06/29/16 - Kansas City - Arrowhead Stadium

downzy

22 minutes ago, ironmt said:

Yes It does, there was a lot of discussion on how poorly this particular show was selling. It looks like It Is doing pretty good. I would guess that they will most likely average somewhere between 40-50,000 per show when all Is said and done which Is excellent IMO.

I agree.  I remember reading that as long as they gross over $5 mil per show, the band even gets into overage pay.  (Other than the 3 mil per show they're already guaranteed.)  So 40k to 50k per show should easily get them there.  Looks to be a very successful tour thus far.

2 hours ago, Jephro Rucastle said:

Been mentally checked out of work since Monday morning. We will be rolling in around 5pm tomorrow. Hopefully there will be an established spot to meet by then. It looks like I'll have the opportunity to make someone's day tomorrow. I haven't sold my extra tickets and I'm not going to let them go to waste, so someone is going to get free tickets at the front of Section H unless a miracle happens in the next 24 hours.

wait...why would you buy an extra ticket in the first place?

1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

I agree.  I remember reading that as long as they gross over $5 mil per show, the band even gets into overage pay.  (Other than the 3 mil per show they're already guaranteed.)  So 40k to 50k per show should easily get them there.  Looks to be a very successful tour thus far.

I don't think it works that way... 3 mil is guaranteed 'pure' money despite how it sells...it is on promoter. Given that Guns earned roughly 6mil from 30 000 in Vegas, let's say roughly 60k in KC which is 12mil - if you take into consideration stadium ticket average price - let's say roughly 10mil.. Take out 3mil for Guns - we are left at 7mil, minus 1mil for booking a stadium, supporting act, electricity, construction workers, logistics (I don't know how much taht mounts to)... so at best Guns get a 2-3mil overage pay, which is great...

8 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Interesting, I didn't realize they got anymore than the 3 million dollar guarantee. That Is excellent for the band.

11 hours ago, fallglimmer said:

This is the only venue on the tour the big three have played in before, right?

edit- Orlando, New Orleans, and SD

MetLife and Gillette Stadium too. Just renamed. 

Edited by KiernanProud

18 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I don't think it works that way... 3 mil is guaranteed 'pure' money despite how it sells...it is on promoter. Given that Guns earned roughly 6mil from 30 000 in Vegas, let's say roughly 60k in KC which is 12mil - if you take into consideration stadium ticket average price - let's say roughly 10mil.. Take out 3mil for Guns - we are left at 7mil, minus 1mil for booking a stadium, supporting act, electricity, construction workers, logistics (I don't know how much taht mounts to)... so at best Guns get a 2-3mil overage pay, which is great...

According to Billboard a while back, G N' R were supposedly guaranteed $3 mil per show.  Production costs were around $1.6 mil, the promoter would take in around $400k.  So once they Grossed over $5 mil -ish they would get "overage" which is a % of the profits over the "break even" point.  Plus money from merchandise sales, which they would receive the lion's share of...anywhere from $250k and up per show.  

10 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

12 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

MetLife is a whole new venue.  Was originally "new meadowlands stadium" when it opened in 2010.  Renamed later that year or the next.

11 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

According to Billboard a while back, G N' R were supposedly guaranteed $3 mil per show.  Production costs were around $1.6 mil, the promoter would take in around $400k.  So once they Grossed over $5 mil -ish they would get "overage" which is a % of the profits over the "break even" point.  Plus money from merchandise sales, which they would receive the lion's share of...anywhere from $250k and up per show.  

what do you mean by ' which is a % of the profits over the "break even" point.' ? If they gross 10 mil will they get the remaining 5? And regarding the merchandise - lions share??? I thought they get 100% from merchandise? So you're saying GnR grosses $250k in merchandise or that;s the share?

1 minute ago, scooby845 said:

what do you mean by ' which is a % of the profits over the "break even" point.' ? If they gross 10 mil will they get the remaining 5? And regarding the merchandise - lions share??? I thought they get 100% from merchandise? So you're saying GnR grosses $250k in merchandise or that;s the share?

There are expenses in regards to merch but they get the majority of the profit

• Like 2

I think the money being made is slightly exaggerated but still doing great! I imagine the advertisement cost will take a chunk of the money earned, so most overage will go to that. However I can't even imagine how much they've made on merchandise sales...those trailers are packed and at $40 a shirt...there's plenty of money going around, but I still think it's slightly less than we anticipate due to hidden cost we haven't calculated for 

4 hours ago, Mandy123 said:

well if you're just giving them away......... * wink wink nudge nudge*:P

I hope you sell them! I bet a lot will be sold between now and right before the concert. I've like triple checked that I have my tickets packed up and we don't even leave til tomorrow morning lol. I'm going to be  a hot mess, no idea how I'm going to sleep tonight. SO pumped. 

Hit me up tomorrow. If I still have them, they're yours

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Those were just estimates provided by Billboard.  They most likely won't gross anywhere near $10 million per show as at least half the tickets are under $150.00, so not sure where you are getting that $10 million number from. lol.  And according to Billboard, all they need to do is gross $5 million ish per show....that would be their "break even point".   And yeah, they would get a % of profits over that amount....they wouldn't get it all.  A % would go to the promoters, venue, etc.  or whatever else they agreed to.   As far as merchandising goes, "Lion's share" means most.  They still have to cover costs of the merchandise, paying people, etc...so obviously they wouldn't get 100% of the gross of merchandise sales.

Edited by Kasanova King

4 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Those were just estimates provided by Billboard.  They most likely won't gross anywhere $10 million per show as at least half the tickets are under $150.00, so not sure where you are getting that $10 million number from. lol.  And yeah, they would get a %....they wouldn't get it all.  A % would go to the promoters, venue, etc.  or whatever else they agreed to.   As far as merchandising goes, "Lion's share" means most.  They still have to cover costs of the merchandise, paying people, etc...so obviously they wouldn't get 100% of the gross of merchandise sales.

well they grossed 6 mil in Vegas from 30k crowd... so I got my 10mil by extrapolating -  50k crowd amounts to an estimated 10mil $ right?

Just now, scooby845 said:

well they grossed 6 mil in Vegas from 30k crowd... so I got my 10mil by extrapolating -  50k crowd amounts to an estimated 10mil $ right?

The mean ticket price in Vegas was way higher than on the current tour. Those numbers can't be used.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Average Vegas ticket prices were higher than the average stadium tour prices, by a decent amount.  Plus the VIP packages in Vegas seemed to just about sell out as well...I don't think the VIP packages have done as well on the stadium tour....but that's just a guess.

Anyway, long story short, it looks like they will do great on this tour....probably make anywhere between $4 to $5 mil per show....which in 2016, in the U.S., is probably more than any other music group is making on tour.

Edited by Kasanova King

1 hour ago, Mandy123 said:

unselfishly I hope you get rid of them the way you want, but I'll definitely hit you up to see what's become of them! Thanks! 

I appreciate that but look on the bright side: It only cost me about $800 to learn how to buy tickets online! Sorry for the previous blank post. I suck at computers

• Like 1