06/26/16 - Washington D.C - Fedex Field

downzy

20 minutes ago, DexAxl said:

Is it that hard to understand that he is great on AC/DC songs because almost all of them are full rasp and those songs fit his voice right now? He completly lost his mid range and can't sing anyithing perfectly that isn't full rasp he is shit on NR and SCOM because he needs clean voice which he don't have anymore.

he is great on AC/DC songs :)  but i love him on GN'R songs too and i think he sounds really good...

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

Some of you guys are ridiculous! Axl is 54 years old. I can't think of another frontman who sings at that level at that age. I know  we all don't share the same opinion, but if don't like how he sounds, why are you here? Why do some of you have to be so critical and negative. Go to a show, I highly doubt you'll be disappointed. Being there gives such a whole different vibe to everything, as it's suppose to. If you hate the way he sounds, just stay home and instead of watching streams or YouTube clips, stick to the albums. A year ago this idea of Axl and Slash on the same stage, or even GNR doing a stadium tour was totally out of the question. Now we have it! Enjoy it, it's better than anything else going on in rock. Me personally, I couldn't be happier. The show last night was amazing! 

Well said mate, he does amazing for his age. Rock on :headbang:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DexAxl said:

Is it that hard to understand that he is great on AC/DC songs because almost all of them are full rasp and those songs fit his voice right now? He completly lost his mid range and can't sing anyithing perfectly that isn't full rasp he is shit on NR and SCOM because he needs clean voice which he don't have anymore.

Yes sadly it has gone his mid range, but but he still is awesome on many songs, and nice to see.

7 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

he is great on AC/DC songs :)  but i love him on GN'R songs to and i think he sounds really good...

I think that he is good on GNR too, and it's stupid that people compare Axl's singing on AC/DC and GNR because in AC/DC you don't really have songs like NR, SCOM or Estranged.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

Some of you guys are ridiculous! Axl is 54 years old. I can't think of another frontman who sings at that level at that age. I know  we all don't share the same opinion, but if don't like how he sounds, why are you here? Why do some of you have to be so critical and negative. Go to a show, I highly doubt you'll be disappointed. Being there gives such a whole different vibe to everything, as it's suppose to. If you hate the way he sounds, just stay home and instead of watching streams or YouTube clips, stick to the albums. A year ago this idea of Axl and Slash on the same stage, or even GNR doing a stadium tour was totally out of the question. Now we have it! Enjoy it, it's better than anything else going on in rock. Me personally, I couldn't be happier. The show last night was amazing! 

lol sorry but when people like you say all those things i cannot help but to read it with this voice! :lol:

16 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

he is great on AC/DC songs :)  but i love him on GN'R songs too and i think he sounds really good...

Exactly!

And Axl may not sound like he did for 20-30 years ago, or not even like 2006. But I can still love what he's doing nowadays. Axl still got an expression like no one else and can still take those highest notes in an amazing way. That's more than enough for me.

• Like 2

Just now, Gerbos said:

Exactly!

And Axl may not sound like he did for 20-30 years ago, or not even like 2006. But I can still love what he's doing nowadays. Axl still got an expression like no one else and can still take those highest notes in an amazing way. That's more than enough for me.

he's getting better and better too IMO...and i am LOVING it!

• Like 1

What a fun show. I pretty much ate my two extra Pit tickets since they were not sold out of them all the way through the opening act. I did however meet a guy from my coastal town down South who I gladly helped join the pit with me halfway through the show for $100. I really enjoyed KOHD. There was a lot of energy there for that song. I was also glad they added in Patience. Really looking forward to the Atlanta show in July. I may either stay in the pit side with duff and fortus or exchange my ticket for the Slash side again. Here are a few shots I got while at the show last night:

5eu5he8.jpg

5gu578h.jpg

56u5eugehuh.jpg

8g56g6tgjui877.jpg

8gjtb786j85g.jpg

65g6hg.jpg

65g76y8hy.jpg

86gj8j6tg.jpg

86tgbttbhji.jpg

86tgvttbyn.jpg

86th86tgh86tbh.jpg

87tg8tg6tg.jpg

876tg8b.jpg

g5uh3uj4ju.jpg

What's the deal about people being pulled backstage? I just read it on another GnR discussion that random people just got a backstage pass after the concert. How? Is that what the official GnR twitter or instagram post was all about? That you should tweet which seat/section you're in and you might get a surprise? To do what, meet the band? Or get a tour behind the scenes like you get in some of the VIP packages? I'm VERY curious!

Edited by NorwegianGirl
  • Like 1

Everyone needs to ignore these stupid trolls who keep commenting on Axls voice. 

I cant be the only one sick of seeing the word mickey on every page and in the chat during every song of every performance, and after every performance, its ridiculous. 

Stop spending your time on here trashing Axl. I come here to read about the band and the shows. I dont have the time to sift through mickey this and rasp that. You guys clearly have too much time on your hands to sit here, trash and put down someone on a website devoted to the band in which you all spend an enormous amount of time on, i mean you must with all the comparisons and such..... 

Simple, if you dont like the way Axl sounds, great! Stop watching the video's sell your tickets to the show you will attend and never come on here again. Thats what a normal disappointed fan would do, move on.

Edited by Redout
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, NorwegianGirl said:

What's the deal about people being pulled backstage? I just read it on another GnR discussion that random people just got a backstage pass after the concert. How? Is that what the official GnR twitter or instagram post was all about? That you should tweet which seat/section you're in and you might get a surprise? To do what, meet the band? Or get a tour behind the scenes like you get in some of the VIP packages? I'm VERY curious!

that was the surprise? i also saw on twitter there would be surprises;  going backstage unexpectedly would be the best surprise ever for me :P

3 minutes ago, NorwegianGirl said:

idk! I just got an email explaining why some haven't gotten their Nightrain membership merchandise (thankfully I have!) and then it says people are encouraged to wear the lanyard because "you never know who's watching" 

9 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

that was the surprise? i also saw on twitter there would be surprises;  going backstage unexpectedly would be the best surprise ever for me :P

It seems so? These are the posts I read (without mentioning any names):

" Girl in front of me got pulled backstage...grrr "

&

" some drunk mom and daughter behind us, got pulled too. The sad part is, the daughter asked which side of the Slash would be on, yet she gets to go back. "

7 minutes ago, Mandy123 said:

idk! I just got an email explaining why some haven't gotten their Nightrain membership merchandise (thankfully I have!) and then it says people are encouraged to wear the lanyard because "you never know who's watching" 

:blink:

And now I asked if it was to get a backstage tour or meet and band and someone replied it was to meet the band!

Edited by NorwegianGirl
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NorwegianGirl said:

It seems so? These are the posts I read (without mentioning any names):

" Girl in front of me got pulled backstage...grrr "

&

" some drunk mom and daughter behind us, got pulled too. The sad part is, the daughter asked which side of the Slash would be on, yet she gets to go back. "

:blink:

wow that sucks. i guess it's random though?