06/23/16 - Detroit - Ford Field (More Pre-Party Info, Pg 10)

downzy

23 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

IMO the best November Rain in 16'...

More power in his voice. And Slash sounds VERY good...

And they slowed the tempo down on it.. I think that added to Slash sounding very good.

Edited by Tom-Ass

28 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I'm not gonna start sucking his dick just yet but he did seem better, the tempos were noticeably better on November Rain and Jungle. Still not a fan of him and Fortus on Rocket Queen but even that was a little better all around. Axl and Slash nailed the outro..

I notice he blatantly changes those iconic fills of Sorums on songs like November Rain I think Don't Cry.. It sounds a bit awkward  but I don't hate it. 

But yeah, at least for one show there seemed to be improvement in tempo and feel and it appeared Slash fed off of it and was able to get locked in a bit more.

Funny thing is that Sorum's druming on November Rain is probably among his best work while in G N'R....in my opinion, anyway. lol

23 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

13522903_10153758524390488_1292549486761

It may have not been a hug but the picture speaks for itself.  I certainly wouldn't lean on another guy unless he was a friend and we were getting along.  It should at the very least, squash any of the pre-tour rumors saying that they weren't on the best terms.

i think we should start posting this all over so that it overtakes that pic/meme Axl wants taken down :P

1 minute ago, fumardude said:

Sounds dope, but imo Robins solo is beyond perfect.

I do love this song along with some other CD songs (Yeah people can hate me for it), but I've got used to the songs and Robin did a great job even though I never liked him in GNR. Slash does a good job, but I hope he makes it more "better".

TIL solo played at this show was better than the April shows, it felt like this would have been the solo if Slash recorded back in 1994, maybe it was this one, who knows.

It takes time for me to adjust to things

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

The most annoying posters are the ones who are constantly complaining about other posters not liking the performance as much as they do. Just because you think something was perfect doesn't mean that everybody else had to agree with you. It's called an OPINION and yours isn't any more valid than anybody else's. 

Besides. Who cares? If you loved the show then why let some stranger's opinion bother you so much?

Also lol at the negativity towards people's opinions based on persocope or YouTube videos. If you complain about the few random negative ones then how come you aren't complaining about the people who say the YouTube videos sound amazing?

People should stop being so outraged and offended over a difference of opinion about a rock band. Concerts are a personal experience. If you had a blast - awesome! Who cares if a complete stranger to you didn't have the same experience. Don't be so insecure. Love what you love. 

well said!

46 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Fuck yeahhhh

yessssssssssssssssssssss!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

I never said the show sucked. I think it is the best show since 1993 Argentina. I think fake GNR was a complete joke even when Axl had strong vocals in 2010. So Axl doesn't have to be 100% vocally for the show to kick ass. The entire band was tight(except for Frank) and they put on an entertaining show. For the first time in 23 years, we got a GNR concert. I can't wait for the San Diego show. I am more excited about  it after watching this Detroit concert.

My problem with Axl is that we now have something else to compare his vocals. Had Axl never joined ACDC, I would have been praising him for his vocals with GN on Thursday. I would have assumed that he has lost the power in his voice, but still put on a great effort. Many of us got really excited listening to the ACDC shows because we figured his vocal coach and motivation had improved his voice and he was going transfer that to the GNR tour. We assumed he was going to be vocally stronger than he was at Coachella. Obviously that didn't happen and people are making excuses for it now. 

this notion that Axl is not using rasp because the recordings on the album didn't have any is ridiculous. If that was the case he wouldn't use rasp on any of the GNR songs he sang on Thursday. The fact of the matter is he did use rasp on a few and sounded good. That to me tells me that he is intentionally turning it off on some songs. Why would Axl prefer to sing in his clean voice if he was trying to sound good? He no longer has a powerful clean voice, he lost that many years ago. His clean voice is so weak it is cringeworthy. I think he knows this, but just doesn't care.Axl is a mystery to me. What was his motivation to sing powerfully in 2010? Why did he turn it on? Why now that he is reunited with Duff and Slash is it not motivation/incentive to return to that voice? I have no idea. 

The Axl of ACDC is the Axl of GNR of 2010. He can choose to go to that voice whenever he wants. This to me angers me a bit. Axl could sing paradise city strongly if he wanted to. 

This is how I feel about the situation, and I am sure many will disagree.

p.s Somebody tell Axl to stop singing during Slash guitar parts at the beginning of PC. It sounds silly and it messes everything up for the whistle part.

I agree with you. :) 

These complaints about Axl sounding better with AC/DC are just nuts. Whenever you hear Axl with GNR sounding weak, think whether the stuff he's singing at the moment could be done with the kind of register you remember sounding great from AC/DC. Of course not. It's because the GNR material is very versatile and you can't just scream your way through it + it's often much more difficult in terms of breathing. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Hmmmmm. Maybe a couple hundred a piece? They were really small, it was really easy getting a great spot

Was it total jammed up? I got back problems, but pit is where all the fun is, When I went to see NuGNR and Slash, I took the seats, but it just din't feel right, so somehow I made my way to the pit and really enjoyed.

So well as this reunion will be big, so was the pit all jammed up? If a person entered the show at around 9pm or so, was there space?

13 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Was it total jammed up? I got back problems, but pit is where all the fun is, When I went to see NuGNR and Slash, I took the seats, but it just din't feel right, so somehow I made my way to the pit and really enjoyed.

So well as this reunion will be big, so was the pit all jammed up? If a person entered the show at around 9pm or so, was there space?

I had a lot of space and i was on the rail. I was comfy 

55 minutes ago, GNR-girl said:

I agree with you. :) 

Totally agree with you.
He can still sing powerfully gnr songs just like 2010. There was 1 show he song november rain with rasp. I think it was bucharest. It was the best november rain since 1993.
acdc is 2010 power axl.
He can still sing gnr songs like in 2010. But he prefers not to do. It's strange.

This is acdc axl voice. I haven't heard Rocket queen like this in this tour.

Best november rain since 1993. Maybe Angus was at this show?

Edited by Your Illusion
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Your Illusion said:

Totally agree with you.
He can still sing powerfully gnr songs just like 2010. There was 1 show he song november rain with rasp. I think it was bucharest. It was the best november rain since 1993.
acdc is 2010 power axl.
He can still sing gnr songs like in 2010. But he prefers not to do. It's strange.

This is acdc axl voice. I haven't heard Rocket queen like this in this tour.

Bucharest was probably the best show since the UYI Tour.

5 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

You deserve it for talking absolute bollocks. It's getting your knickers in a twist about the setlist after the first goddam show of the tour that "is not needed around." 

I corrected every brainfart in your previous post line-by line and you responded with more tripe. You're going on ignore. 

I talk whatever I want. This is a discussion board and opinion is EXPECTED to flow here. You're no one to dictate what other people can say or not say, feel or not feel about a show or the band. But that's how the authoritarian types like you function, so I really feel sorry for you.

I don't care, put me on ignore its actually a win-win for me. I don't need a Hitler doppelgänger like you breathing on my neck.

Have a good life! rock3