06/26/16 - Washington D.C - Fedex Field

downzy

His Better solo (2nd one) has some minor changes every show (tryin' to sweep is the biggest IMO and most noticable). And I really like it. If it comes to This I Love - I think he just need to sit down in the studio and write his own solo for this song. That's it. I dig the way he improves every night but I'd rather like to hear a proper solo, not improvisation. But his tone on TIL is fucking godlike. 

2 hours ago, MrSoftie said:

Don't know if anyone's posted this yet:

At the part where Axl was supposed to come in, you can see him standing on the right of the stage watching Slash. He just let him go for it. Very cool.

I get a major old school vibe from this, his guitar tone here is like something straight out of the Illusions tour.  Very cool, even his phrasing sounds like classic early 90's Slash but with more precision

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

Wasn't Dizzy hired pretty much as a favor because they liked him and he was broke? If so, all things considered, things have gone pretty well for Dizzy.

Ummn, no, they needed a keyboard player. You may be referring to a Making of video where Dizzy tells his story. He only implied if they were going to give him a gig, they better do it soon because he might have lost his home/number. The rest is history. Can you imagine Axl and Slash giving a place in their band as a favour? Me neither. 

26 minutes ago, killuridols said:

that's like when your company makes you go to those horrible corporative parties and you have to or else it makes you look bad later in the performance tests :lol:

And then you end up getting blasted at said corporate party and making an ass of yourself anyway.  Kind of a lose-lose decision isn't it.  Or is that just me?  LOL

51 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I get a major old school vibe from this, his guitar tone here is like something straight out of the Illusions tour.  Very cool, even his phrasing sounds like classic early 90's Slash but with more precision

3 hours ago, MrSoftie said:

Don't know if anyone's posted this yet:

At the part where Axl was supposed to come in, you can see him standing on the right of the stage watching Slash. He just let him go for it. Very cool.

Or maybe he is just watching why Slash can't play it like it is on album? :wacko: Ashba had the same problem.. 

Dont get me wrong!! Great to see Slash playing this, but I like more Finck's solo on this. 

• Like 1

I'd love to get Axl's monitor mix of that This I Love to hear if he gave forewarning to the band that he was going to let Slash take it to the end, or if it was truly a last minute decision.

I'm enjoying this more than the Godfather to be honest.

52 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

And then you end up getting blasted at said corporate party and making an ass of yourself anyway.  Kind of a lose-lose decision isn't it.  Or is that just me?  LOL

lol well i end up with an ass face anyway so yes, its a lose-lose decision as well! :lol:

Observations:
- Employee does not actively pursue interaction with peers and is not completely immersed in the company's culture.

As a result, you don't get a bonus this month :facepalm:

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, theMadcap said:

First time poster, long time lurker..I was at the DC Show. Traffic sucked, parking sucked but GN'R definitely made everything worth it. I was too young to see them back in the 90's. Was beyond excited when AIC were done. Their set was alright, but the hype was real. Lights go out And then boom! you hear the Looney Tunes theme song and you know it's getting real. It's So Easy hits and we all just lost it. Great night! Axl killed it! Slash is like the epitome of Cool. 

I wasn't a huge fan of all the covers, but Live and Let Die just absolutely kicks ass live..Mr.Brownstone and Jungle just  ..I can't even.

Also wanted to say, all the way from the weeks before the Troubadour till right now, you guys have been great! I'm already planning on going to the Philly show as well. Hopefully that happens!

Sounds like a great time! Makes me even more pumped for San Diego :)

27 minutes ago, fernomenoyde said:

Hi guys, i just finished editing some videos from Whashington with remastered audio and multicam. This is the first upload so suscribe to the channel, next one is Raw Power, then Better from "Throne era" XD

Great work....audio rocks!!! Thanks for posting!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Carburetta said:

Ummn, no, they needed a keyboard player. You may be referring to a Making of video where Dizzy tells his story. He only implied if they were going to give him a gig, they better do it soon because he might have lost his home/number. The rest is history. Can you imagine Axl and Slash giving a place in their band as a favour? Me neither. 

Can I imagine Axl employing someone who didn't really have to be there because he liked them? Yeah, I can. But yeah, I am basing it from Dizzy's Making Of interview where it seemed like they hired him at the moment because he was broke and needed a job.