06/23/16 - Detroit - Ford Field (More Pre-Party Info, Pg 10)

downzy

On June 17, 2016 at 1:42 AM, Subtle Signs said:

Have we all given up on seeing Izzy and Adler this show?

Tough to have that expectation knowing one could be left being dissapointed.. But one can hope! So I know what to expect this band to look like, but if those two showed up for a couple of songs and maybe paradise at the end of the show I'll lose my mind.

That being said, I wish everyone attending the show the best! I'll have my periscope ready just incase..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Anyone believe they Are staying at the Mariott in the  renaissance center?  

wouldn't be surprised if they're staying at someone's house in Gross Pointe (mansions galore) or Townsend in Birmingham. 

Most effed up thing someone can experience in Detroit: be on Jefferson Avenue.  Stay on it.  You'll eventually drive through shitsville.  All of a sudden you cross into Gross Pointe and it's like night & day.  Enormous mansions like you've never seen.  Beautiful neighborhoods.  All on the same road. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, there is no dana only zool said:

wouldn't be surprised if they're staying at someone's house in Gross Pointe (mansions galore) or Townsend in Birmingham. 

Most effed up thing someone can experience in Detroit: be on Jefferson Avenue.  Stay on it.  You'll eventually drive through shitsville.  All of a sudden you cross into Gross Pointe and it's like night & day.  Enormous mansions like you've never seen.  Beautiful neighborhoods.  All on the same road. 

Holy shit, yes! I used to have to travel between the Woodward & Jefferson area through Grosse Pointe on a regular basis and I always thought about that! 

• Like 1

Just now, RussTCB said:

Holy shit, yes! I used to have to travel between the Woodward & Jefferson area through Grosse Pointe on a regular basis and I always thought about that! 

yea, when i first moved out there and someone took me on "the tour" i was like, "lol wtf?!" Always thought it'd be funny if a huge gang of Detroit's homeless organized a walk-through one day haha. 

5 minutes ago, Archtop said:

As a non attendee I have been ignoring this thread as I figured it would make me feel as crushed as the Vegas one, but as Thursday draws close I couldn't resist any longer.

Now, not only am I pissed about the opening show, but @RussTCB your open house looks amazing what an awesome thing to do.

I hope everyone has an great time, I am  really looking forward to pictures, feedback and any periscopes popping up.

I am resigned to living this out shamlessly on the forum, have fun, be loud. I will be watching!:lol:

I'm happy to do it. I wish you could come join us. The party I threw in Vegas was awesome. I've said this before, but it was so cool having people (most of whom had never met) from several countries and several states all partying together all day. It was because that went so smooth that I was able to convince my wife that it would be ok to open our house to a bunch of fans :lol:

We'll be happy to post pics throughout the day though so everyone can at least attend in spirit :) 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

I have a bad cold. This displeases me. 

You are going to the show right? I hope you get over it and feel better quickly. Trying to go to a concert when you are feeling rotten would suck.

But most importantly... stay away from the band members! Especially Axl! When they spot you wandering around and come up to you and say, "Wagszilla! Great to see you! I've always wanted to have a chat with you. Let me shake your hand!" I'd really appreciate it if you would back away cautiously and go the other way.  I'd rather the lead singer of the band stay as healthy as possible for the tour. Fans everywhere (especially those attending the shows following a week or two after Detroit) will appreciate your assistance in this matter. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Just passed Ford field.. Holy crap. There has to be more than 40 semi trucks in the parking lot coming and going unloading shit. This is going to be huge 

if it's that big I wonder if they will start setting up in DC soon, most big stadium shows have two stages.

Edited by fallglimmer

16 minutes ago, jthunders13 said:

Not even half of stage was up yet as of today was the info I got earlier. So the picture above probably isn't a good way to judge what final setup will be.

I went by earlier tonight just for shiggles and couldn't see much at all. I did see 2 big screens up and running on either side, but they only had test patterns on them. 

31 minutes ago, jthunders13 said:

Not even half of stage was up yet as of today was the info I got earlier. So the picture above probably isn't a good way to judge what final setup will be.

and i hope the info is right... with all the hangar stage test thing, i was expecting a bigger setup than the one in the picture

Made signs to post so everyone arriving knows they have the right place, where to go and so on. There's a good chance the music will be loud enough that we won't hear you, so I just wanted to take precautions. Will post pics on Thursday!