06/26/16 - Washington D.C - Fedex Field

downzy

4 hours ago, thewolfshead said:

Can't wait to read these rasp debates after every show.

No kidding. It is fact by this point in his career that it will be there more on certain nights not on others. Also, there are certain songs where he always uses it, and songs he doesn't. May we all go back and watch VMAs 2002 and remember how much greater Axl is 14 YEARS LATER compared to then.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

No kidding. It is fact by this point in his career that it will be there more on certain nights not on others. Also, there are certain songs where he always uses it, and songs he doesn't. May we all go back and watch VMAs 2002 and remember how much greater Axl is 14 YEARS LATER compared to then.

Axl can switch at any moment, 2010 he had all rasp, then he had no rasp, now he has a nice mixture. I think what he does in a live setting sounds amazing. The videos never do him justice, but his range and vocals are great in person. 

Still not sold on Better, or Seeker being in the set. I take TIL bc that's like Axl's solo so I enjoy it for that. 

Two songs I want to go but know won't is KOHD and YCBM, they just wear me out by now, but if we could replace better with something off the alternative set or Catcher id be happy And Seeker needs to be retired for Used to Love Her or Patience

53 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I do think the comments have been ridiculous here. It's nit picking. I would love to see some of these "fans" go on stage and perform like Axl and Slash have been doing.

I met up with a close friend of mine last Thursday for drinks. He is a GNR fan. He lost his job in February due to layoffs. He would love to go to the MetLife concert but can't since he has a wife, two kids, and a house to consider.  Just be grateful that you can go to the concerts and that people are putting up these Youtube videos. 

great post!

1 hour ago, emybdc said:

The worst thing was I was telling all my friends that that was one of my favorite moments of the show and I was so disapointed that on the second ninght he didn't get up there

Then someone here on the forum, I think it was @tsinindy, pointed out he wasn't really on top of the piano lol

But who knows? Last night Axl introduced Dizzy as he used to during UYI, maybe one of these days Slash might feel nostalgic too

As long as no one breaks a foot getting back down;)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gnfnr2k said:

so he shouldn't sound like this 

or this

Id take those two over what he is doing now wiht his weak mickey voice

We seem to have vocal experts here that know how Axl should and should not sing HIS songs and when he Is making an effort and when he Is holding back. There was actually a member on here last night(at this point I can't recall who It was) who was criticizing Axl for blowing the whistle at the wrong time and letting the forum know that he needs to learn how to sing Paradise City. I mean, you can't make this shit up. It Is ridiculous. All that should matter at this point Is that the greatest band on the planet Is together again and touring successfully.

1 hour ago, emybdc said:

The worst thing was I was telling all my friends that that was one of my favorite moments of the show and I was so disapointed that on the second ninght he didn't get up there

Then someone here on the forum, I think it was @tsinindy, pointed out he wasn't really on top of the piano lol

But who knows? Last night Axl introduced Dizzy as he used to during UYI, maybe one of these days Slash might feel nostalgic too

I think we will see Slash back on the piano at some point...it just won't be a regular thing.  Maybe for a special show like NYE or possibly a festival like Rio or Download.  

7 minutes ago, ironmt said:

We seem to have vocal experts here that know how Axl should and should not sing HIS songs and when he Is making an effort and when he Is holding back. There was actually a member on here last night(at this point I can't recall who It was) who was criticizing Axl for blowing the whistle at the wrong time and letting the forum know that he needs to learn how to sing Paradise City. I mean, you can't make this shit up. It Is ridiculous. All that should matter at this point Is that the greatest band on the planet Is together again and touring successfully.

That was me and no it's not ridiculous if you'd actually listen to what I said..  I'm not gonna sit here and blow smoke up their ass just because they are together.  People are paying a lot of money to see a peak performance and if Axl wants to mail it in on certain songs like PC and blow the whistle whenever he wants or sing over Slash's intro solo or totally fuck off the song.  That is his right.  As a fan (and paying customer), I have a right to complain about it because it sounds like shit.   I will admit the wording I used at the time wasn't proper as was pointed out, but the fact remains.  Just like I can't tell Axl how to sing his song, I can bitch about it.  You can't sit here and tell other people what to complain what not to.  You want to think it's ridiculous, good for you.  No one cares.  

7 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

That was me and no it's not ridiculous if you'd actually listen to what I said..  I'm not gonna sit here and blow smoke up their ass just because they are together.  People are paying a lot of money to see a peak performance and if Axl wants to mail it in on certain songs like PC and blow the whistle whenever he wants or sing over Slash's intro solo or totally fuck off the song.  That is his right.  As a fan (and paying customer), I have a right to complain about it because it sounds like shit.   I will admit the wording I used at the time wasn't proper as was pointed out, but the fact remains.  Just like I can't tell Axl how to sing his song, I can bitch about it.  You can't sit here and tell other people what to complain what not to.  You want to think it's ridiculous, good for you.  No one cares.  

