06/29/16 - Kansas City - Arrowhead Stadium

downzy

Just now, ironmt said:

I am not quite sure how selling 40-50,000 seats per night In a stadium Is utterly disappointing considering most bands today are lucky to draw 18,000 to an arena.

Very true, just because shows aren't sellouts doesn't mean they do not draw large crowds or that they are even not selling well to begin with.  You can still have a financially great night AND be a huge draw and not necessarily sell out 100 percent of all the seats

1 minute ago, scooby845 said:

okay let me rephrase..not utterly.. but disappointing given the fact that all of us believed according to ticketmaster that it was 95% sold out...

Great point. The ticket master sight was certainly deceiving.

23 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

It's not rocket science! 

And a lot of you people complaining about the setlist have very low post counts and/or haven't been around here much over the past 14 years. There are those of us who have been loyal and seen Axl and everyone else live tens of times and heard all the classic material played to death. But we're not complaining about the sets because it's common sense and good business. 

Jesus, wait til the next tour and you'll all be whining that there's too many Chinese and new album songs. 

And btw, the UYI tour was IN SUPPORT OF TWO NEW FUCKING CDs. This tour is not!

This post made me uncomfortable almost .  That's just a weird thing to say .  You're no more or less a fan that anyone on this board .  Get over yourself and stop being so condescending over a band. I woke up at 4am to read the setlist and read this awakard ass comment . I'm not sure if I can even go back to sleep now after reading it. Hope everyone enjoyed the show that went .

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Very true, just because shows aren't sellouts doesn't mean they do not draw large crowds or that they are even not selling well to begin with.  You can still have a financially great night AND be a huge draw and not necessarily sell out 100 percent of all the seats

Agree completely. If they can do between 40-50,000 per show that Is pretty Impressive IMO.

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

someone correct me if im wrong.. but are those microphones recording the audience below Slash?! bands usually strategically place microphones like that when they are trying to record for a DVD or live album...

Definitely crowd mikes I'd say. Crowd was good n vocal for the first 3rd. Shit started like a house afire.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I don't wanna be the one who is bitching about it and infusing negative energy, cause it's not all bad, moreover it's fuckin' great, it just isn't as perfect as we expected..

I mean - regarding the ticket demand - this is utterly disappointing. I don't know if it's up to Ticketmaster or high prices, but once those stadium dates were confirmed I expected every one of them to be sold out, befitting the act as great as GnR is. Now, what is this? Guns have yet to sell out the complete stadium (Not counting Ford Field cause it didn't have 3 stories).. What's next? We find out Metlife or Soldier Field is only halfway sold out? Lol.. I mean really...

About Axl's voice? He was fantastic in Detroit, DC not so much...KC I don't know.. hopefully he improves as time goes by...

*If we are infuriated about this form of his voice, imagine if he applies the same form in September while singing ACDC.... whoa.... not that I care whatsoever...

His best show was DC i think you'll find. If I could have any show so far on bluray thats what it be

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Philipm787 said:

Slash is stealing the show in this reunion, big time. His return was clearly the main draw to fans, and personally I'm glad he's upstaging everyone else. Don't really care what Axl sounds like personally because Slash is the main man. GNR fans seeing Slash play the hits again is the #1 draw in this reunion, and instead of trying to cover for Axl's poor vocals, we should be heaping a shit tonne of praise on Slash.

Slash was an absolute monster in Vegas and yes, upstaged Axl, which is going some. 

Interesting, I was speaking to a Queen fan in Düsseldorf and he said he didn't care who sang for them as long as Brian May is still playing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

His best show was DC i think you'll find. If I could have any show so far on bluray thats what it be

I still think Detroit was better judging from the videos cause it was the tour opener and it was INDOORS where sound is a lot better... DC a slight worse...

3 hours ago, parisrocks said:

When Axl points and smiles at the end of Chinese Democracy from center stage, it's at my son, River, who is holding up a sign that says "Even With An Iron Fist"! Best night of his life!

Best post by miles in this horribly negative thread!

55 minutes ago, Izzyslash said:

Haha, what has that got to do with anything. I have been following MyGNR page since 96, and the band since about 88, and so has probably a lot more people, even though thehy do not sit and post on mygnr forum all the time. It has been years betweem some of my posts here. First time around I my user got deleted, cause I never bothered to do anything. This is my second one. 

I still hope they change up the setlist every now and then on this tour. 
`This is not similar at all to the 2002 run. Stop being a douchebag.

What has it got to do with everything? Since you didn't understand, i'll repeat/rephrase: There are many hardcore fans including myself who have been dissecting, discussing and complaining about static setlists since 2002. But we're not complaining about it now because if there was ever a time for there to be a static, hit-based set to go around the world at least once, this is it!! 

Yes, it is very similar to the 2002 run in the exact multiple ways I said (i.e. in the need for a static, hits-based setlist). If you can't see that then you're frankly not very bright. 

