06/26/16 - Washington D.C - Fedex Field

downzy

5 hours ago, scooby845 said:

@Black Sabbath I see on some photos you posted you are a bit sideways positioned against the stage, while elsewhere you're directly in front of it? I thought cause of the pit separation it was impossible to be centerfront...or is it?

They didn't separate the pit last night. We chose not to go directly in front because the stage itself is a littler taller than normal, and then when they put Axl's risers on stage, it's nearly impossible to see just about anything else from front and center. So we decided to be right on the corner of the catwalk so we had a great view of that and a lot of the rest of the stage as well.

I've got 4 more shows to attend so maybe one of them I'll try to be directly front and center.

1 minute ago, Jeez said:

"We got some pretty long-ass endings I think"

I think he said that because he was out of breath during the end of the song. The weakest part of the night. The rest of the show was excellent.   

3 minutes ago, gunnerpr said:

I think he said that because he was out of breath during the end of the song. The weakest part of the night. The rest of the show was excellent.   

That's obviously why he said it. Coma will always be the weakest part, because it's by far the most challanging song to sing. But I don't expect him to sing it like he did 25 years ago.

Thanks to everyone who posts those videos! Been watching them like crazy. This I love is really epic. Slash really just takes it over for a while, lol! And Axl's face at the end of it. He really meant it there. I do think Axl sounded really tired in Better, not the best performance of that song.

I wonder if all that backwards walking is his way to work on his hamstrings or what. :D

9 minutes ago, Jeez said:

That's obviously why he said it. Coma will always be the weakest part, because it's by far the most challanging song to sing. But I don't expect him to sing it like he did 25 years ago.

Even 25 years ago those type of songs (long series of words, not time to breathe) were difficult for him.

He's doing great IMO.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

The performance was great but at the end I found it going too fast, maybe it was my periscope stream, I will have to watch the video to know it.

If Frank is setting the tone, then Axl is obviously on board with it. Why do you think the big three would go that route?

The only thing I can think is to try and add a little extra energy to the songs by playing them faster?

Maybe there is another obvious reason that I'm not thinking of?

5 minutes ago, NicoRourke said:

Even 25 years ago those type of songs (long series of words, not time to breathe) were difficult for him.

He's doing great IMO.

It's awesome that Axl has been adding a requested song to each of the last few tours. 

People wanted Civil War - boom. 

People wanted Yesterday's - boom. 

People wanted Estranged - boom

People wanted Coma - boom. 

Now if only he hears the pleas for new music!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jeez said:

He almost seems to get winded during the studio version, with who knows how many retakes...so imagine how difficult that last part is to do live. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Apollo said:

If Frank is setting the tone, then Axl is obviously on board with it. Why do you think the big three would go that route?

The only thing I can think is to try and add a little extra energy to the songs by playing them faster?

Maybe there is another obvious reason that I'm not thinking of?

I think it's just their adrenaline firing more than anything. They've noticeably improved the tempos since April, but obviously timing will get pushed every once in a while when they're sounding as tight as they are. You can tell they're all really feeling it. I can't wait to feed off this energy next month!

Just now, James Bond said:

I think it's just their adrenaline firing more than anything. They've noticeably improved the tempos since April, but obviously timing will get pushed every once in a while when they're sounding as tight as they are. You can tell they're all really feeling it. I can't wait to feed off this energy next month!

I agree.  This is the first time (other than Axl in South America) they've headlined in front of this many people in years...so they must be pumped.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, James Bond said:

That makes sense. Thanks!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jekylhyde said:

I love, LOVE, Chinese Democracy, but damn, those songs (ChiDem and Better) sound so much better with Slash and Duff. Everything sounds better with them. I always dug NuGnR, but this is the real deal!

I agree.  They add the G N' R "rawness" and feel that was missing from CD.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, jekylhyde said:

I love, LOVE, Chinese Democracy, but damn, those songs (ChiDem and Better) sound so much better with Slash and Duff. Everything sounds better with them. I always dug NuGnR, but this is the real deal!

That's why I would love to see Axl turn over the Vault to Slash and Duff.  Let them pick the 7-songs they want to work on. 

Then have the current group write 4-5 songs together. 

That's the fastest route to record and release a new album by Christmas time!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Jeez said:

True, i have tried for fun just to keep up with it, even if i am not a singer, damn that song takes the breath out of you, as do Civil War, i find them very hard, and can't even fallow half of them lol :-)

Just now, Apollo said:

That's why I would love to see Axl turn over the Vault to Slash and Duff.  Let them pick the 7-songs they want to work on. 

Then have the current group write 4-5 songs together. 

That's the fastest route to record and release a new album by Christmas time!

Bingo.  You hit the nail on the head and this is what I've said a new album would mostly be comprised of, imo, if it does happen. 

23 minutes ago, NicoRourke said:

He's doing great IMO.

I'm not a singer but when I sing along to the last verse in coma, it becomes nigh impossible to not lose my breath and I am not putting half the effort axl probably is. So kudos to him, at 54, to be able to do 2.5 hour shows consistently. 

• Like 2