And no one really cares whether you approve of the way Axl sings his songs. If you don't like the way he performs, stay home. No one on a Guns N Roses forum(a forum dedicated to the band) wants to hear someone like you bitch and whine about the band on a daily basis.

5 minutes ago, ironmt said:

And no one really cares whether you approve of the way Axl sings his songs. If you don't like the way he performs, stay home. No one on a Guns N Roses forum(a forum dedicated to the band) wants to hear someone like you bitch and whine about the band on a daily basis.

Apparently you do, you keep bitching about it :)

And I'll spend my discretionary money how I choose, thanks!  If you don't want to hear it, use the ignore feature, others have, doesn't bother me none. 

6 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Apparently you do, you keep bitching about it :)

And I'll spend my discretionary money how I choose, thanks!  If you don't want to hear it, use the ignore feature, others have, doesn't bother me none. 

Can you or someone else explain to me how this ignore feature works? I'd love to ignore your posts.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ironmt said:

He's right.  Singing over the intro ruins it and there's nothing wrong with pointing that out if you feel that way.  This place isn't just for praising everything they do.

In fact, the band has been responsive to fans complaints/suggestions in the past, so why shouldn't we voice our opinions when we don't like things?

3 minutes ago, Jeez said:

Can you or someone else explain to me how this ignore feature works? I'd love to ignore your posts.

I would, but I really don't know b/c I've never ignored anyone, but there is one.  I'm sure someone who has blocked me will gladly help you out :)

This was the best concert ever! Everyone was amazing and perfect. Honestly if you were there you would know so for people who feel the need to knit pick need to get over themselves! It was a good time and I'm so glad I was able to be in the pit for it! The only thing I wish is that I was handed the backstage pass instead of the girl next to me lol.

Also my fav songs live were Civil War and Nightrain (:

Edited by darknightfan
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, davhern said:

He's right.  Singing over the intro ruins it and there's nothing wrong with pointing that out if you feel that way.  This place isn't just for praising everything they do.

In fact, the band has been responsive to fans complaints/suggestions in the past, so why shouldn't we voice our opinions when we don't like things?

You are correct, there Is nothing wrong with constructive criticism. What we have here Is a nobody(tsinindy) telling a guy that has made millions and millions of dollars singing that he needs to learn how to sing his own song. Just because It wasn't performed the way you or I would have liked doesn't mean he doesn't know how to perform the song.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jeez said:

I've never ignored anyone, but I have seen the "ignore user" option when my mouse arrow lands on a person's profile picture. It is along the bottom of the info that pops up. I expect it is as simple as clicking on it.

• Like 1

It's going to be a long year if everyone keeps getting their feelings hurt whether  it's for being tired of people being critical, or critical people tired of being told to be quiet. 

Everyone is going to have an opinion, this band isn't perfect, but they are pretty incredible. They leave a lot of room for speculation and criticism by the way they operate, so the nit picking will always be there, the fans that love the band no matter what are awesome in their own right, and this year is going to be great! 

Now back to fighting bc I swear to god if Axl sings over Slash's intro on PC one more time I'm going to break shit 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ironmt said:

You are correct, there Is nothing wrong with constructive criticism. What we have here Is a nobody(tsinindy) telling a guy that has made millions and millions of dollars singing that he needs to learn how to sing his own song. Just because It wasn't performed the way you or I would have liked doesn't mean he doesn't know how to perform the song.

Except I'm not the only one with this complaint.  There's a whole thread on the song (that I didn't start).  The rest has already been said, so you're just regurgitating what someone smarter than you has already said, trust me.  

Edited by tsinindy

2 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

It's going to be a long year if everyone keeps getting their feelings hurt whether  it's for being tired of people being critical, or critical people tired of being told to be quiet. 

Everyone is going to have an opinion, this band isn't perfect, but they are pretty incredible. They leave a lot of room for speculation and criticism by the way they operate, so the nit picking will always be there, the fans that love the band no matter what are awesome in their own right, and this year is going to be great! 

Now back to fighting bc I swear to god if Axl sings over Slash's intro on PC one more time I'm going to break shit 

:) (I'm out of likes)

20 minutes ago, darknightfan said:

This was the best concert ever! Everyone was amazing and perfect. Honestly if you were there you would know so for people who feel the need to knit pick need to get over themselves! It was a good time and I'm so glad I was able to be in the pit for it! The only thing I wish is that I was handed the backstage pass instead of the girl next to me lol.

Also my fav songs live were Civil War and Nightrain (:

I was there in Vegas, I'm over myself, not over how they play PC.  Glad you enjoyed the show!  I thought it was awesome in Vegas and very much looking forward to Cincy.