06/23/16 - Detroit - Ford Field (More Pre-Party Info, Pg 10)

downzy

On 4/4/2016 at 10:03 AM, Iron MikeyJ said:

My wife is fighting with box office right now, trying to figure out this ticket issue. The web site never gave us an option besides flash seats. The drop box would not work. 

She is a good fighter, hopefully we can get it figured out. Without paying the $20 few that they want to charge. 

Did your wife every get anywhere with this?

I was in the same boat; website only offered me Flash Seats. I figured I'd wait until they were delivered, then just pay the damn $20 to convert them but I can't even do that. When I log into my Flash Seats account, I see my GN'R tickets but there's only an option that says "Convert Paper Tickets To Flash Seats". I see absolutely no option to convert them the other way around.

I haven't called them yet, but I thought I'd ask what the experience was here before trying.

For anyone still looking for good seats, it appears they opened a "side view seats" option on fordfield.com for section 333 for 63.50 per ticket.  Looks like a pretty great deal for those seats!

Edit: Just grabbed 2 front row up there for some friends!  Still some front row left!

Edit2: about 2300 tickets total left (did that counting thing bc I was bored).  The new section has about 400 more seats available.  Looks like they are very happy with sales and trying to squeeze a few more seats out.  I'm very impressed with the Detroit ticket sales!

Edited by billsguy
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, billsguy said:

For anyone still looking for good seats, it appears they opened a "side view seats" option on fordfield.com for section 333 for 63.50 per ticket.  Looks like a pretty great deal for those seats!

Edit: Just grabbed 2 front row up there for some friends!  Still some front row left!

Edit2: about 2300 tickets total left (did that counting thing bc I was bored).  The new section has about 400 more seats available.  Looks like they are very happy with sales and trying to squeeze a few more seats out.  I'm very impressed with the Detroit ticket sales!

Would you have any idea how I convert Flash Seats to regular hard tickets? See my post above please. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I highly doubt you can convert flash seats to paper tickets.  In addition to being easy to get in with just an ID or credit card attached to your account, the big perk of flash seats is that they take a hefty ~23% fee to sell on their website, and it's really the only way to do so.  Otherwise you can sell privately and "transfer" to the buyer but its not a protected sale.  They really don't care too much about us getting memorable paper tickets...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, billsguy said:

I highly doubt you can convert flash seats to paper tickets.  In addition to being easy to get in with just an ID or credit card attached to your account, the big perk of flash seats is that they take a hefty ~23% fee to sell on their website, and it's really the only way to do so.  Otherwise you can sell privately and "transfer" to the buyer but its not a protected sale.  They really don't care too much about us getting memorable paper tickets...

OK, cool. Thanks for the info. I doubt I'd care if I had an actual ticket after the show anyway so flash is probably just fine for me. 

On 4/14/2016 at 6:09 PM, RussTCB said:

Did your wife every get anywhere with this?

I was in the same boat; website only offered me Flash Seats. I figured I'd wait until they were delivered, then just pay the damn $20 to convert them but I can't even do that. When I log into my Flash Seats account, I see my GN'R tickets but there's only an option that says "Convert Paper Tickets To Flash Seats". I see absolutely no option to convert them the other way around.

I haven't called them yet, but I thought I'd ask what the experience was here before trying.

No luck. Pay 20 bucks, that's all you can do. Bastards.

31 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Wait. So I can still switch them to hard tickets? Do I have to call them to do so?

Yes, it is my understanding this is what you have to do. There is no way to "manually" convert them to good old fashioned hold-in-your-hand tickets. When I was on hold with the Flash Seats customer service, I recall a recorded message stating that if you wanted to convert your electronic tickets to physical tickets there would be a twenty dollar charge. As far as I'm concerned it is just another way to squeeze even more money out of that ticket. I had considered doing this myself but since the tickets have been released and they now show up in the app on my phone I may just let it ride.

2 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

@RussTCB use your moderator clout and get me a press pass. I'll give you some photos as MyGNR exclusives! :P

@DieselDaisy You buy them online, they scan a QR code at the venue, and give you the cheapest looking ticket you've seen in your life at the gate. 

One more question sir.

What is a QR code haha?

Modern life. What a bunch of bollocks.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2016 at 1:48 PM, Ghost_Guns said:

Man, this show is going to rock. Meet up? :hug:

I have plans in place for a pre-party. I'll post more details as the show approaches. 

9 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

@RussTCB use your moderator clout and get me a press pass. I'll give you some photos as MyGNR exclusives! :P

@DieselDaisy You buy them online, they scan a QR code at the venue, and give you the cheapest looking ticket you've seen in your life at the gate. 

I wish I had enough clout to hook anyone up with anything :lol:

9 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

You download an app on your phone (Flash Seats) and login with your email address.

Then you go to "My Tickets" or some shite like that and then something like this shows up:

VSKIpgd.png

Then you give your phone to the cunt working the arena and that cunt scans the code like a bar code at the grocery store which serves as your ticket.

He then says to you, Daisy you fuck, behave yourself at the show or else I'll get that big cunt to toss you on your ass. Now here's your ticket. Go enjoy the show and try to forget you're paying for that dirty ginger's dentures. 

I think I explained things well.

And if your phones dead you are out of luck!

Give me old fashioned tickets any day. I used to love it in the pre-ticketmaster days when tickets used to resemble artworks.

14 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

And if your phones dead you are out of luck!

Give me old fashioned tickets any day. I used to love it in the pre-ticketmaster days when tickets used to resemble artworks.

No, you register with some form of ID in the app/website (credit card, Drivers License etc) and they can issue you your ticket that way as well. I was pretty skeptical of this crap myself but I have downloaded the app into my phone and the tickets DO in fact show up now that they've been released by whoever is in charge of that.