04/20/16 - Mexico City - Foro Sol

downzy

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

I don't know these guys personally so I couldn't less if they are friends off the stage. 

But I'm sure glad they decided to work together again from a professional standpoint. This will probably be the best rock tour of 2016.

As long as they bring it and kick ass every show then who cares if they are lovers, best friends, solely business partners or they hate each other. Axl doesn't owe us anything except a good show. And right now they are killing it  

Plus, we have no way of knowing what's really going on anyway.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Not necessarily.  I think he was just having fun.  It is the way Axl has been since the beginning.

He looks like a happy man again.

Reminds me of the 06 footage of Axl fucking about on a bike :lol: Nice to see him so happy... though it's very surreal at times. Happy, looks good, sounds good, is punctual, and has a Slash beside him. Weird.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Babooshka said:

Plus, we have no way of knowing what's really going on anyway.

Exactly. 

None of us have any idea. They could still dislike each other. Or they could be best buddies. All this "Axl smiled during Slash's solo. They must be best friends. I can also tell they are best friends by the look in Axl's eye." Celebrity worship by adults is a weird thing. 

I'm just glad the guys put their personally differences aside enough to take the stage together again. The results have been glorious so far. 

19 hours ago, tsinindy said:

I don't think so...I was there.  I do know he had a cold, but he was supposesably off substances by 1991.  

some dabble without ever getting to the point of having to get 'clean'

and clean could mean off junk

Edited by Top-Hatted One

8 hours ago, Apollo said:

Congrats?

Do you feel this way about all people who you aren't friends with - or just celebrities? 

As a fan it's far more appealing seeing the group enjoy playing together. Helps negate the cashgrab accusations. Nothing worse than if it were to be like Motley crue 's final tour where everyone is just going through the motions.

• Like 1

On April 23, 2016 at 9:49 PM, BorderlineCrazy said:

C'mon, man. We don't care about how famous Slash and Axl are, we don't think of them as celebrities (or at least I don't). We want them to be happy because they've made us happy countless times with their music. It feels great to me to see them laughing together, it shouldn't be that hard to understand even if it doesn't mean anything to you.

I want everybody in the world to be happy. I hope Slash is happy. I hope Axl is happy. I just don't care if the two guys are friends or not. That has no bearing on the product they put out. 

My favorite chef has brought me decades of happiness. I hope he is extremely happy in life. But I couldn't care less if he is best buddies with his business partner from 25 years ago. 

On April 23, 2016 at 3:03 PM, sanity_lost said:

I also care.

Even before the reunion when we learned Axl and Slash were on talking/friendly terms again it made me happy. I am a very selfish person. Other people being happy/content makes me happy.

I - like most people - also enjoy seeing other people happy. I just don't care who Axl is friends with. Just like Axl doesn't care who you and I are friends with. 

2 hours ago, Apollo said:

I - like most people - also enjoy seeing other people happy. I just don't care who Axl is friends with. Just like Axl doesn't care who you and I are friends with. 

I support your lack of caring. If that is what makes you happy or not happy so be it. It doesn't mean that I or others shouldn't care or are silly for caring. I am not sure why it would matter if Axl cared about who I was friends with or not? I am sure Axl doesn't care if I make a new album or not either and I care whether GNR makes a new album or not.  I don't live my life by tit for tat.

I like music made by Guns n' Roses. These people who made this music I like fascinates me and I want to understand them. It is why I have read their interviews and books. It is why I am on this board. I know I am projecting my experiences with familial relationships onto them. That is what we do as humans.  We project our own thoughts, feelings, emotions, experiences on others to try to understand and empathize with them. I have empathy (whether it is faulty or not- and when it come to me it is most likely faulty) so I care.

Even if they still clearly hated each others guts and made the most amazing music ever made I would still feel a little sad for them due to my own experiences with life- even if they were happy hating each others guts.

(This is of course only my view. Others who care have their own reasons)

Edited by sanity_lost
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...