32 minutes ago, AppetiteForSomething said:

This post made me uncomfortable almost .  That's just a weird thing to say .  You're no more or less a fan that anyone on this board .  Get over yourself and stop being so condescending over a band. I woke up at 4am to read the setlist and read this awakard ass comment . I'm not sure if I can even go back to sleep now after reading it. Hope everyone enjoyed the show that went .

That's ironic because your post is actually the most weird, awkward and uncomfortable i've probably ever read on here. You can't go back to sleep?!! Go get teddy!

One guy posted saying he's been a fan since 2011 and didn't know who Izzy was. Yeah, i'm more a fan than he and if all these people are gonna pop up having not been around supporting Guns over the past 20 difficult years and bitch about the goddam setlist after THREE FUCKING SHOWS then i'm damn sure gonna say something about it. 

Sweet nightmares, don't piss the bed.

Edited by Jordan Rose
  • Like 1

A great show. I do agree with the person above that Slash stole the show. It seemed like every 40 seconds, Slash was on the big screen doing a solo. But I think it's by design. Axl seems more relaxed than with "nu gnr". Great show, great night except for the part where I ran over an unknown 4 legged animal on the way back to Omaha and it tore off one of my fenders.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JimMorrison4 said:

Just clicked on the first periscope. Heard the end of Live and Let Die and now Rocket Queen. He sounds 2012 bad. Makes no sense why he'd sing AC/DC songs better than his own.

What on earth are you talking about, he sounds fucking great. Rock on m8 dude :headbang:

5 hours ago, SWINGTRADER said:

Let's be honest, he hasn't been completely spot on in the previous shows either. He has been good in the usual songs( Jungle, ISE, etc) and weak in others.  

Nowhere near 2010 or AC/DC. I think we must accept that as far as GNR is concerned, Axl's vocals are dead. Whether he is doing it on purpose or not, doesn't matter. If a reunion doesn't bring the best out of him for his own band, then there is nothing to be said.

I'll be satisfied to see Slash, Duff, and hopefully Adler/Stradlin for the west coast shows, even if Axl sounds like Mickey. I'll pretend like it is Axl from the early 90's up there.

As long as the songs are played correctly(instruments), I will enjoy the show.

Well, that is some strange things to say, he had done a great job, he is not 31 anymore.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JustanUrchin said:

The drummer's meth-like pace is making it difficult for Axl on PC (and elsewhere).  Slash needs to turn around and say, "gimme some groove."  The band otherwise is rockin!  And how much better would tonight's experience be in person rather than viewing on Periscope?

Frank shouldn't have been chosen over Sorum, sad about this Velvet Revolver beef.

In July 2006, Frank Ferrer joined Guns N' Roses during their European Tour to replace Bryan "Brain" Mantia, who had returned to the United States when his wife had a child. Tommy Stinson and Richard Fortus, who Ferrer had both recorded with in the past, reached out to Ferrer to fill the drum position.[1] Ferrer played his first show with the band on June 24, 2006 in Dessel, Belgium at Graspop Metal Meeting.[2] Initially expected to be just a touring drummer filling in for 2 weeks, Ferrer became the official drummer in late 2006. He recorded tracks Chinese Democracy, Better and If the World for the album Chinese Democracy.

Edited by BackOffBitch!

18 minutes ago, Carne_asaDA said:

A great show. I do agree with the person above that Slash stole the show. It seemed like every 40 seconds, Slash was on the big screen doing a solo. But I think it's by design. Axl seems more relaxed than with "nu gnr". Great show, great night except for the part where I ran over an unknown 4 legged animal on the way back to Omaha and it tore off one of my fenders.

Hopefully you did your part to stop the northern spread of armadillos. They can shred a fender like Dale Jr with debris at Darlington.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lassie said:

Well, that is some strange things to say, he had done a great job, he is not 31 anymore.

Stop lying to yourself. Axl sounds great in spots. What's the fucking use sounding great in spots then shite elsewhere? SCOM, RQ, NR, PC, Better and YCBM are all shite, on Axls part, for the majority of the tunes. Luckily for him, he has Slash there to cover that for him now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Philipm787 said:

Stop lying to yourself. Axl sounds great in spots. What's the fucking use sounding great in spots then shite elsewhere? SCOM, RQ, NR, PC, Better and YCBM are all shite, on Axls part, for the majority of the tunes. Luckily for him, he has Slash there to cover that for him now.

Exactly! Something Shitsba or Bumblefoot could never do :wow:
Don't get me wrong Bumblefoot is great, but he could never redeem Axl Mouse.

2 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

40-50 000? I correct myself... it seems it is almost utterly disappointing.. It is 25 000

http://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/ent-columns-blogs/back-to-rockville/article86820582.html

Although "25,000 or so" seems like the writer of the review just pulled a number out of his ass lol.  Is there a boxscore number or anything official we can go on?  I haven't seen the numbers for any of the shows thus far and am curious now