06/26/16 - Washington D.C - Fedex Field

downzy

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i actually read somewhere that if you see a gaggle of like super models at a concert to hang by them and then when they get picked to go backstage you just pretend to be with them and yuu get to go backstage as well :P

probably, i was front row at London 2012 and there were tons of hot chicks, it felt like the vip - i was probably just distracted by the epic lateness of the concert went to almost 3am

• Like 1

Just now, double talkin jive mfkr said:

probably, i was front row at London 2012 and there were tons of hot chicks, it felt like the vip - i was probably just distracted by the epic lateness of the concert went to almost 3am

it was a cool article they gave some other tips how to get backstage at concerts. wow 3 a.m.? what time did it start?

Thanks for the picture compliments @AxlsFavoriteRose. This was my third time seeing GN'R (2006 & 2011) and the first time I've been able to take pictures. And I had front row for both of my previous shows. I've got GA for Cincinnati, Nashville, and Pittsburgh, so I'll be sure to post my pics from those shows as well. I was kind of worried because my low battery light came on during the first few songs. And they were brand new batteries lol. Oh well. Go figure. I hope everyone had fun at the show!

• Like 1

Just now, superdave said:

Thanks for the picture compliments @AxlsFavoriteRose. This was my third time seeing GN'R (2006 & 2011) and the first time I've been able to take pictures. And I had front row for both of my previous shows. I've got GA for Cincinnati, Nashville, and Pittsburgh, so I'll be sure to post my pics from those shows as well. I was kind of worried because my low battery light came on during the first few songs. And they were brand new batteries lol. Oh well. Go figure. I hope everyone had fun at the show!

cool! looking forward to your pics :) i saw them in Vegas but hoping to see them in SF in August if i can swing it :P

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

cool! looking forward to your pics :) i saw them in Vegas but hoping to see them in SF in August if i can swing it :P

Hope you can make it to the SF show. DC was a 6.5 hour drive and the farthest show I plan on going to. I never thought this tour would happen!

10 hours ago, gnfnr2k said:

so he shouldn't sound like this 

or this

Id take those two over what he is doing now wiht his weak mickey voice

You are comparing two extremities though. SCOM was sung differently during the AFD era. Neither the UYI-era SCOM or the NITL-era SCOM accurately represent how the song was originally sung.

Axl sang his material with a great amount of rasp during the 90's, and as a result, most people consider that as the standard. During the AFD era though, Axl sang with less rasp and greater control.

Axl may have less power now, but i think he is currently displaying a great range of technical proficiency. Certainly, Axl's current renditions of songs like Nightrain and Out ta Get Me sound similar to how they did during the AFD era. You shouldn't judge him on one song, especially one which has been sung differently for the last 30 years.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Pedrolg said:

Some songs such as SCOM remain weak in terms of performance, but shit, I wonder how it must feel for Axl to sing that - even I'm fed up with listening to it. Some GNR songs have been around for so much time, and have been played so many times, they are almost imprinted in half the world's minds. 

I agree. Some songs are weaker. The answer to this must be...... Release new music. Then Axl will have something new to sing. But it wont happen soon. 

In my next life I want to be Melissa Reese! A kickass, supertalented cutie that got a gig of her lifetime and gets all the love from both Axl, Slash and the rest of the guys. GO GIRL! YOU ROCK!:headbang:

And, may I say, poor Dizzy. :lol: He's been in this band for over 20 years and yet, nobody ever notices him. And A GIRL that's been around for only 2 months allready won us over. Sorry Diswald :P

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, nn18 said:

In my next life I want to be Melissa Reese! A kickass, supertalented cutie that got a gig of her lifetime and gets all the love from both Axl, Slash and the rest of the guys. GO GIRL! YOU ROCK!:headbang:

And, may I say, poor Dizzy. :lol: He's been in this band for over 20 years and yet, nobody ever notices him. And A GIRL that's been around for only 2 months allready won us over. Sorry Diswald :P

She's awesome, I love her being in the band! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tsinindy said:

While I'm complaining....Civiil War last night was on point in every single way possible.  Phenomenal!

Agree by all accounts!! I give myself right to say Civil War is the best sounding GnR song in their setlist.. Tempo-wise especially!! I feel like it's blasting on all cylinders - you know it's not being 'trapped' in itself but rocking so hard even camcorder cannot grasp it!! Close seconds spots are Coma and Estranged!!

16 hours ago, Top-Hatted One said:

That was atrocious! He's out of tune and out of time. Nevermind the fact that he screws up the words.

It is a very difficult outro to sing in your car without getting out of breathe. YCBM outro might be even tougher actually. 

I sing and I've had years of training when I was younger. There are exercises you do to be able to stretch out notes while limiting the breathes you need and you learn when you can sneak a breathe in. In all the years of gnr cover bands and youtube videos I've yet to see someone match my Axl rasp. I struggle with the breathing now that I don't get regular training. Your vocals cord is a muscle. It is only natural that with the throat surgery and all the years of inactivity Axl would suffer a bit but that's why he has a vocal coach. When he is on his game it is quite obvious he has training and doesn't just roll out of bed one day and decides to go tour the world.  

You can't expect Axl to run around for 3hrs at 54 and nail it each and every time. As the tour rolls along his vocal cord will strengthen, he will be in better shape physically and won't get out of breathe as much.

Damn right, and he sounds bad this dude, oh dear.

8 hours ago, emybdc said:

I'm intrigued by these backstage passes. Did you how it happen for the girl next to you? Can you tell us more?

There was a guy who looked like a mini slash walking around on the other side of the fence handing them out. He made several passes scanning the crowd really fast and pointed her out and whispered something to her and at the end of the show he told her to meet him somewhere. I couldn't really hear but in hindsight I should have befriended her and asked her if I could come along lol. Idk tho I feel like a lot of times if you get that pass you just hang out with the crew only. So it could be pretty sketch. 

3 minutes ago, darknightfan said:

There was a guy who looked like a mini slash walking around on the other side of the fence handing them out. He made several passes scanning the crowd really fast and pointed her out and whispered something to her and at the end of the show he told her to meet him somewhere. I couldn't really hear but in hindsight I should have befriended her and asked her if I could come along lol. Idk tho I feel like a lot of times if you get that pass you just hang out with the crew only. So it could be pretty sketch. 

Yeah, exactly, that was what I was thinking. Either way I wouldn't mind getting backstage to see the whole thing, even if it was just to hang out with the crew. So were you guys at the rail?