06/23/16 - Detroit - Ford Field (More Pre-Party Info, Pg 10)

downzy

NITLDetroit.png

Wednesday, June 23, 2016

Detroit, MI

Ford Stadium

Capacity: 80,000

Opener: Alice In Chains

Forum Members Attending:

RussTCB, gunsguy, billsguy, ZoSoRose, misfitx77, KURT19, Iron MikeyJ,
agszilla, BigD62, yourcrazy, Subtle Signs, Wagszilla, Gorthar, Downzy,
Powerage5, Ghost_Guns, grubby, fallingred85, GoBucky, GNRchickCLE, EddieMoney

Setlist:

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Chinese Democracy

Welcome to the Jungle

Double Talkin' Jive

Estranged

Rocket Queen

You Could Be Mine

You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory / Raw Power

This I Love

Civil War

Coma

Sweet Child O' Mine

Better

Out Ta Get Me

November Rain

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Nightrain

Don't Cry

The Seeker

Paradise City

VIDEOS:

FULL SHOW

News:

Edited by gunsguy
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Is anyone else kinda cheesed off by this whole "flash seat" thing? I can't even get actual tickets... Sometimes I hate the modern world we live. Seriously just mail me some freaking tickets.

I had the iption For a hard tufjet Being mailed

Sorrt fir typis, phone sucjs

Jesus christ

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

I had the iption For a hard tufjet Being mailed

Sorrt fir typis, phone sucjs

Jesus christ

My wife did it for us, and she couldn't figure out how to get the tickets mailed. So now we are stuck with stupid flash seats. Im gonna look into changing that.

My wife is fighting with box office right now, trying to figure out this ticket issue. The web site never gave us an option besides flash seats. The drop box would not work. 

She is a good fighter, hopefully we can get it figured out. Without paying the $20 few that they want to charge. 

1 hour ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

My wife is fighting with box office right now, trying to figure out this ticket issue. The web site never gave us an option besides flash seats. The drop box would not work. 

She is a good fighter, hopefully we can get it figured out. Without paying the $20 few that they want to charge. 

Isn't a flash ticket like a PDF? It has to be since there's a ton of seats up on Stubhub now that are all downloadable.

15 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

My wife and I will be there also.

Section 128, row 27, seats 16 and 17.

I'm 128,Row 22. See ya there. We're pretty close to side stage and on Slash's side. I think just to move over to the next two closer sections it would've been about $100 more including fees.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yourcrazy said:

I accidentally screwed up and ended up with the flash seats too.  Does anyone low if that can be changed to mail them or print them. 

We've been talking to the Ford Field box office all day, and basically all you can do is pay ANOTHER $20 for them to send you real tickets. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal, but to the gnr reunion show.... I want REAL tickets.

1 hour ago, yourcrazy said:

I accidentally screwed up and ended up with the flash seats too.  Does anyone low if that can be changed to mail them or print them. 

We've been talking to the Ford Field box office all day, and basically all you can do is pay ANOTHER $20 for them to send you real tickets. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal, but to the gnr reunion show.... I want REAL tickets.

BTW, the show is on a THURSDAY, not Wednesday. It states the wrong day in the OP.

3 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Fuck that. They already put about  $50 in service fees on two tickets. Like I said once these are sent in two weeks,I'm sure you have the opportunity to print them or mail them to a friend electronically as a PDF file.

6 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

My wife did it for us, and she couldn't figure out how to get the tickets mailed. So now we are stuck with stupid flash seats. Im gonna look into changing that.

I have had flash seats for 2 concerts in Detroit in the last year and there was absolutely no problem at all. Scan you credit card at the door and they have handheld scanners and you get a printout that looks like a small ticket. It does suck however if you save your tickets but you do get something that has your seat number, row and section and artist name.

can I highjack this thread? I am from friendly/polite Toronto...and I am/was (??) willing to take the 4 hour drive to your lovely city....by myself (yikes)....but my husband is against it (he's threatening to take up motorcycling if I go) and I'm scirrrred. I was trying to convince a strong friend to come but she won't take time off from work to go. Is this a pipe dream? I just know if you google "detroit" travel advisories come up.... TIA  *wishing right about now I was a 6 foot 4 muscle head guy*

4 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Parking downtown can be a pain in the ass. For events, the parking lots charge $20-40. If you find a good spot you'll pay $10-20 and need to walk a bit.

I would park at Z Lot which is ~0.50 miles away and I think it cost me either $15 or $20 when I went to a NFL Game in December. I would get there early because it tends to get backed up before and after the events. 

As far as safety, Downtown Detroit has fine in my experience, although I'm not a woman!

I will be getting there with a friend quite early to ensure I get a good GA spot, so if you want to hang out with us, we'll have to chat closer to the even to nail down specifics.

How'd you get GA?

1 minute ago, Wagszilla said:

Parking downtown can be a pain in the ass. For events, the parking lots charge $20-40. If you find a good spot you'll pay $10-20 and need to walk a bit.

I would park at Z Lot which is ~0.50 miles away and I think it cost me either $15 or $20 when I went to a NFL Game in December. I would get there early because it tends to get backed up before and after the events. 

As far as safety, Downtown Detroit has fine in my experience, although I'm not a woman!

I will be getting there with a friend quite early to ensure I get a good GA spot, so if you want to hang out with us, we'll have to chat closer to the even to nail down specifics.

I even read online that they'll kidnap you and use you for trafficking (obviously you can't believe everything you read online)...I do have street smarts but I am by no way "rough" (for peets sake I'm going to get my hair "did" for the Las Vegas show this weekend)...so I'm not too sure if I have the guts to go out there on my own. Thanks for the offer of hanging out w/ you and your bud as long as you're not a car jacker/pimp/hobos/etc...but I will keep it in mind. I myself would LOVE a GA ticket...are there any left in Detroit? (for all other GNR shows I've mainly done GA...front row usually lol...)