06/29/16 - Kansas City - Arrowhead Stadium

downzy

6 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I'm sure they could have played there...but I'm in Indiana and have no clue if they do concerts at that venue.  The other issue is Columbis is closer to Pittsburgh than Cincy is and farther from Indianapolis, Louisville and Lexington, etc.

They do have concerts at Ohio Stadium. I did see U2 their in 1997 . I also know that Metallica has played their and The Rolling Stones played their I believe last year.

10 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

If they play Dead Horse.....cleanup on aisle 7!

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Don't get why they aren't considering Dead Horse, it such a great rocker and i reckon Axl would pull it off easy 

Exactly. There are so many songs I wish they played (So Fine, Perfect Crime, You're Crazy etc.) that they could easily do a 3,5 hour show :popcorn:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I've seen Axl with ACDC and can't wait to see him with GNR :headbang:. Tonight I had a dream they sang Dead Horse and Perfect Crime haha 

That Is a pretty good dream, unfortunately It will most likely remain a dream.

53 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I'm sure they could have played there...but I'm in Indiana and have no clue if they do concerts at that venue.  The other issue is Columbis is closer to Pittsburgh than Cincy is and farther from Indianapolis, Louisville and Lexington, etc.

I still doubt it cause these stadiums have a capacity larger than 100k... while paul brown and similar are closer to 60k.. even those Guns have problems selling out..

8 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I still doubt it cause these stadiums have a capacity larger than 100k... while paul brown and similar are closer to 60k.. even those Guns have problems selling out..

You didn't specify sell out.  And it all depends.  If GnR reunited and said ok we're gonna play one show.  They could sell out a 100,000+ capacity venue with ease.  But touring...no

4 minutes ago, JimMorrison4 said:

This happens every time they tour. "Maybe they'll change the setlist tonight." "I bet they play a new song." "Get rid of the songs I don't want to hear and play the ones I do." Yet, the setlist remains almost entirely unchanged the entire tour.

This isn't NuGnR anymore, so things may change...you're composing apples to an unknown commodity

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JimMorrison4 said:

This happens every time they tour. "Maybe they'll change the setlist tonight." "I bet they play a new song." "Get rid of the songs I don't want to hear and play the ones I do." Yet, the setlist remains almost entirely unchanged the entire tour.

If you look back at the bands set list when they were on the UYI tour you will see that they didn't change the set list that much then either. The difference Is we now have the Internet.

Edited by ironmt

They're not Pearl Jam where you'll get an entirely different setlist every night. I also wish they'd change it up a bit, but they have to play the hits. I wish they'd have a half dozen songs they'd change every night, but it looks like we'll only get a one or two different tunes each night. It should be more with tbe amount of songs on the alt setlist, but I'm ok either way. 

9 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

This isn't NuGnR anymore, so things may change...you're composing apples to an unknown commodity

I'm sure Axl still has final say on what songs he wants to sing. It's been, what 15 years since, "This is a new song..." But who knows. Not counting the warm up shows, we're only 2 concerts in. Plenty of time to finally stop playing the Seeker!! lol

6 minutes ago, ironmt said:

If you look back at the bands set list when they were on the UYI tour you will see that they didn't change the set list that much then either. The difference Is we now have the Internet.

Yeah I know. To me it's just kinda funny how every show people have expectations of new songs/setlist changes/etc and when it doesn't happen, they get mad.

Sidenote: I just figured out how to multi-quote so this is a big day and now I can expect bigger things to come.

Edited by JimMorrison4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JimMorrison4 said:

I'm sure Axl still has final say on what songs he wants to sing. It's been, what 15 years since, "This is a new song..." But who knows. Not counting the warm up shows, we're only 2 concerts in. Plenty of time to finally stop playing the Seeker!! lol

Yeah I know. To me it's just kinda funny how every show people have expectations of new songs/setlist changes/etc and when it doesn't happen, they get mad.

Sidenote: I just figured out how to multi-quote so this is a big day and now I can expect bigger things to come.

LOL, good job. You are doing better than me. I would expect a minor shake up as far as the set list Is concerned, maybe a song or two but nothing major. Which works out for the majority due to the fact that most are going for the hits as opposed to the members on the board who would love to hear songs such as Locomotive, Breakdown, Pretty Tied Up  ect.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JimMorrison4 said:

They did quite a few changes from show to show in April. I think they'll do a few on this leg as well.

The core setlist won't change, that's true. But I can see them swapping around 2-3 songs from each show.

• Like 2