06/23/16 - Detroit - Ford Field (More Pre-Party Info, Pg 10)

downzy

5 minutes ago, barryn said:

Did the lithographs sell out immediately or did you have no trouble buying them?

They were available by the time Guns came out. Most vendors seemed out by the time the show ended but they weren't that hard to buy. You can't get them once the showner is done, though.

The first merch truck apparently sold out quick but once you got inside they were easy to purchase

8 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

They were available by the time Guns came out. Most vendors seemed out by the time the show ended but they weren't that hard to buy. You can't get them once the showner is done, though.

The first merch truck apparently sold out quick but once you got inside they were easy to purchase

That's good to know. Thanks!

41 minutes ago, Randy Jesus said:

Awesome video of SCOM

I love it, but after all these years it sounds incomplete without the third guitarist.

That was fn incredible.. Just watched 3 times in a row

The moment when Slash looks up at Axl after the solo and points towards him... Holy shit...

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, SWINGTRADER said:

I never said the show sucked. I think it is the best show since 1993 Argentina. I think fake GNR was a complete joke even when Axl had strong vocals in 2010. So Axl doesn't have to be 100% vocally for the show to kick ass. The entire band was tight(except for Frank) and they put on an entertaining show. For the first time in 23 years, we got a GNR concert. I can't wait for the San Diego show. I am more excited about  it after watching this Detroit concert.

My problem with Axl is that we now have something else to compare his vocals. Had Axl never joined ACDC, I would have been praising him for his vocals with GN on Thursday. I would have assumed that he has lost the power in his voice, but still put on a great effort. Many of us got really excited listening to the ACDC shows because we figured his vocal coach and motivation had improved his voice and he was going transfer that to the GNR tour. We assumed he was going to be vocally stronger than he was at Coachella. Obviously that didn't happen and people are making excuses for it now. 

this notion that Axl is not using rasp because the recordings on the album didn't have any is ridiculous. If that was the case he wouldn't use rasp on any of the GNR songs he sang on Thursday. The fact of the matter is he did use rasp on a few and sounded good. That to me tells me that he is intentionally turning it off on some songs. Why would Axl prefer to sing in his clean voice if he was trying to sound good? He no longer has a powerful clean voice, he lost that many years ago. His clean voice is so weak it is cringeworthy. I think he knows this, but just doesn't care.Axl is a mystery to me. What was his motivation to sing powerfully in 2010? Why did he turn it on? Why now that he is reunited with Duff and Slash is it not motivation/incentive to return to that voice? I have no idea. 

The Axl of ACDC is the Axl of GNR of 2010. He can choose to go to that voice whenever he wants. This to me angers me a bit. Axl could sing paradise city strongly if he wanted to. 

This is how I feel about the situation, and I am sure many will disagree.

p.s Somebody tell Axl to stop singing during Slash guitar parts at the beginning of PC. It sounds silly and it messes everything up for the whistle part.

I don't think you can compare this to AC/DC. They are differents styles, and they have over 20 more shows, and that AC/DC stuff too, and maybe more in the future. Would it not be sad if he blow out his voice? And i thought he sounded great, the best in some years.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

not sure if posted yet, but check it out... looks like we are in for some surprises this tour: 

13501769_548424772011506_545287165510661

looks like Out Ta Get Me and My Michelle will switch every other night, same with Don't Cry and Patience.  

PERFECT FUCKING CRIME though... damn. 

Wtf Sorry ?!?! 

That I don't particularly care to hear. Inappropriate considering the lyrics, too

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lassie said:

I don't think you can compare this to AC/DC. They are differents styles, and they have over 20 more shows, and that AC/DC stuff too, and maybe more in the future. Would it not be sad if he blow out his voice? And i thought he sounded great, the best in some years.

100% agreed!

• Like 1

Axl looks the best he has in years. Hands down.

2002 I just couldn't reconcile in my brain that the guy on stage with the cornrows was the same guy I'd seen 9 years previously. 2006 was better, but still bizarre. 2010 onwards he looked much better but had fashion (and moustache) issues .

2016 Axl is a complete throwback to the vintage years, in terms of how he looks and sounds on stage. Kinda like an aged version of his Yesterday's video look. 

• Like 1