06/26/16 - Washington D.C - Fedex Field

downzy

4 minutes ago, emybdc said:

Yeah, exactly, that was what I was thinking. Either way I wouldn't mind getting backstage to see the whole thing, even if it was just to hang out with the crew. So were you guys at the rail?

Yes! I was right at the side of the catwalk and Axl, Slash, and Duff all glances at me lolol!! It was the best time and all I wish is that I could go back.

10 minutes ago, emybdc said:

Yeah, exactly, that was what I was thinking. Either way I wouldn't mind getting backstage to see the whole thing, even if it was just to hang out with the crew. So were you guys at the rail?

Back in the day those kind of passes came with...expectations.  Probably hasn't changed much.  

However, I've always said I'd blow slash if that's what it takes.  I'm just not afraid to admit it lolol.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, darknightfan said:

Yes! I was right at the side of the catwalk and Axl, Slash, and Duff all glances at me lolol!! It was the best time and all I wish is that I could go back.

Awesome! I'm happy for ya!

I'm going for the rail in Brazil too but rails here can be kinda intense lol

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, darknightfan said:

There was a guy who looked like a mini slash walking around on the other side of the fence handing them out. He made several passes scanning the crowd really fast and pointed her out and whispered something to her and at the end of the show he told her to meet him somewhere. I couldn't really hear but in hindsight I should have befriended her and asked her if I could come along lol. Idk tho I feel like a lot of times if you get that pass you just hang out with the crew only. So it could be pretty sketch. 

Yeah, just imagine going back stage thinking you're going to meet Slash and Axl only to be lead somewhere with a bunch of overweight roadies making passes at you. :lol:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, James Bond said:

Yeah, just imagine going back stage thinking you're going to meet Slash and Axl only to be lead somewhere with a bunch of overweight roadies making passes at you. :lol:

My fear exactly haha. Plus I went to the show alone and I might have never returned.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

Extended This I Love solo at the hour mark (1.00 - 1.02). Classic

I generally do not like this song, but the solo is pretty savage.  And Axl is a little rocky at the start but wow he kills it in the latter part of the song.

9 hours ago, nn18 said:

In my next life I want to be Melissa Reese! A kickass, supertalented cutie that got a gig of her lifetime and gets all the love from both Axl, Slash and the rest of the guys. GO GIRL! YOU ROCK!:headbang:

And, may I say, poor Dizzy. :lol: He's been in this band for over 20 years and yet, nobody ever notices him. And A GIRL that's been around for only 2 months allready won us over. Sorry Diswald :P

I always wonder how Dizzy feels about the reunion. You rarely see him pictured and interacting with Slash or even duff. Then again you don't see him around Axl either.  However you always see Dizzy with Richard, Frank, Tommy and the other guys in nuguns. 

Makes me wonder if he ever wanted a reunion or preferred nuguns where he no longer felt like an outsider. 

After reading their biographies and interviews they expressed how they weren't into adding keyboard at first but they liked Dizzy. I think it was Izzy who said he was a cool guy and it was nothing against him. 

I bet Dizzy and Sorum never got along tho

34 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

I always wonder how Dizzy feels about the reunion. You rarely see him pictured and interacting with Slash or even duff. Then again you don't see him around Axl either.  However you always see Dizzy with Richard, Frank, Tommy and the other guys in nuguns. 

Makes me wonder if he ever wanted a reunion or preferred nuguns where he no longer felt like an outsider. 

After reading their biographies and interviews they expressed how they weren't into adding keyboard at first but they liked Dizzy. I think it was Izzy who said he was a cool guy and it was nothing against him. 

yeah exactly... I even made thread about it a while ago.. he is the most neutral and isolated member of all... I doubt Slash and Duff even said Hi...

21 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

Don't know if anyone's posted this yet:

At the part where Axl was supposed to come in, you can see him standing on the right of the stage watching Slash. He just let him go for it. Very cool.

thats my video, when axl came out i started to follow him thinking hed kick in with the rest of the song and was surprised he didnt.

Edited by gnr estranged
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Sorum seems like an angry man sometimes, and he said that chinese democracy was a very bad album

8 minutes ago, gnr estranged said:

thats my video, when axl came out i started to follow him thinking hed kick in with the rest of the song and was surprised he didnt.

Thanks for recording dude! You captured a really cool moment. :) 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

At the part where Axl was supposed to come in, you can see him standing on the right of the stage watching Slash. He just let him go for it. Very cool.

It was the first time that Axl let Slash to complete this solo. They don't need to experiment on it anymore. It's very good now.

43 minutes ago, WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself said:

It was the first time that Axl let Slash to complete this solo. They don't need to experiment on it anymore. It's very good now.

I really like it but I think Slash can make it even better. It always falls into place in the end after enough attempts. Just like his Patience solo where everything clicked in Oklahoma '92.

He already nailed his 2 Chinese Democracy solos (Coachella)

His Better solo has some parts that he seems to have settled on (the beginning of the solo and that descending lick in the middle) but he's still experimenting with it and I really liked his recent performance of it. Before Robin's solo he plays Bucket's mean one and he starts it in a very cool way. I think that solo sounded the best in Detroit if I'm not mistaken.

This I Love - there are many interesting places he's taking it but I think it still has potential to be even better like I've said.

If he doesn't experiment anymore it will be a shame cause he might come up with something brilliant if he'll just keep doing what he's doing now.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I really like it but I think Slash can make it even better. It always falls into place in the end after enough attempts. Just like his Patience solo where everything clicked in Oklahoma '92.

He already nailed his 2 Chinese Democracy solos (Coachella)

His Better solo has some parts that he seems to have settled on (the beginning of the solo and that descending like in the middle) but he's still experimenting with it and I really liked his recent performance of it.

This I Love there are many interesting places he's taking it but I think it's still have potential to be even better like I've said.

If he doesn't experiment anymore it will be a shame and we might lose something brilliant imo.

I agree that he can do it even better. I meant that he should keep it that way and improve it, but without any major changes to his current approach.

And that Axl is better to wait for him to finish it, as he did.

But you never know... It's possible that he tries something completeley different and it is even better. He is Slash after all.