up the the video ? 

I just watched it....its like that the whole way through, that's a video/sound sync issue because of where the video iis recorded from (far from the stage).   

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I just watched it....its like that the whole way through, that's a video/sound sync issue because of where the video iis recorded from (far from the stage).   

There's usually a PA delay, and with a venue as big as what they were playing in I can imagine it's pretty bad... but that's awful. I'd hate to be sitting all the way back there, not being able to see the stage and then the video screens are way out of synch with your feed from the PA.

Sounded good though!

Just now, gnr5 said:

Do we really need to explain that light travel faster than sound...therefore you will hear sound a little later than what you see, look how far the guy is from the stage. :facepalm:

Right... @SerenityScorp think of it like when you're watching fireworks and you see the flash before you hear the boom :)

they actually happen at the same time but your perception of the sound is delayed because light travels faster than sound!

2 minutes ago, gnr5 said:

Do we really need to explain that light travel faster than sound...therefore you will hear sound a little later than what you see, look how far the guy is from the stage. :facepalm:

Correct, that's also why, as someone else pointed it, that the video on the screens is intentionally delayed so the people at the very back watching the screen see it "in time" with the sound.

8 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

I'm proud to see Axl sti!l can singing with great voice like tht after I heard from some People tell tht bon jovi cnt singing like before N' Vince Neil using autotunes in live

Neither Bon Jovi nor Vince Neil were great singers in their prime, but they both sound terrible now. Axl is hit or miss but last night was a big hit. He's still got it in him and that is good to see.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, emybdc said:

@downliner Will, I didn't know you were at the show!

Man, you gotta give props to the fans, their energy makes such a huge difference. 

Haven't seen all the videos yet, but from what I've seen it does look like they're getting better by the show. This tour is gonna be amazing.

This, i am not bashing US crowds, but it seems like they play way better when the crowds responds.

4 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

This, i am not bashing US crowds, but it seems like they play way better when the crowds responds.

I really hope They will sound great like this or more thn this at coachella later, Attract the hipsters to see Them, gaining more Fans N' making great show for the closure of April Shows before the Tour...Also I hope rhere will be another surprise....

Courtney Love got too drunk and was kicked out of Guns N’ Roses Coachella afterparty

Axl and Slash weren't the only '90s rockers waxing nostalgic on Saturday night

by Scoop Harrison

on April 20, 2016, 4:20pm

’90s rockers everywhere have been reliving their glory days as late; Axl and Slash reunited, as have Billy and James.

Courtney Love, too, is feeling a bit nostalgic.

As Page Six reports, the Hole frontwoman attended Guns N’ Roses’ post-Coachella afterparty on Saturday night and proceeded to party like it was 1994. “She was literally falling over. It just became a little too sloppy, noted a Page Six source, who added that she was eventually booted from the party. “She wasn’t coherent at all.”

In their heyday, the members of Guns N’ Roses partied like none other. But that was 20-plus years ago, and in the time since, both Slash and Duff McKagan have gotten sober. Unfortunately, it appears Courtney didn’t get the memo.

I really hope that they are filming all shows with the intention to later put out a DVD/BluRay with the best show or maybe a compilation from two shows in the same location (Like Mexico 4/19 and 4/20 for example)!

Great fucking show last night by the whole band and especially Axl! 
Oh and Melissa's backing vocals are great!

Edited by youngswedishvinyl
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I really hope that they are filming all shows with the intention to later put out a DVD/BluRay with the best show or maybe a compilation from two shows in the same location (Like Mexico 4/19 and 4/20 for example)!

Great fucking show last night by the whole band and especially Axl! 
Oh and Melissa's backing vocals are great!

Melissa is a big upgrade on Pitman, no doubt about it. That crowd last night was pretty awesome. I wonder what Axl/Duff/Slash were thinking. "Bloody hell, we've been missing out on this for 23 years." 60,000+ crazy fans there for you and you alone. And then they got another gig in the same town sold out the next night too. Amazing.

• Like 2