04/20/16 - Mexico City - Foro Sol

downzy

5 minutes ago, Homefuck said:

Please Axl, you don't have to play everything like it was recorded: but WHY do you insist on singing in the instrumental part of the PC-intro? It doesn't sound good and you come in too late with the whistle!

Think Someone need to help Him to blow the whistle when He's still singing in the intro

30 minutes ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

I dont even bother watching the PC videos tbh, i havent enjoyed Axl singing that song in a long time. 

It's kind of weird for me, PC is one of my favorite gnr-songs (that was the song that got me interested in the band in the first place) but I've never really cared for the live version. It doesn't translate too well to a live situation except the outro.

38 minutes ago, Solidius said:

Man that dude singing along off-key really ruined the recording for me. Axl sounds pretty good on the song, though.

With Slash playing the solo note for note, Don't Cry sounds better than ever live. This is true stadium rock and blows the NuGN'R versions out of the water. I wouldn't mind it if they dropped some other ballad for Don't Cry

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MicEffecT said:

This band at SkyDome Toronto will be EPIC! Summer night with an open dome! Life is great. This is why I never stopped supporting GNR. This is the perfect remedy after I suffered a Pulmonary Embolism and massive heart attack. Thx GNR for allowing me to experience this with my Son.

they wont open the dome accoustics are bad enough already

• Like 1

I cant drink the Kool aid

The Chinese tracks..., well, Slash's attempt at them have been awful. The solo was the only damn thing that saved TIL, and Slash just butchers it. Doesn't even attempt it.

TWAT was awful. I realize that is their first time, but still. Practice the shit ffs.

Done being negative. Back to complete awe and disbelief and what I'm actually seeing.

Locomotive needs to be incoming!!!

4 hours ago, superloconoriega said:

Better
Just like Chinese, I feel Slash’s arrangement + Richard playing Bucket don’t really mix that smoothly, but whatever. Show was seriously dragging by this point but I was trying to enjoy it.  People sometimes where throwing cups with urine or whatever at other people. Very uncomfortable. Slash’s last solo also felt like he was just playing the first thing that came to his head and has not really worked out the songs seriously.

THIS

Sometimes the notes fall out of tempo, sounds like a guy jamming over a backingtrack trying to compose a new solo

Ashba and Bumblefoot had been crucified if they do something like this for TWAT or Better solo.

Edited by SeBaZ

33 minutes ago, Download said:

I cant drink the Kool aid

The Chinese tracks..., well, Slash's attempt at them have been awful. The solo was the only damn thing that saved TIL, and Slash just butchers it. Doesn't even attempt it.

TWAT was awful. I realize that is their first time, but still. Practice the shit ffs.

Done being negative. Back to complete awe and disbelief and what I'm actually seeing.

Locomotive needs to be incoming!!!

Hey that's your opinion. Even though it's wrong and shit,  I still respect it.

Man that TWAT was great. Did not expect Axl to sound that great for the outro. 

Also really loving Melissa in the band. Was totally off guard by her joining and unsure, but I really love the sound her voice brings. Didn't thing I'd ever think that. 

8 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Greatest gift Slash and Duff could give to Axl is playing a bunch of CD songs to massive audiences around the world. Lends some credibility to that album. I don't think it's a masterpiece, but it's also underrated by so many people who straight up refused to listen to it or wouldn't listen to it with an open mind. I think it's a solid 7/10 but some people talk about it like it's the worst thing ever. 

it is a mess of an album

the "really hard-working and talented ad professional" players that axl chose to play with (and to record that album with) make that album almost unlisteneable

when you bring Slash and Duff...

these guys are rockers -- they are not "really hard working and very professional musicians"

you want "really hard working and very professional" people to work on on a 9-5 job, not to play in a rock n roll band

things are obviously better now and they may get even better

when they bring on Izzy and remove all the Axl solo-era "hard working, very talented and real professional" members (specially the guitar player and the drummer who are still in the band) each and every chinese democracy song will sound even better

because they will rock

• Like 2