04/20/16 - Mexico City - Foro Sol

downzy

I couldn't give less of a shit how Slash plays Chinese democracy songs. Anything that pops to his head while playing the solos is better than the damn song, TIL is only worth what Slash plays, The rest of the song sucks. You CD lovers should feel fortunate that Slash has agreed to play these awful tunes.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

I couldn't give less of a shit how Slash plays Chinese democracy songs. Anything that pops to his head while playing the solos is better than the damn song, TIL is only worth what Slash plays, The rest of the song sucks. You CD lovers should feel fortunate that Slash has agreed to play these awful tunes.

I'm very thankful, it sounds good. I hope they do Catcher with Slash and Duff next. If Axl chooses to release CD ll with Slash's solos on it than his interpretations of Chinese tunes can be a glimpse for us into what it could potentially be like.

Edited by Rovim

3 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

:lol:

I agree.

• Like 1

I did like hearing TWAT finally, but holy shit, no more CD songs in the setlist please.  I know the weather was really bad at this show,  but it's obvious the crowd in general still don't dig these songs and never will, no need to keep forcing them on people.  Like always they never fail to bring down the momentum of the shows. 

Edited by Patience 4 Axl
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Amir said:

All I want to hear him play is TIL and TWAT. Especially TWAT. I can see why they'd want to play Better from ChiDem but I never thought they'd keep playing the title track, bizarre choice...

Great songs. ChiDem has that Easy vibe very nonchalant that I love and it's the single sure everybody knows it's rocking, also first song in Drop D this time. I always find this tuning too messy. Better is in drop C#. Slackler's in drop B tuning crazy shit.

Edited by Silent Jay

I'd allow Axl two CD songs (at a push), out of The Blues, Madagascar and Better. Can't believe Axl is persisting with the dirge that is This I Love, it's truly a terrible song that would never have seen the light of day had Axl been part of a functioning "band".

Madagascar is probably my favourite of the CD era so would happily listen to that, The Blues too before the version that appeared on the album. TWAT too is a weird song with a very unusual structure.

6 hours ago, wagrez said:

Finally the songs are sounding like guns n '  roses and people still complaining... I really don't know what these people want...

People with criticism have said exactly what they want. So I'm confused about your last line. 

Not everybody is a fanboy who worships everything Axl does. 

This is a forum for fans to share opinions. It isn't a place where people have to praise everything the band does. 

Download said what he loved and what he didn't like. That's what most people do. 

The people complaining about the people complaining are worse than the original complainers. 

Stop caring so much about what other people think if it bothers you so much. 

Just sit back and enjoy this glorious semi-reunion we are experiencing. 

7 hours ago, Original said:

Slash makes TWAT sound soooo much better.  They should almost re-record TWAT, Better, SOD and TIL so they can release proper versions of them.  Hope they mix in SOD, Slash will no doubt dominate that as well.

That would actually be awesome. Throw Catcher and IRS in there. Start from scratch and take out all the effects and just make them pure sleezy Rock and roll songs. 

I think Chinese Democracy the song seems to fit in OK.... Slash really digs into that opening riff. The Mexican crowd seemed to dig it.

I thought Better was cool with the new intro in Vegas but I think it's worn out its welcome already, to be honest... This I Love is such piece of melodramatic trash I hate it haha... There Was A Time I don't mind at all. I'd say keep TWAT and CD and there you go.... (and I don't love CD the song but... like, somehow referring to a Chinese stew seems vaguely racist :D ... I can't pintpoint why but I hate the lyrics basically haha). 

Edited by Ant

In terms of the crowd, I think 2 or 3 CD songs is fine, but they need to be chosen carefully. CD is not the most live-friendly album.

For example, Better usually sounds pretty bad live. Axl just can't replicate that studio voice. When he's doing the verses live it doesn't even sound like a melody, he can hardly get through it and his tone just sucks. This song shouldn't be on the setlist, IMO.

TIL is fine, it gives both Axl and Slash their own good showcase spots.

ChiDem isn't that good of a song but at least it's a rocker and Slash makes it sound a bit more badass. Just due to the nature of the song it's not a total snorefest for people, so it can stay.

I think this band could do great things with Street of Dreams or Catcher, but those songs are on the softer side too and I think the setlist needs less of that. In my perfect world, KOHD would've been gone a long time ago.

2 hours ago, Carburetta said:

Can't believe Axl is persisting with the dirge that is This I Love, it's truly a terrible song that would never have seen the light of day had Axl been part of a functioning "band".

Good thing for the rest of us that your opinion doesn't represent the majority -- nor the opinion of the band as they continue to play it ;) 

i'd also like to mention that axl kept his cool, someone in the crowd was lasering him with green light and he called them out, very passively aggressive and then it stopped and the crowd went quiet

it was definetly a moment

the whole band must've been soaked as well

CAN ANYONE FIND A VIDEO OF JUNGLE OR MICHELLE ON THE 20th

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr