06/29/16 - Kansas City - Arrowhead Stadium

downzy

1 minute ago, JimMorrison4 said:

Maybe he should pick songs he's more capable of then? I don't know.. if a singer struggles with certain songs, then the band should change those songs out. It's worse when they sound like he's struggling to even force out the words. I want to hear the songs you mentioned for sure, but if he can hit the notes to Hells Bells with no issue, then the can sing his own songs I'd think. I'm really not trying to hate. The Troubadour show, Vegas shows, Coachella, Detroit, and DC were all good. It's just tonight he's not sounding good at all.

He sounded great on every song, up until halfway through Estranged... It's not like he is singing as bad as RIR 2011 or anything. Besides, he can't exactly change out staples like RQ, SCOM or PC. They are songs he seems to struggle with, but we can at least respect the fact that the band tries its best.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GibsonLP said:

"I don't understand why he doesn't sound like the album when I listen to a show recorded on a cellphone and then broadcast over the internet to my computer speakers"

Thank you. It's funny reading the ebb and flow here. 

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

Sure he's allowed...but we aren't allowed to call a turd a turd when it's right in front of us?  He's having an off night, that's what we are saying lol

So which Is it, he Is allowed to have an off night as you stated above or there Is no excuse for It as you said In one of your previous posts?

4 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

In all fairness.....with ACDC, he sounded great when he was mobile...the reason is those songs are WAY easier to sing compared to GnR stuff (like it's so easy is a very easy to song to sing, no pun intended).  Estranged, RQ, Coma, YCBM, Yesterdays, etc....those are a bitch to sing.   

Yes, he did but the first shows were what granted him 5 stars reviews. No one complained about one weakness in his voice. Press was too good to be true.

I dont agree the AC/DC songs are easier, they're not the same as those you named but they present other difficulties.

Although many of them are very short and verses repeat more often.

4 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I tend to agree the beer doesn't help, but I disagree with the ACDC thing, the London show was crazy good vocally. 

I just think it's not his night tonight. I don't see this as a trend or anything but he's just a bit off tonight and not trusting his voice at all 

Yeah, I didn't mean to say the rest of the shows were awful. I think he reached perfection when singing from the throne. And when he went mobile he didn't move like this either.

2 minutes ago, DIST said:

Axl needs to cut alcohol for the rest of the tour. Clearly hurts his throat.

I don't know about that, maybe it's just an off night, a step-throat, this kind of shit. But we know Axl likes some afterparties... This is not good, even if he doesn't drink. The number one thing a voice needs is REST. After a gig, Axl needs to go back to the hotel and sleep. A restless voice is exposed to more and more damage. I'm not a singer, but I'm a teacher and I use my voice A LOT. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ironmt said:

So which Is it, he Is allowed to have an off night as you stated above or there Is no excuse for It as you said In one of your previous posts?

Again, you've taken what I said out of context...there is no excuse for singing over Slash's intro in PC.   He's choosing to sing then, it was not a criticism of his voice, but when he choose to sing.  If you're going to pick at me, get your facts straight OK.  

Edited by tsinindy

12 minutes ago, GibsonLP said:

"I don't understand why he doesn't sound like the album when I listen to a show recorded on a cellphone and then broadcast over the internet to my computer speakers"

This :lol:

I love when people claim axl sounds bad when they couldn't sing half as well as he could when he covered Mickey Mouse :P 

• Like 1