06/23/16 - Detroit - Ford Field (More Pre-Party Info, Pg 10)

downzy

2 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Anyone care to post the merchandise they bought?

I got "Not In This Lifetime" foam middle finger in the pic above with my wife. The other stuff I got isn't with me right now to take pics of, but I bought the grey Detroit shirt and a big ass poster with the logo and tour dates on it.

15 minutes ago, Bumble's Bridge Pickup said:

Remind me, why does Frank get a guitar solo again?

HOLY SHIT! What a weird camera glitch on her phone!! Here's the really sad part....I never noticed that til you pointed it out :lol:

8 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I'll be posting mine tomorrow. Literally haven't been home except to sleep last night since the gig. 

Right on. I knew you were super busy between travel and work. I'm hoping you got some good ones! :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I got "Not In This Lifetime" foam middle finger in the pic above with my wife. The other stuff I got isn't with me right now to take pics of, but I bought the grey Detroit shirt and a big ass poster with the logo and tour dates on it.

isnt it a bit expensive for a poster $50 ?

I am still too tired to write a proper review. I only drove about 12 hours total but I'm old. Anyway ,great show. At first I was a little disappointed that the set list was basically what I saw in Vegas both nights mostly because their production manager gave the interview a few days ago where he said they rehearsed every song they know. Now ,while that may have been an exaggeration on his part, I guess I expected some kind of rarities but it wasn't to be at least this show. As I thought about it I realized that most fans go to one show per tour. So while most of us would love a Pearl Jam-like mixing up of the set list,it probably will never happen. At least in my section people took a seat  and talked during "This I Love" I know not everyone is super nerdy about GNR like us but to spend upwards of $150 on a show and talk during it is kind of lame to me. Anyway,I had fun and I'll be at Toronto but I think that's it for me for a while. Next year I'm gonna need new tunes or Steven/Izzy to get me pumped again but being the GNR nerd I am,I'm sure I'll be at few shows even if those things don't happen.  I didn't take any pics/videos during the show. There's no point when there will be tons of them ,in much better quality up the same night. 

1 hour ago, scooby845 said:

Anyone care to post the merchandise they bought?

Nothing. I guess $45 shirts is the norm now? I got a decent bootleg tour shirt for $10 outside of the venue that I can post later if nobody else has. They wanted $20,I said $10 and I'm sure they still made $5 on the sale. We'll see how it looks once I wash it. 

Edited by Subtle Signs

Anybody else have screw up with their flash seats ? They screwe'd up and people's seats on the floor were double/triple booked around us. Had a table at rear of floor with employees to fix all the mistakes. Couple were trying to kick me out of my own seats during gnr because they had bought the same tickets. Paper tickets next time.:wacko:

Edited by AxlRoseHaulsAss

6 minutes ago, yourcrazy said:

Great show.  Totally thrilled.  Probably the best he's sounded since the old days.  I ended up getting the overpriced $50 poster.  

It's not overpriced when people are buying it. Cool thing to have. I got the poster from 1988 with them sitting on the floor hanging up in my garage. (It's hammered- hung on probably 20 different walls of places I have lived). 

41 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

It's not overpriced when people are buying it. Cool thing to have. I got the poster from 1988 with them sitting on the floor hanging up in my garage. (It's hammered- hung on probably 20 different walls of places I have lived). 

Yeah, I love how each city gets special artwork. Definitely the most special piece of merch you can buy. So, 50 bucks for the litho? Why not, all things considered?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

Yeah, I love how each city gets special artwork. Definitely the most special piece of merch you can buy. So, 50 bucks for the litho? Why not, all things considered?

I really hope KC has a special shirt like you guys in Detroit had- like the one with the Vette and the shifter on the back. Maybe a cowboy & Indian theme? I don't know. But yeah- I love the city specific stuff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I really hope KC has a special shirt like you guys in Detroit had- like the one with the Vette and the shifter on the back. Maybe a cowboy & Indian theme? I don't know. But yeah- I love the city specific stuff.

I'm sure each show gets its own special artwork with a shirt and lithograph option. So far the Trobadour, both Vegas shows, Coachella, and Detroit had those. I don't think Mexico City did, though

• Like 1