06/23/16 - Detroit - Ford Field (More Pre-Party Info, Pg 10)

downzy

11 minutes ago, Rickodez said:

A guy like Axl who loves to dance, looks much better dancing with a more fit look and without the hats and glasses. And without the late mustache.

And i hope he stays letting his hair grow, the hair movement when he dances is another plus in this great era.

7:15, so cool. The 'swing' is really back.

agree agree agree!!!! :D

1 minute ago, Axl Rose aka God said:

The band sounds fantastic! I'm so happy and excited for July 19th right now. I'm listening to This I Love currently, but I have to say, the amount of fucking chatter among the crowd is pissing me off. Shut the fuck up and enjoy the song. 

i kept yelling that at my computer last night :P

It's interesting seeing these actual pics of Slash and Axl together on stage making contact. I remember all the photoshop pics people used to make on these boards of Axl and Slash together on stage. Who would have ever thought at the time that it would become a reality. The funny thing is that those photoshopped pics are similar to the real pictures from last night. lol

• Like 1

Haven't watched the whole show, but I watched a periscope stream around when Out Ta Get Me played. 

IFUNEHIFUHEWIUFWEIUFJIOAJFOIEJFOIEJIFONNIJ

Axl's vocals were AMAZING, I was left in shock. I was shaking after. I don't know how he did on the other songs (I heard he sucked on Coma) but OTGM was brilliant. Amazing. That is single-handedly one of my favorite live performances of any GNR song in the past two decades ever. Really glad to see Axl and the current band kick ass. We're in a great era right now! Axl has his fire back.

• Like 1

I was at the first show in Vegas and I went to the Detroit show last night. I thought Slash was much much better last night and Axl's voice was also much better. These guys sound amazing and I can't wait to see them again in Orlando. The band is getting better and better each show. I hope everyone enjoys the shows as much as I have.

Edited by BigD62
  • Like 1

Just now, Your Illusion said:

I listenend to the youtube videos, but i'm not so impressed about the voacals. Axl sounded much better with ac/dc. That was amazing! 

Axl is an amazing vocalist, the songs and vocals he laid to Guns N Roses albums may not have difficult range all the time, but there are a ton of lyrics in every song and it makes the performance of each very difficult when you are trying to navigate control, tone, and press these words out with Axl's vocals.

ACDC's songs are just different and more in Axl's current wheelhouse. 

As far as Axl not being good on Coma I'm fine with that. Really difficult song and not one I'd expect him to nail each time. Love to see him try it though 

43 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Haven't watched the whole show, but I watched a periscope stream around when Out Ta Get Me played. 

IFUNEHIFUHEWIUFWEIUFJIOAJFOIEJFOIEJIFONNIJ

Axl's vocals were AMAZING, I was left in shock. I was shaking after. I don't know how he did on the other songs (I heard he sucked on Coma) but OTGM was brilliant. Amazing. That is single-handedly one of my favorite live performances of any GNR song in the past two decades ever. Really glad to see Axl and the current band kick ass. We're in a great era right now! Axl has his fire back.

this is definitely the Year of Axl :)

33 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Alright..even though I wasn't at concert last night here's what I conclude from watching the recordings..

- THIS IS AWESOME!!! GUNS N' ROSES ARE FUCKIN' BACK!!:dance:

- I like Axl's swag - referring to his clothing, no hats, no jackets, sneakers and relaxed and casual style of clothes...:lol: Throwing stuff..:P Even though I miss bandana..

- Slash and Axl running all across the stage..

- Is it just me or Slash's guitar tone is better 10 times than Vegas and 100 times than Coachella... It's literally UYI sound all over again..

- People screaming everytime Slash commences a solo...has that happened before? Not like this!!:lol:

- Slash nailing every solo..Out Ta Get Me and Estranged!! Like - OH MY GOD!!

- COMA!!! Need I say more??

- Amazing stage chemistry among Slash Axl Duff...

- McBob..running here and there to collect Axl's mic stands...:lol:

- The technical aspect - great stage, sold-out crowds..

Downside - The Seeker... Patience would be a lot better!!!

Anyway.. looking forward to what's to come..!!1

he had the bandana on under the cowboy hat.... *swoon* :)

9 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

Off night? How so? I think he sounds good, considering that he's singing GNR songs and not AC/DC songs. Obviously he's still not singing with as much power as in 2010, but did anyone really expect that?

8 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

I think he still had moments of Mickey but his tone is the best it's been in over 20 years, and he's sounding amazing 95% of the time. His vocal coach has done a lot for him this year...the songs just sound better. Go watch Live and Let Die from 2011-2014 and then watch the one from last night...Axl is night and day better this year. I say go watch that song bc in my opinion you can hear tone better in it. 

Remember those shows in April? Everything after LALD was pretty weak here. Go compare RQ, he was fairly clean before but powerful and had good tone, here his tone was thin and his voice sounded tired. Paradise City was like 2011 compared to Coachella: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPvgK_M5Y_c

I'd say it's his weakest show so far this year.