06/26/16 - Washington D.C - Fedex Field

downzy

I feel Slash's TIL solo is a bit too fast for the pace of the song. 

As a standalone solo it is kickass but it doesn't fit the song as much as the original. 

I think by the end of the tour we'd get a perfect solo for the song considering Slash is tinkering with the solo and making it better each time he plays it, and we all know how good he is with ballads!

Edited by 22frets

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

First off, no offense to whoever that is, but it is generally terrible.  The whole thing.  Second, nail it?  No, he's off pitch and it's clearly way out of his range to do it justice.

this is the thing about Coma...very, very difficult to sing the end of that song anywhere near the way it was recorded, not sure it can even be done In a live setting justifiably.

Yep.  All of this.  Great fuckin song though.  Has been on my gym playlist for years.  :headbang:

4 minutes ago, k12 said:

was the upper deck tarped off? I heard someone say on another board the crowd was good however the upper deck was tarped off so there was no one up there

Yeah that seems to be true

10 minutes ago, k12 said:

was the upper deck tarped off? I heard someone say on another board the crowd was good however the upper deck was tarped off so there was no one up there

It wasn't tarped off but there was no one up there, you can see it in this pic i took of jerry cantrell.

IMG_8833.JPG

4 minutes ago, k12 said:

That stadium is immense.  It has 2 or 3 upper levels...and I heard the uppermost level was closed down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

He almost seems to get winded during the studio version, with who knows how many retakes...so imagine how difficult that last part is to do live. 

I am out of breath during Coma only by listening to it. Axl is doing great :headbang:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

They didn't separate the pit last night. We chose not to go directly in front because the stage itself is a littler taller than normal, and then when they put Axl's risers on stage, it's nearly impossible to see just about anything else from front and center. So we decided to be right on the corner of the catwalk so we had a great view of that and a lot of the rest of the stage as well.

I've got 4 more shows to attend so maybe one of them I'll try to be directly front and center.

But where was security then? Weren't they standing at the line where the separation was supposed to be? Given you've attended numerous GnR shows - is it better directly front (sound and view - wise) or a bit sideways like this time? Is this kind of view an improvement since Vegas...?

What other shows are you attending? You have got to have been enjoying this GnR trek so far!!:lol:

Guys Axl sounds very good on most of the songs on the last concerts, he has good rasp and much power. But in SCOM, NR and some other ones, his voice isnt raspy at all. ( only in some parts of these  two songs he uses rasp really good btw). Is this because of his shape ? I mean,will he sound better and more raspy if he loses weight? 

For example ; 

This is probably the best Axl voice  I've seen for the last 15 years. Look at that rasp in his voice. He sounds amaziing here. No difference from 87-93 era. Is there a way that he will sound like this from now on ?  Or is he gona sing with little rasp and little Mickey, like how he does now... Answer please

1 hour ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Just play the solo as it was written.

If people wanted to hear that, they'd just stay home and listened to the albums. This is live, that's the fun of it. Fortus ain't sticking verbatim to Izzy's solos or rhythm parts, nor is Frank to Sorum/Adler.

Edited by moreblack

1 hour ago, davhern said:

I'm a Slash to the grave fan and never even considered seeing the NuGNR lineups, and even I much prefer the album version of the TIL solo.  Not sure what some like so much about what Slash is doing...he's kinda just improvising..it sounds OK because he's Slash, but I don't see how it's at all better than what's on the record.

Thank you. Exactly this. Plus as someone else said, it's too fast.

I like what he did on Better and CD but TIL should be played as on the album. It just goes with the song.

7 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

But where was security then? Weren't they standing at the line where the separation was supposed to be? Given you've attended numerous GnR shows - is it better directly front (sound and view - wise) or a bit sideways like this time? Is this kind of view an improvement since Vegas...?

What other shows are you attending? You have got to have been enjoying this GnR trek so far!!:lol:

I'm Detroit they separated the sections with caution tape and two security guards standing in the center. But they didn't separate it last night. Typically I go front and center at every show and we could have done the same last night, but after factoring in the height of the stage and the addition of the risers they put up front (the boxes Axl stands on), we figured it would be a better view off to on the corner of the catwalk so we could still be upfront and see Axl, but would be able to see most of the rest of the stage too.

I may try to go front and center at one of the other shows I'm attending though.

8 minutes ago, onurbayrak03 said:

Guys Axl sounds very good on most of the songs on the last concerts, he has good rasp and much power. But in SCOM, NR and some other ones, his voice isnt raspy at all. ( only in some parts of these  two songs he uses rasp really good btw). Is this because of his shape ? I mean,will he sound better and more raspy if he loses weight? 

Well, for starters his voice shouldnt be raspy on SCOM because the song HAS NO RASP IN IT TO BEGIN WITH.  And pretty much the same thing with November Rain.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, onurbayrak03 said:

For example ; 

This is probably the best Axl voice  I've seen for the last 15 years. Look at that rasp in his voice. He sounds amaziing here. No difference from 87-93 era. Is there a way that he will sound like this from now on ?  Or is he gona sing with little rasp and little Mickey, like how he does now... Answer please

Lack of rasp does not equate to Mickey.  Go listen to the recorded version of SCOM, there's no rasp to be found anywhere.  Question answered.

12 minutes ago, onurbayrak03 said:

For example ; 

I am so grateful that they're back together, but can you imagine how amazing it would have been if they had regrouped in 2006?