06/23/16 - Detroit - Ford Field (More Pre-Party Info, Pg 10)

downzy

12 hours ago, DanielCT said:

It looks like I may actually be making it to the Detroit show. I live in Connecticut, but the company I work for has a manufacturing facility in Ferndale. I found out today I have to make a business trip out there, so I'm trying to schedule it around the GnR show. They don't know that of course. So really my company will be paying for my airfare, hotel, and rental car to come see the show, having to do only minimal work while I'm there. I love it when a plan comes together.

If possible, try to get yourself a hotel somewhere between the Livonia and downtown Detroit areas and join us at the pre-party!

5 hours ago, jthunders13 said:

Hey I'm from Dearborn. Didn't get to meet u in Vegas but I think I'm in for pre-party in Detroit.

Did you see the info about the part at my place? If you're in Dearborn I'm not too far from you at all, you're welcome to join us.

47 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

If possible, try to get yourself a hotel somewhere between the Livonia and downtown Detroit areas and join us at the pre-party!

Did you see the info about the part at my place? If you're in Dearborn I'm not too far from you at all, you're welcome to join us.

I would love to come to the party - thank you very much for the invite. I'll try to get the trip booked next week so everything is set in stone. Typically I stay in Madison Heights but I'll look for something a little closer down towards Livonia.

Just now, DanielCT said:

I would love to come to the party - thank you very much for the invite. I'll try to get the trip booked next week so everything is set in stone. Typically I stay in Madison Heights but I'll look for something a little closer down towards Livonia.

Madison Heights wouldn't be too bad actually. You'd be about 25/30 minutes from my place for the party, then Ford Field is about 20 mins from there for all of us to hit the show.

• Like 1

I didn't add up the seats or anything, but it looks like there's 800 or so tickets left as of now. The most available are in sections 108 & 124 for some reason. The other sections left have 1 - 4 single seats avaialble. Looks like a sell out is upon us.

But take a look at Section 109...

It's wide open.  

This is a direct result of the evil nature of the ticket business.  The powers to be hold back HUGE blocks of tickets in an attempt to thwart the secondary market.  

These "hold backs" are sporadically released so that the buyer should never have to look elsewhere besides the direct source.

4 hours ago, KURT19 said:

But take a look at Section 109...

It's wide open.  

This is a direct result of the evil nature of the ticket business.  The powers to be hold back HUGE blocks of tickets in an attempt to thwart the secondary market.  

These "hold backs" are sporadically released so that the buyer should never have to look elsewhere besides the direct source.

Yeah. Words cannot describe how much I hate the ticket business. 

• Like 2

On 4/29/2016 at 7:54 AM, RussTCB said:

Madison Heights wouldn't be too bad actually. You'd be about 25/30 minutes from my place for the party, then Ford Field is about 20 mins from there for all of us to hit the show.

My trip is booked, I'll be out in the area from the 22nd through the 24th. Staying in Madison Heights. No ticket to the show yet, but will pick one up when payday hits at the end of next week. That's a consequence of spending way too much on the GnR shows out my way, along with McCartney, ELO, etc. I'll probably leave work by 4 at the latest on the night of the show, sooner if I can. Generally my company's facility is a ghost town after 3 or so. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. This will be my first GnR show is just over 25 years.

Dan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wagszilla said:

There's a rumor going around that I may make t-shirts for this show. 

Hold the door open for me and tell me I'm pretty and you may be the beneficiary thereof. 

That'd be rad. 

I just have to say, I'm almost more excited for the preparty at Russ' than I am for the gig itself. Besides the fact that Russ' music center is absolutely bitching (And I can attest to that personally), this is probably going to be one of the biggest get-together of MyGNR members ever, including at least 4 staff members. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I just have to say, I'm almost more excited for the preparty at Russ' than I am for the gig itself. Besides the fact that Russ' music center is absolutely bitching (And I can attest to that personally), this is probably going to be one of the biggest get-together of MyGNR members ever, including at least 4 staff members. 

Yeah, his pad is sweet. I was blown away

On 5/7/2016 at 6:46 PM, billsguy said:

Sold 

How'd you sell your tickets? No one's touching mine. ..

• Like 1

On 5/2/2016 at 5:28 PM, DanielCT said:

My trip is booked, I'll be out in the area from the 22nd through the 24th. Staying in Madison Heights. No ticket to the show yet, but will pick one up when payday hits at the end of next week. That's a consequence of spending way too much on the GnR shows out my way, along with McCartney, ELO, etc. I'll probably leave work by 4 at the latest on the night of the show, sooner if I can. Generally my company's facility is a ghost town after 3 or so. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. This will be my first GnR show is just over 25 years.

Dan

Want to buy my ticket? I'll give you a good price below face!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Yeah, his pad is sweet. I was blown away

6 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Same. I think UYI II is the first thing we spun when I was there. Jaw on the floor.

Thanks for the kind words y'all. I think I mentioned this when either of you were here, but that whole set up has been years in the making. Events like this were exactly what I had in mind when I had the original idea, so this is gonna be awesome.

I just told someone the other day that I'm almost as excited for the pre-party as I am the actual show, so I'm glad I'm not the only one lol

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Want to buy my ticket? I'll give you a good price below face!

What section - how much? Thank you for offering, it's very much appreciated.

Also, can you transfer the tickets through the flash seats website, similar to what you can do through TM? Then have me pay you through that?

Edited by DanielCT
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DanielCT said:

What section - how much? Thank you for offering, it's very much appreciated.

Also, can you transfer the tickets through the flash seats website, similar to what you can do through TM? Then have me pay you through that?

Its section A, row 21. Closer to the center Aisle so its a good view. I paid 285 but will sell it to a forum member for 200!

And I actually opted for a hard tocket so I can mail it to yoi, meet up, or give it to you at the show

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Its section A, row 21. Closer to the center Aisle so its a good view. I paid 285 but will sell it to a forum member for 200!

And I actually opted for a hard tocket so I can mail it to yoi, meet up, or give it to you at the show

I'll take it - sent you a PM.

Thanks!

• Like 1

On 5/7/2016 at 5:30 PM, Wagszilla said:

There's a rumor going around that I may make t-shirts for this show. 

Hold the door open for me and tell me I'm pretty and you may be the beneficiary thereof. 

You're pretty.