06/26/16 - Washington D.C - Fedex Field

downzy

10 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Bingo.  You hit the nail on the head and this is what I've said a new album would mostly be comprised of, imo, if it does happen. 

We can dream. 

I would love to hear atlas, Soulmonster, general, checkmate.....with Slash and Duff adding their magic to them b

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

Double Talkin' Jive was great. November Rain was probably great but... :facepalm:

5 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i don't want to be rude or unappreciatve but the person singing...sorry :(

:rofl-lol:

Not his fault that he couldn't control himself in such an amazing concert. But yeah, he spoiled it for others watching the video. :tongue2:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gooner14 said:

I'm not a singer but when I sing along to the last verse in coma, it becomes nigh impossible to not lose my breath and I am not putting half the effort axl probably is. So kudos to him, at 54, to be able to do 2.5 hour shows consistently. 

I don't know, bruh. This guy seems to nail it.

21 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

15 minutes ago, nikosgnr said:

I have a gift for you.

Thanks!! :headbang:

Great quality!

Now that I hear the audio more clearly, I think this is by far the best guitar tone ever in the history of November Rain live performances. So damn close to the album tone. Even the Detroit performance wasn't this good. This one is simply perfection. And Slash is playing much more relaxed than the performances in the first leg of the tour. 

Axl is great too and Frank has improved a lot! Magical!

Edited by 22frets
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Naupis said:

Slash has taken that solo into the stratosphere. It is orders of magnitude better than the original, and makes me weep that Axl ever thought Finck was a suitable replacement for this guy.

I love that it's never the same each night. Sounded cool with Axl leaving out the last chorus and just letting the solo stand alone.

• Like 1

God, this concert was absolutely perfect, and that's based on some LQ youtube clips. Axl sounds so confident, he moves like Axl Rose, Slash's tone is perfect, Duff is Duff, Frank's tempo is getting much better, the band seem to be getting along great and having a good time playing together...Damn! I'm praying they come to Europe next year so I can experience this in person. Might even make up with my former best friend and go together in the spirit of Slaxl. :lol:

14 minutes ago, SurfsUp said:

slash's this i love solo is garbage.

I don't get how everyone loves Slash's TIL solo when he changes it every night. 

Just play the solo as it was written. The extra noodling does that fit that song at all. The actual solo is simple and fits. It's not like slash can't play it. Even DJ who sucked almost got it right. There is no doubt it will sound better with Slash playing it than DJ.

I just don't understand why slash feels the need to put his stamp on the song. It's clearly an unnecessary ego thing. It's not like he will lose credibility by playing what was written.

Even more puzzling are the loss drooling after each take. Also strange is how everyone loved Slash's take on the TWAT solo because he didn't stray too far from the original.

IDK seems very contradicting to me and makes me think Slash could play the solo on 1 string and everyone will eat it up and talk about how great it is

• Like 1

I'm a Slash to the grave fan and never even considered seeing the NuGNR lineups, and even I much prefer the album version of the TIL solo.  Not sure what some like so much about what Slash is doing...he's kinda just improvising..it sounds OK because he's Slash, but I don't see how it's at all better than what's on the record.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

I don't know, bruh. This guy seems to nail it.

First off, no offense to whoever that is, but it is generally terrible.  The whole thing.  Second, nail it?  No, he's off pitch and it's clearly way out of his range to do it justice.

this is the thing about Coma...very, very difficult to sing the end of that song anywhere near the way it was recorded, not sure it can even be done In a live setting justifiably.

• Like 1